Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 02:20 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,720,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg
Trump is your president now
NOT MINE!!!!! (Or many others)

Old 01-21-2017, 04:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,183,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Isn't that horrible for a first action?

Government run by billionaires for billionaires and the common man can go pound salt.

Any FOOL that thought he would be looking out for the little guy is about to find out just how mistaken they were.

They will have a hard time admitting it, of course.
EVERY time I try to give the guy a chance, he goes and does something stupid again. Watching the inauguration yesterday, I thought, "Okay. This guy is the new president. Maybe he feels a little over his head right now. His wife and son seem pretty decent. Maybe he won't be so bad." Then BAM, first action ****s over the working person.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:13 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,582,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. Trump played the America card. You know who won? America. America won. Trump is your president now so deal with it. If you're one of those "He's not my president" type, feel free to leave. I have to warn you that many countries have tight immigration requirements.

I hated Obama. When he was in office, I still had to consider him the president. I wasn't like those special snowflake liberals saying "not my president" or participating in mass riots marketed as protests.

Now that Trump is president, it's time to Make America Great Again!
That's your opinion. Don't expect everyone to be as thrilled as you are about Trump. How many years after Obama was elected did the Republicans "GET OVER IT?" Answer: NEVER. So don't expect Democrats to act differently.....

Old 01-21-2017, 04:37 AM

68,282 posts, read 54,070,915 times
Quote:
Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. Trump played the America card. You know who won? America. America won. Trump is your president now so deal with it. If you're one of those "He's not my president" type, feel free to leave. I have to warn you that many countries have tight immigration requirements.

I hated Obama. When he was in office, I still had to consider him the president. I wasn't like those special snowflake liberals saying "not my president" or participating in mass riots marketed as protests.

Meaning what? That the GOP, after 8 years, may actually think about doing something constructive instead of obstructive?

BFD!

Old 01-21-2017, 05:17 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,797,385 times
Quote:

I don't believe you. I don't believe you were nearly as accepting and/respectful of President Obama as you imply you were. I heard lots of your crowd say, "Obama is not my President."

But even if YOU didn't actually say those words, you likely joined in on the irrational Obama hatefest that lasted 8 years, and ranged from that stupid freaking Birther movement and supporting the endless, obstructionist tactics of the Republicans, to outright paranoia and threats of violence. So, fess up, Kev. You don't fool me none.

With that in mind, I have a few questions:

1) are you Trumpsters such "special snowflakes" and hypocrites that, if your leader experiences the same treatment our leader did for EIGHT YEARS, you and your fellow disciples will repeat your new mantra "Get out!"?

Are you familiar with the First Amendment? Do you, or do you not, support the Constitution of the United States? You Trumpsters always claim you're all about upholding the Constitution, no matter what. But, now, suddenly, you suffer an acute case of amnesia, forget all about your lofty "principles," and get all "butthurt" when the tables are turned. You seem to want to temporarily rewrite the Constitution to suit yourselves. Let's toss out that Free Speech stuff because it annoys you. Snowflakes. Hypocritical, dictatorial snowflakes is what you are.

Well, you'd better toughen up, and buckle up, because this ride has just begun.

2) why didn't YOU leave while Obama was President? Remember: I don't believe for a second that you accepted Obama as POTUS, or that you were respectful of him. So, why didn't YOU get out? You were "free to leave" for 8 years. Right back atcha!

Then again, perhaps you weren't old enough to have formed your own opinions of Obama, or to have left the US on your own accord, because you sound very young and impressionable NOW.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:31 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,035,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I dunno about the "free from corruption" claim:

Counterintelligence officials are sifting through intercepted communications and financial data as part of a wider look at possible ties between the Russian government and associates of President-elect Donald Trump, officials said. U.S. counterintelligence officials examining possible ties between Russia, Trump associates - Chicago Tribune
Yeah, I am just trying to have some fun. Sometimes I dream up an untenable argumentative position (e.g., Trump wants to share his riches to help the lower class get ahead in the world) and then articulate it into something a Trump supporter might say or think. Its cathartic, and it confuses Trumpists.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:44 AM

35,382 posts, read 20,756,414 times
Of course I am an American- I shall zip it for 4 years and respect the office of the the presidency-- it is as musical chairs game, so until the piano starts playing again--

Old 01-21-2017, 12:58 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,678,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It's insanity, he is of that same class , he was the one paying the politicians to manipulate the voters by his own admission. Elected officials are a representation of their constituency if we people, the constituents can't agree on what we want, how can they accomplish anything and more importantly how is trump going to change that dynamic by being a metaphorical "bull in a China shop". What's that line about Hillary? You want a woman president just not her, I want an outsider just not that freaking guy.
Of the two choices that could possibly win he was the best for me. I honestly did not trust her after watching the blatant lying.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:02 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,078,152 times
Quote:

Good summation! Agreed

Old 01-21-2017, 03:47 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,721,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
How many years after Obama was elected did the Republicans "GET OVER IT?" Answer: NEVER.
I don't remember republicans wanting to cause riots while creating mass destruction and vandalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies