Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 02:39 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Well, I was around in the sixties. And I can assure you that women and black people specifically, as well as protestors generally, were belittled and denigrated. In fact, some of the phrasing I've seen here in this thread appears to be lifted verbatim from the editorial pages then.

Really, it's not an original tactic. Nor is it an effective one.
Some women have simply forgotten - that or they are too young to have experienced it. (Unfortunately, the same is not yet true for Black Americans). The other day a good, good friend who is as conservative as they come (way right-wing), married, never worked since she was married asked me out of the blue if I thought that I'd benefited in any way from women's liberation (her term).

Stunned, all I could say was - don't you REMEMBER? Remember all the double-takes when you got on the turnpike on solo trips since there were few women driving by themselves? You ate it up. And that when we tried to check into a hotel (admittedly in Atlantic City) the response was - "no prostitutes." (And believe me, we were way too underdressed to be prostitutes - or maybe it's the other way around ).

Old 01-23-2017, 02:45 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, your list of reasons why people didn't have a right to peacefully demonstrate is blank
People have every right to protest

Where thee hell did I even hint that anyone, much these women, had no right to protest. Hmmmm????

Geez!

You don't have the intellectual honesty to hold a discussion, much less describe what these women are protesting about. Instead you just troll here, post after post.

What are these women protesting Trump for, when he had not spent one single, solitary second as president.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:48 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Little man are so afraid of us

Why are you afraid of women??

Poor small minded tiny men. They are actually afraid of us
My small minded little man loves women. That's all he thinks about.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Either get out there and protest yourself or don't. But don't be surprised if you telling people what they should protest about doesn't go over so well.

My cause was good and if you find a woman's reproductive system "lewd" then you'd probably find my sign lewd as well. But I certainly wasn't seeking the approval from a random internet commenter when I marched, and I doubt the millions of others out there did either. Sorry if that frustrates you.

By using the P word it's ok? What is a Trump supporter wrote this, the outrage would be immense.

The hypocrisy on your end is not only laughable but sad.

Donald Trump said the P word and people like you were besides themselves but a protester marching with a sign that said the same word is ok. IF you're trying to make a point, why stoop low like the guy you criticized.

What did Michelle Obama say when they go low we go high?

Nothing will happen to women reproductive system. This march is nothing but a ruse created by the MSM to rise up against the man himself.

You have the right to protest on anything you want, just exploring the hypocrisy.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
People have every right to protest
Where thee hell did I even hint that anyone, much these women, had no right to protest. Hmmmm????
Geez! You don't have the intellectual honesty to hold a discussion, much less describe what these women are protesting about. Instead you just troll here, post after post. What are these women protesting Trump for, when he had not spent one single, solitary second as president.
Intellectual honesty? You said this:
Quote:
Your list of grievances against a president Trump is blank
which means that you either ignored, or didn't read the numerous posts by people who explained what issues they are concerned about, or you are trolling.

I do not have to wait until "a President Trump" passes laws that I consider harmful or dangerous before I speak out against his policies, or his lack of honesty and integrity. I'm 70 I have lived through a lot of crappy Presidents, but I don't recall a single one of them claiming it wasn't raining when hundreds of thousands of people can attest that it was. That is so bizarre that if I was writing a novel the editor would tell me to take it out because it was too crazy. If he didn't do anything else, that is enough for me to make me go out on a cold day with my bad knees and stand in solidarity with others who are deeply concerned about this self aggrandizing narcissist

Old 01-23-2017, 03:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Shouldn't have taken the March on Washington in 1963 for people to make/get the point that blacks should have similar rights to whites, but such is life in the U.S. of A.

I don't think that it took the march this past weekend for women to realize that they can/should run for office.
I do, however, think that the election and months of mobilization were a catalyst for many.
I also think that it made perfect sense to hold the seminar to coincide with people already planning to be in DC.

Strike while the iron is hot and all that.
Yep, why interrupt a chance to bit#h and to get together for a good cry...

Now y'all wipe your tears away and go home feeling good that you got your point across......The point that you've got NO CLUE what there is to be so wound up about other than Hillary lost.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:25 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
LOL, why is it the people who "don't know" why millions protested are the ones screaming the loudest about it?

Old 01-23-2017, 03:25 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, why interrupt a chance to bit#h and to get together for a good cry...

Now y'all wipe your tears away and go home feeling good that you got your point across......The point that you've got NO CLUE what there is to be so wound up about other than Hillary lost.
Attitudes like this are what fueled the women's movement to begin with, and it will be what fuels it going forward. Keep it up, all you threatened Neanderthals on this thread. You do more to advance women's issues than you know.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I read people with common sense trying to explain to tge crazy ones what the march is about or why is valid. I see people writing long posts explaining with patience and clarity the issues women have to go through. Ask yourselves: WHO are you explaining this to? WHO are these people?

This people get ENRAGED about one pacific march enough to come to a public forum and protest about it. They hate women so much and hate that we are united and rising so much, that they turn red and spill all their ignorance and violence in a forum. You know who are these people? They are OLD MEN YELLING AT CLOUD

Maybe not today, maybe not next week, but somewhere, soon enough, some daughter, grandaughter, niece, girlfriend or wife, will inform this people that the world is changing and there is no more room for people like them.

They will be (if they are not already) the old grumpy person complaining about women, hating alone, in a corner of a lonely house, in front of a tv or a phone, complaining about how the world has changed and how everything sucks now. Theyll complain in a forum cause no one would want to be around them in real life. They are extinguishing. They will stop existing soon.

Meanwhile, women are rising everywhere, sensible men, gay people, black people, lgtb, and have been rising way before this clown got elected.

WOMEN
ARE
TAKING
THE
STREETS
EVERYWHERE

and you are a sad pathetic lonely loser. Never forget that.
GOOD! <bold> Then maybe y'all should CLEAN THEM UP as you leave unlike what was done after the marches...
As for a "pacific" march, are you talking only about a "pacific" march and not the "Atlantic" one?

Old 01-23-2017, 03:31 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
GOOD! <bold> Then maybe y'all should CLEAN THEM UP as you leave unlike what was done after the marches...
As for a "pacific" march, are you talking only about a "pacific" march and not the "Atlantic" one?
Lol, YOU clean them up you ridiculous caveman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies