Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 04:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's not all of them, but a small minority.

Yes, liberal nutjobs outnumber conservative nutjobs, but let's not paint with a broad brush.
I do not think any political group has the market cornered on nutjobs.

Some people are just bat**** crazy.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:02 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's not all of them, but a small minority.

Yes, liberal nutjobs outnumber conservative nutjobs, but let's not paint with a broad brush.
Sure, buddy. Sure.

The liberal agitation both before and after this election is wholly responsible for this. This was absolutely inevitable, given the high volume of the vitriol. This is blood on the hands of the establishment and their liberal peons. There will be no convenient shifting of blame here. It's way, way too late for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 04:02 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'd be more worried about getting shot by some ultra conservative, right wing nutter, and I'm not a liberal.
You are spreading BS propaganda as there is little support for you claim and numerous evidence to support the opposite.

Run along and spread your BS somewhere else!

Old 01-21-2017, 04:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'd be more worried about getting shot by some ultra conservative, right wing nutter, and I'm not a liberal.
Well, apparently your worry would be misplaced. As demonstrated by this event.

What was it about the gangs of destructive, violent, arsonist hoodlums decked out in black baklavas, and other black ninja gear, at the inauguration that told you that it was the "right wing nutters" that were to be worried about?

Old 01-21-2017, 04:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Well, apparently your worry would be misplaced. As demonstrated by this event.

What was it about the gangs of destructive, violent, arsonist hoodlums decked out in black baklavas, and other black ninja gear, at the inauguration that told you that it was the "right wing nutters" that were to be worried about?
The Black Bloc-ers aren't right or left, they are "Anarchists".

Who Are These Protesters In Black And Why Are They Smashing Things?: DCist

It was a very isolated incident, by the way. By and large, the protests yesterday were peaceful and handled well.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:13 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Please...we are the best friends you have (Republicans) in times like these. People shooting out of emotion is waaaay more scary than the few who are calculating.....there's too many going off unhinged.....like the kid screaming on YouTube.

This is what happens to a generation of kids who got T-Ball trophies for every poor performance they ever had, were never told no but, were always told they were special.....

Now, when things don't go their way??? Kaboom.....insane.......when we were kids (60's/70's) you took your a-kickings and never reached for that unsecured .22 or single-shot 12 gauge from Sears laying in everyone's closet collecting dust. Never entered your mind....

Now? You dissin' me!!! Kaboom......really? Is that how thin skin the left has become? Some rights to no doubt but, it' seems like when the "Party of Inclusion/Democrats" don't get their way, they manifest their disdane in violent ways against those they PERCEIVE did them some sort of perverse injustice.

This just proves it.....I don't remember Republicans disrupting Barrack's innaugurations, do you? We weren't happy but, shoot someone? Burn a car over it? Hardly....

Truly, there is no such thing as being truly competitive anymore. This notion that everyone who shows up for the game is an all star and there are no winners and losers has just gone off the chain. Before long, I expect someone will get the bright idea that whatever team or individual loses the game or match will have to be declared the "winner" because young peoples self esteem just can'thandle having to realize that they lost, fair and square. What was that story.....Harrison Bergeron? I believe that was it. A society that made everybody "equal" by the use of handicaps. Those who were very strong and talented athletes would have heavy weights and such hung on them to keep their performance "fair". Talented singers would have to drink things that made their throats sore, dancers were handicapped the same way as athletes, weighted , hobbled etc. Nobody was allowed to excel.

Harrison Bergeron was a legend. The most handicapped man in history thus was his prowess. The story wound up with him crashing into a ballet performance , shedding his handicaps and those of the prima ballerina and performing the dance at their full potential. They were both shot dead on the stage by the "authorities". Seems the author of the tale had some prophetic knowledge of what society might become should government be allowed to determine what peoples potential, in whatever endeavor, should be in the name of "fairness."

And again, as you mention, there is a mindset becoming prevelant, that being the "loser",or whatever other condition that is the lesser thing, well, just grab a gun and follow Sam Colts famous equalizer meme. The philosophy of superior talent and/or hard practice and win or lose, if you know you played hard and will do harder next time if you lost just seems to be going away. Fact is, we are NOT all created equal. There is no way around that. Yet, it's still being tried to make it happen. The results are quite predictable.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:15 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
The Trumpets reach new lows on this board every day.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:47 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
There are crazies and misfits on both sides of the political spectrum.

Maybe we need more "Centrists."

Old 01-21-2017, 05:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm so ****ing tired of ****libs. They can all go to Hell.

Man shot during UW event for Milo Yiannopoulos | KIRO-TV
way to blow something out of proportion poster...

There was some sort of assault , one guy shot the other (one shot) and later turned himself in claiming self defence..

Maybe it was, maybe he is a loony, but trying to paint the left as bad because two people out of tens of thousands get into a conflict is just BS.

how about the left brands the Right as bad for assaulting peaceful protesters yesterday and today.

or we can be reasonable.

OH and BTW the shooting was between TWO LEFT WINGERS ..

Old 01-21-2017, 06:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Liberal with a gun shooting on a school campus.

My head just exploded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies