Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:29 PM

31,927 posts, read 14,919,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. Trump played the America card. You know who won? America. America won. Trump is your president now so deal with it. If you're one of those "He's not my president" type, feel free to leave. I have to warn you that many countries have tight immigration requirements.

I hated Obama. When he was in office, I still had to consider him the president. I wasn't like those special snowflake liberals saying "not my president" or participating in mass riots marketed as protests.

Now that Trump is president, it's time to Make America Great Again! :ok:
America has always been great. If you didn't feel this way then why didn't you leave. And no it was your perception that Obama played the race card and Hillary played the women card. Obama tried to unite but a black president could never unite the racists with the ones who weren't. It just wasn't possible because it just incensed the racists more. I may have not agreed with a president but I never hated one. White supremacists are in full support of Trump. The alt right want's this country to be all white again. The majority of this country does not want to go backwards, we want to go forward. And good grief, over the last 8 years I have heard so many times that Obama wasn't my president. We have all heard the vile things that were said about him and the first lady. And most was about their skin color.
And what mass riots are you talking about. If you're talking about DC, you are just plain wrong.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,341,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It wasn't liberals freaking out about the "Mooslem Kenyan" for the last 8 years.

Remember that whole do unto other thing. Well Rs will be reaping what they have sown.
You clearly don't remember the whole "do unto other thing", but that's to be expected from a liberal.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Of course you're choosing to NOT go that route and instead prove that you're as bad or worse than anyone else. So much for the moral high ground libs constantly try to claim.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:00 PM

6,599 posts, read 4,978,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
It may have helped with his organizing his presidential efforts. However I am sincerely impressed with having someone in office who is not from the same background as those who have been there all these years manipulating the voters and not really accomplishing more than 50% of what they should.

Time will tell.
It's insanity, he is of that same class , he was the one paying the politicians to manipulate the voters by his own admission. Elected officials are a representation of their constituency if we people, the constituents can't agree on what we want, how can they accomplish anything and more importantly how is trump going to change that dynamic by being a metaphorical "bull in a China shop". What's that line about Hillary? You want a woman president just not her, I want an outsider just not that freaking guy.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:22 PM

8,271 posts, read 6,349,026 times
The United States got a reprieve for 8 years. After that if the Democrats are hell bent on destroying America I won't care, I'll be 81.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:31 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,911,941 times
Trump is just a man and should be treated as such. We treat our politicians with too much deference. He has promised a lot and needs to be scrutinized so he lives up to his promises. Part of the reason Obama was such a failure is because he knew his minions wouldn't question him at all.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Thank God we finally have a president who is free of all scandal and corruption. I know they say absolute power corrupts absolutely, but I just have a good feeling about all those billionaires taking the reigns of the US fiscal machine - they are going to figure out a way to break that cycle and bring it all back to the people. God bless America!
I dunno about the "free from corruption" claim:

Counterintelligence officials are sifting through intercepted communications and financial data as part of a wider look at possible ties between the Russian government and associates of President-elect Donald Trump, officials said. U.S. counterintelligence officials examining possible ties between Russia, Trump associates - Chicago Tribune

Old 01-20-2017, 07:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,148,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You clearly don't remember the whole "do unto other thing", but that's to be expected from a liberal.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Of course you're choosing to NOT go that route and instead prove that you're as bad or worse than anyone else. So much for the moral high ground libs constantly try to claim.
I claim no moral high ground. I'm quite enjoying the hypocrisy of the Rs screeching about coming together and getting behind the great dorito after 8 years of their whining.

You are reaping what you have sown. Have a fun 4 years.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:01 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
It may have helped with his organizing his presidential efforts. However I am sincerely impressed with having someone in office who is not from the same background as those who have been there all these years manipulating the voters and not really accomplishing more than 50% of what they should.
Time will tell.
Yeah I totally get it about manipulating voters, I wonder how Trump supporters feel after this, especially since it was so important to him that it was one of the very first things he did after being sworn in. Not creating jobs, or fixing the ACA, or building 'the wall'. Instead of any of that, it was more important to him to reverse a 1/4% rate cut to FHA insurance that would impact middle class home buyers.

"Soon after he was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States, Donald John Trump set to work signing executive orders. And one of his first actions was to roll back a discount on the fees for a federal mortgage program that helps middle-class homebuyers"

FHA mortgage insurance premium cuts cancelled by President Trump - CBS News

Old 01-20-2017, 08:10 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,727,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I think the Dems ought to make this the centerpiece of their platform for 2020.
Any Democrat who tries to run in 2020 will suffer the same fate as Hillary. People have lost support for them after they found out about their evil, lying, criminal activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
White supremacists are in full support of Trump. The alt right want's this country to be all white again. The majority of this country does not want to go backwards, we want to go forward.
Those are all lies fabricated by the liberal media just to make look Trump bad because they are getting $$$ in the millions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Kevdawgg, are you only about 21 and have no experience being deceived by what political candidates say to con your vote?
Actually, I'm almost 25 so I have a little experience with politicians that con your vote. Just compare Obama's campaign promises in 2008 and 2012 with the mess we're in today. We'd have no wars in the middle east and the deficit would be wiped out. I guess not. Yet some people still support him.

Idiots like Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have already ruined the Democratic party. You might as well sprinkle in the Clinton crime family. The dems have some serious rebuilding to do if they want to win any future elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Government run by billionaires for billionaires and the common man can go pound salt.
I'd rather have billionaires than Obama's Chicago thugs or corrupt career politicians running the government.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:45 PM

7,170 posts, read 4,734,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. Trump played the America card. You know who won? America. America won. Trump is your president now so deal with it. If you're one of those "He's not my president" type, feel free to leave. I have to warn you that many countries have tight immigration requirements.

I hated Obama. When he was in office, I still had to consider him the president. I wasn't like those special snowflake liberals saying "not my president" or participating in mass riots marketed as protests.

Now that Trump is president, it's time to Make America Great Again!
I'm raising the BS flag.

You stated you had to consider Obama "THE president". Obama was never "your" president.

Therefore, I acknowledge that Donald Trump is THE president of the US of America. However, Trump ISN'T MY president. I didn't buy what he was selling, I didn't vote for him, I'm not responsible for what he does.

I will treat Trump the same way the GOPers treated Obama: criticisms and insults galore.

The 4th Amendment grants me that right to express myself just as the 2nd Amendment gives me the right to own and carry weapons. Who are you to tell people to leave this country?

It isn't going to be applause or silence.

I'm a veteran. I'm not going anywhere. Get used to it.

Last edited by EDnurse; 01-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: Spelling and punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies