Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 12:32 PM

3,883 posts, read 4,534,690 times

Advertisements

Okay, so a few people did respond saying that it's "Trump" and his Trumpy ways that bother them the most.

I can definitely see how he would upset people... some like his WWE style of crashing a chair over an opponent's head, while others think he's repulsive. Hard to reconcile those two groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 12:36 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
For me, it's just disbelief that out of ALL the people in the U.S.A., it came down to those two nincompoops.
I'll have to agree with this. I think Pence would have made a much better President and I'm thankful Hillary didn't get elected. Trump is a poor excuse for POTUS.

The hardcore KoolAde drinkers shouting "we won" can't see how wrong they are. Everyone lost. America lost.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:00 PM

3,883 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I'll have to agree with this. I think Pence would have made a much better President and I'm thankful Hillary didn't get elected. Trump is a poor excuse for POTUS.

The hardcore KoolAde drinkers shouting "we won" can't see how wrong they are. Everyone lost. America lost.
Welp, what's done is done... he's now our president. I'm not going to allow Trump to turn me into a mental patient! I'm gonna adopt Betty White's attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXYqG8ri4po

Old 01-20-2017, 01:10 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I'm gonna adopt Betty White's attitude.
Excellent. I'm much more interested in the North Fort Worth Alliance meeting tomorrow morning. I'm much more interested in the good things the people who are *actually in my universe* have going on. I'm much more interested in how I can be a positive influence to the people I know who I may be able to help.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
When are you fools going to figure out that Trump is NOT a Republican? He's not even a conservative. He is a LIBERAL. Yes, he is. In some ways, Trump is, in fact, more to the left than either Hillary Clinton or President Obama. But, you'll learn that soon enough.

Trump is an unapologetic, unabashed member of the wealthy New York LIBERAL elite -- he personifies everything you guys wanted to reject. But Don the Con duped you into believing that he's anti-establishment.

So, think about it: Why would liberals protest a LIBERAL? Because they are sickened by the knowledge that a con artist, a swindler, an unethical, unscrupulous, crass demagogue douchebag is becoming President of the United States today.
it doesnt matter whether or not trump is a liberal, conservative, or where ever on the political spectrum. if he had run as a democrat, and won as a democrat, no one would be protesting trump because he would be the next democrat golden boy(in his case literally).

the only reason the left is protesting is because trump broke off from them and won as a republican.

as for trump duping us, not true. we know what kind of person he is, and i would rather have had someone else as president, but it is better to have trump as president than hitlery.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
If you saw an ideological opponent with such a vicious scorched-earth campaign win the White House, you might be distressed too. Even lots of people who voted for him (voted against Hillary to be more accurate) have misgivings about him. But the icing on the cake, the one factor that caused such a tantrum and so much melodrama from so many corners on the left, is that they didn't see it coming. You can see it on all the shell-shocked faces at the Hillary "victory" parties that suddenly turned into wakes. They simply hadn't emotionally prepared themselves for the possibility that they might lose.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:30 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Honestly, I feel a great deal of angst about this transition. As I grow older, I understand that institutional knowledge is really important, and the new administration is coming into the White House with a blank slate and a lot of unfilled desks. Many of Trump's appointees are untested politicians who are facing complex domestic and global issues.

Trump is great with tweets, but presidents need a strong sense of discernment and the humility to seek out the expertise of the more experienced. For all of the show of unity from Republicans, the truth is that our new president does not have a great reputation in Washington and has alienated a great many smart and capable people. This does not bode well for his administration.

The saddest part is that our country seems to be embracing ignorance as an attribute. It's astonishing. No longer is education held up as accomplishment worth pursuing. Professionals with years of experience are degraded as empty suits or swamp dwellers, and college students are dismissed as snowflakes. Anti-intellectualism is sweeping both our nation and many of our western allies'. I find it all extraordinarily disheartening.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-20-2017 at 01:56 PM..

Old 01-20-2017, 01:33 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
It's the fact that the "Everyone Gets a Trophy" crowd lost and didn't get any consolation prize so they are pitching a fit. Doesn't matter who the POTUS is. As long as it's not the Snowflakes candidate, they are not going to be happy.

Enjoying the meltdown...

Old 01-20-2017, 01:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's the fact that the "Everyone Gets a Trophy" crowd lost and didn't get any consolation prize so they are pitching a fit. Doesn't matter who the POTUS is. As long as it's not the Snowflakes candidate, they are not going to be happy.

Enjoying the meltdown...
So for you it just boils down to punishing those with whom you disagree rather than ensuring that the nation has a qualified leader, because, let's please get real here, Trump was not a good choice.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:45 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Speaking for myself, a diehard liberal (who is not hysterical, by the way), it's the fact that he's Trump, not the fact that he's a Republican. I was disappointed but not terribly upset when Reagan, Bush, and Bush were elected. The pendulum swings back and forth and I get that. If Pence had been elected, I could handle that, even though I disagree with him on most issues.

I think Trump is completely ill-suited to be president and I feel embarrassed every time he opens his mouth. For all the reasons that have been discussed ad nauseum--he's thin-skinned, hateful and vindictive. He appears to care only about his own self-interests. He seems to lack basic knowledge of the Constitution and the workings of the government. He has a well-documented history of lying and cheating when it suits him. I dread seeing him in the White House for the next 4 years and hope he either resigns or is impeached at the earliest opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies