Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 12:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I blame Obama, not Trump.
sure you do, but you have no case to make other than wishful thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 12:39 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
These protests are making Dems look really bad..
Yes.
It will be interesting to see how the dems and their media spin this.....

Old 01-20-2017, 12:40 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Trump's been president for like 2 hours and was president-elect for like 2 months before that and people are already blaming him for stuff that was going on before he even said he was running for president?
well given that Trump is trying to take credit for jobs declared two years ago, that seems fair to me..

If Trump wants a clean start he should have started cleanly, he choose to lie and fight like a baby even after he won. Thus it is on him.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:40 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You didn't blame Obama, Bernie Sanders for dividing the country. They are all to blame.
I don't believe that any of them are to blame for the divide. It has deep historical roots. Some presidents have presided over more contentious times than others, but America has never been truly secure in its unity.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I did not intend to imply that he was to blame for it, but as now leader of the nation, bridging the divide falls on his shoulders, whether or not he wanted the job. I find what's being reported to be incredibly disturbing and do not condone it in any way, shape, or form. This is not peaceful protest; it is criminal behavior and the perpetrators should be arrested and charged.
It wouldn't surprise me if he said something about it. He's the type who would, unless his people will pull him back now that he's actually president and stop him from saying certain things.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
well given that Trump is trying to take credit for jobs declared two years ago, that seems fair to me..

If Trump wants a clean start he should have started cleanly, he choose to lie and fight like a baby even after he won. Thus it is on him.
Terrible logic, please just stop.

These types of riots have been happening since way before the election, most recently tied to BLM and police shootings.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
You can see how Trump is bringing the people together

Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care who did it. Left, or right, it is what it is. I expected this to happen. I'm not shocked.
So you excuse it? What's your excuse for them this time? Oh yes, you expected it.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Really?

Inauguration protests turn violent, car torched
The police official confirmed protesters “have crow bars and are vandalizing,” after demonstrators were seen smashing windows downtown, including at a local McDonald's and other locations.

Sources told Fox News that at least three police officers were taken to the hospital. Their injuries were described as minor.

This comes after protesters from Black Lives Matter and other groups forced the shutdown early Friday morning of at least two inauguration security checkpoints, including the one where Sollars said she was attacked -- as demonstrators followed through on threats to disrupt President-elect Donald Trump’s inaugural ceremonies.

The Black Lives Matter protesters at first started chaining themselves to fences in front of a checkpoint near the Capitol, after which the Secret Service closed the gates and shut down the entrance.

it's all over Black Lives Matter Twitter
Uhhh, the ones that were acting violent and destroying the Starbucks and other buildings and cars weren't BLM. If you bothered to watch the video, you can plainly see who exactly these violent, idiot protesters are.

Destroying businesses, vandalizing cars and hurting innocent people because of Trump? Just stupid. But it was less than 100 people. I'm sure there are millions of liberals seeing that crap and they are just as angry about it and against it as everyone else.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
This is the heart of the matter. People like you, who's first thought is to blame the president, rather than the violent protesters (who are 100% responsible for their own actions).

You, and those that think like you, are the problem. Thank god the adults are in charge now, and hopefully, we can start arresting and jailing these domestic terrorists, who seek to do our great country harm.
LOL, can't connect the dots?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies