Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times

Advertisements

Seems all they care about is bullets, Bibles, banks, big business, and billionaires.

Based on their behavior at the voting booth.. its safe to say they barely bother to believe in facts. Conservatives want to ban some of our best and brightest because they have brown skin. They look up to boring blond bimbos like Ivanka Trump. Yet, they meet black women like Michelle Obama with bigotry, bitterness and belligerence.

I can barely believe a brilliant country like this would elect such a bumbling, bigoted, buffoon. Basically, this bipolar blob named "Trump" wants to ban bills that give basic health benefits to broken homes below the poverty line.

Then there's the bold backroom deals with bankable businesses and making bad behavior a virtue. Cons engage in lies, corruption, and bogus birther-ism to bring out bias and blur reality.

How can anyone with a brain back birthers and backwater bog dwellers who think billionaires with boathouses are blameless? You really buy this "business man" bully as someone to bring you a blissful, bright and burden-free America? I call bull***t.

Call me bitter, but banks, border obsession and bigotry is not the most brilliant way to bridge barriers and bring benefits to all Americans.

The Republican brand of "becoming better" (or make America Great again) makes my blood boil. Great for who? Billionaires, banks, big businesses and blond bimbos?

Feels like a breakdown of society when bureaucracy can't block abominations this big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:37 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Seems all they care about is bullets, Bibles, banks, big business, and billionaires.

Based on their behavior at the voting booth.. its safe to say they barely bother to believe in facts. Conservatives want to ban some of our best and brightest because they have brown skin. They look up to boring blond bimbos like Ivanka Trump. Yet, they meet beautiful black women like Michelle Obama with bigotry, bitterness and belligerence.

I can barely believe a brilliant country like this would elect such a bumbling, bigoted, buffoon. Basically, this bipolar blob named "Trump" wants to ban bills that give basic health benefits to broken homes below the poverty line.

Then there's the bold backroom deals with bankable businesses and making bad behavior a virtue. Cons engage in lies, corruption, and bogus birther-ism to bring out bias and blur reality.

How can anyone with a brain back birthers and backwater bog dwellers who think billionaires with boathouses are blameless? You really buy this "business man" bully as someone to bring you a blissful, bright and burden-free America? I call bull***t.

Call me bitter, but banks, border obsession and bigotry is not the most brilliant way to bridge barriers and bring benefits to all Americans.

The Republican brand of "becoming better" (or make America Great again) makes my blood boil. Great for who? Billionaires, banks, big businesses and blond bimbos?

Feels like a breakdown of society when bureaucracy can't block abominations this big. (Emphasis added)
I had originally given some thought to answering all your charges on a line-by-line basis, but upon closer inspection, your accusations all boil down to the same thing: the resentments of the usual collection of losers, chronic complainers, misfits and malcontents against anyone who brings more dollars, brain cells, or scruples to the table than they can.

Your pointless diatribe begins, as they always do, with an attempt to paint all of us who do not subscribe en toto to the "progressive" Gospel as, by definition, racists, gun fanatics, homophobes, xenophobes and Bible-thumpers. And of course, in your mindset, we're all white, all wealthy, and all live in some exclusive gated neighborhood where we never encounter the grit, sweat, imperfections and disappointments of real life.

And they still say "progressives" don't resort to stereotypes.

I spent most of my 45-year career in the transportation and warehousing industries -- usually working outside that sanitary, 9-to-5, "Ward Cleaver" world. Along the way, I watched a field previously pretty much reserved for married white male heads of households open its doors, mostly voluntarily, and simply because changing demographics made it economically both sensible and necessary.

"Backroom deals"? Yep -- I'll admit that they happen. I was never close enough to the centers of power to learn much, but I could recognize that (1) it's always been that way and (2) the desire for artificial advantage and power transcends all ethnicities and all classes; and there have been no stronger practitioners of this "art" than the Clinton-Obama team.

Big money? A lot of us over here in the private sector spend many years, and accept much higher risks, simply because we prefer it to spending years struggling on the lower rungs of a "Korporate" ladder -- only to stagnate and be told that we're "well placed" while playing out the string on some dead end.

I'm not much different from everybody else; my struggle didn't leave me much better off than my Dad, who rose at five A M for forty years to milk twice a day -- interspersed with a long day in the fields under a hot sun -- or mucking out a feedlot on a cold winter day; and acting as his own mechanic, accountant and veterinarian to the limits of his own abilities.

I found my own path - no "conventional" heirs, but for over twenty years I've been close to a large, driven, struggling family who emigrated here rather than waste their lives in the backwaters of the Third World, and to a couple who were just the right age to be my own descendants -- and just as a couple of childless aunts and uncles did for me. For some of us, our personal lives don't "fit the pattern" -- but we chart our own path without succumbing to the cop-out referred to as "identity politics".

For I can find my own way / if you find yours, that's fine / I won't stick my nose in yours / so keep yours out of mine!

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-20-2017 at 10:33 PM..

Old 01-20-2017, 09:44 PM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Obama delivered record wealth inequality. Wallstreet and the banks control America. Obama sure didn't see a problem with this.

I do believe in justice and freedom. I also believe in democracy, and democracy won in 2016. Love it or leave it.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:47 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obama delivered record wealth inequality. Wallstreet and the banks control America. Obama sure didn't see a problem with this.

I do believe in justice and freedom. I also believe in democracy, and democracy won in 2016. Love it or leave it.
Of course you ignore all the BLOCKS he experienced trying to pass bills.

Of course you ignore the RECESSION we were in when he took office.

More boring, baseless, brainless, baloney.

Try again.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Of course you ignore all the BLOCKS he experienced trying to pass bills.
Nobody tried to block his wars (other than Putin). Nobody forced him to nominate Wall Street whores.

Nobody forced him to open the lobbyists revolving door after he promised to close it.

Nobody stopped him from prosecuting the bankers like he promised.

nobody forced him to pick a huge jobs exporter as his jobs czar.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:22 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
You forgot one of the critical B's: BEWBS.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:43 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Quote:

Based on their behavior at the voting booth.. its safe to say they barely bother to believe in facts. Conservatives want to ban some of our best and brightest because they have brown skin. They look up to boring blond bimbos like Ivanka Trump. Yet, they meet black women like Michelle Obama with bigotry, bitterness and belligerence.

Feels like a breakdown of society when bureaucracy can't block abominations this big.
Didn't you hear Trump's inauguration speech? Put your emotions aside and use your brain for once. People who voted Trump have been beat down the past 6-8 years. If the democrat's policies worked the voters would have voted in another democrat. Now the burden belongs to Trump. Let's see what he can do. All I know is the past 6 years for me have been a major employment struggle. 5 jobs in 6 years and all low pay. I hold a bachelors too btw. This election was all about jobs and economy of the beat down Americans. They elected Trump. Get over it.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:49 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
They elected an authoritarian crony capitalist. That answers the question.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:02 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
I get the impression most of OPs complaints were simply fabricated because they started with a "B" and it would otherwise ruin the attempt at poetic alliteration in the form of a rhetorical question the OP likely is unable to debate anyway.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:07 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Didn't you hear Trump's inauguration speech? Put your emotions aside and use your brain for once. People who voted Trump have been beat down the past 6-8 years. If the democrat's policies worked the voters would have voted in another democrat. Now the burden belongs to Trump. Let's see what he can do. All I know is the past 6 years for me have been a major employment struggle. 5 jobs in 6 years and all low pay. I hold a bachelors too btw. This election was all about jobs and economy of the beat down Americans. They elected Trump. Get over it.
Of course he didn't listen to Trump's speech. People like the OP solely get their news reinterpreted through their Facebook feed. They are still hung up on campaign retoric and are completely incapable of independent thought. Hence all of their "views" sound suspiciously the same, factual errors and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies