Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times

Advertisements

If Trump significantly improves our economy without leveraging the nations future, I will give him credit. If he gives us single-payer healthcare, I will give him credit. I believe that most of this man's goals go counter to my core beliefs and principles, therefore I believe that most of his potential successes will actually be failures for our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 07:33 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
hmmm. sigh.....

Obama did a great job. Did right wing admit it?

For over 7 years GWB ranted and raved and promised to get Bin Laden. He failed.
Obama had to do that job, in case you forgot.
Obama also had to clean up the economic mess left by the Republicans.

OP, your hypothetical question is rather pointless at this stage. Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet.
THIS.

Obama restored an economy that was on the precipice of the second great depression, and insured 20 million previously uninsured Americans, and the right will tell you, with a straight face, that he's the worst president we've ever had.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:36 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
No. His detractors will not give him credit. They will credit Obama policies "finally" taking effect. They refuse to accept him as President of the US, how can they possibly give him credit.

You called it, see post below. LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, to flip that one...

If there IS an Obama policy that pans out (like all these companies who were planning to keep jobs here and Trump has tried to seize credit even when the company issues a memo to the contrary) these people would not be WRONG to give Obama credit.

And Trump fans would be wrong to assign credit to him... as has already been happening right here on C-D.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:37 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
THIS.

Obama restored an economy that was on the precipice of the second great depression, and insured 20 million previously uninsured Americans, and the right will tell you, with a straight face, that he's the worst president we've ever had.
He hasn't restored anything but the balance sheets of Wall Street and he made health insurance more expensive for those who could already afford it (no free lunch).

Old 01-20-2017, 07:38 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
If Trump significantly improves our economy without leveraging the nations future, I will give him credit. If he gives us single-payer healthcare, I will give him credit. I believe that most of this man's goals go counter to my core beliefs and principles, therefore I believe that most of his potential successes will actually be failures for our country.
Welcome to the last eight years for people that aren't regressive leftists, or regime change warmongers.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:38 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Keep in mind that words are just labels we place on ideas. "Good Job" probably means substantially different things to a Republican vs a Democrat.
I know, I don't expect democrats to support his immigration policies or stance on global warming but I think there are still metrics of success that would cross party lines.

Lower unemployment
Increased optimism in America
More jobs created or kept in this country
Less military engagement in foreign countries.
Economy does well

Old 01-20-2017, 07:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Disclosure. I am an independent who did not vote for Trump but I hold out hope that he does a good job for the country since hoping he fails is akin to hoping America fails.

My question is, will liberals admit it if he actually does a good job?
Lets say the economy improves, we keep more jobs in America, American optimism and pride increases like it did under Reagan, we avoid getting into more wars, in short, he does a good job as president.

Do you think liberals would admit it or give him credit?
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!

See: POC forum for past 8 years.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You called it, see post below. LoL
If that's all you got out of my post, you should read it again.

None of Obama's detractors gave him credit for anything positive he accomplished. They either said it wasn't a positive (maybe it wasn't for him) or they said Congress was responsible or some such.

Come on... who wouldn't give Trump credit for his actual accomplishments? RIGHT ALONG with his FAILURES.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:42 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Not a chance. Liberals will no more admit Trump did something good than they would that Obama did anything bad. If he does something that boosts the economy they'll claim it was because of Obama, but if the economy tanks - even in the first few months - it will all be because of Trump.

Just look at their delusion that Obama "got" Bin Laden, as if the 7 years of work done while Bush was president had nothing to do with it and Obama personally lead Seal Team Six to get him.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:43 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Not a chance. Liberals are going to whine and cry for the next 8 years.

In fact, it will only get louder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies