Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Are you little minds sure that this march isn't protesting ole Billy Clinton and not Sir Donald ? After all, HE'S the guy that molested all those women.
Nope. He had affairs with consenting adult women. A bit of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
Liberals are very good at organizing protests ... If only the GOP could tap into the funding sources so they too could charter buses and planes to get protesters there...
LOL. How much cash would it take to pay half a million women?

But we DO know that James O'Keefe was seen on video trying to entice people to riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Chicago is expecting more than 50,000 women.

It's highly organized and permitted, with defined start and end times.

Capacity on suburban and city transportation has been increased to accommodate.

A group from my neighborhood, who voted for Trump, left early this morning.
My son and friends are marching with their friends. Wish I was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Trump has never assaulted anyone. He was referring to women who "threw themselves" at him like rock band groupies. Bill on the other hand is an actual sexual predator who has raped multiple women. He was even deported from England for raping a woman while attending Oxford and lost his Rhodes Scholarship that he used to dodge the Vietnam draft.
Sorry, no. "Grab 'em by the Pu$$y" is NOT referring to 'women who threw themselves at him'. You hear only what you want to hear.

Go ahead and tell us how many times Clinton was charged with rape. ZERO.

Go ahead and call out Trump for avoiding the draft five times due to a 'bone spur".

Go ahead and call out Trump for insulting those who died in Vietnam by saying that his avoiding an STD was 'his own personal Vietnam".

Your post is filled with lies.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:15 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?
I don't think they are protesting so much against the election at this point--as you said, it's a done deal. He is President.

I think they are sending a message that his views of women are not going to be tolerated, or at least the way he speaks of them. You can't change someone's views, but you can try to get them to change his behavior. If he's smart, he will try to tone it down. The p-grabber statement was not some one-off thing. Those of us in the NY business world have heard stories like that about Donald Trump for years--that's just who he is and how he talks about women.

It was no shock when the p-grabber tape leaked. THAT IS DONALD TRUMP.

Now, it didn't bother me much personally maybe because I was once married to a longshoreman and I worked in the construction industry most of my life. I don't blush or shock easily.

But there are lots of women who have suffered sexual abuse--almost every woman I know has experienced some unwanted violation of their sexuality at some point, in varying degrees, and their reaction is just as valid as my non-reaction.

Donald Trump's a pig when it comes to how he speaks about women. That's not an opinion. It's simply part of who the man is who just became our President. The people elected him despite the fact that he's a pig because other issues overshadowed that for them. But for many women, the piggy part is a big deal, and they are letting the President know how they feel about it. This is America. They're allowed to have their say.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-21-2017 at 10:32 AM..

Old 01-21-2017, 10:16 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There, I fixed it for you.
No, you didn't fix anything. You are just crying sourgrapes. If Hillary had won by that very same "flawed" electoral college, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Please.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:18 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Not only marching against Trump.
Marching for women's choice, marching for equal pay, marching for keeping families together, marching for affordable health care for all.
Stay safe ladies. Be peaceful. Make us proud.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:18 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
When you have a complete lunatic like Elizabeth Warren speaking for you and mischaracterizing the truth you look foolish and incompetent.

You have to do more than just believe and complain about false innuendos that are promoted by some goofy liberals.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nope. He had affairs with consenting adult women. A bit of a difference.

LOL. How much cash would it take to pay half a million women?

But we DO know that James O'Keefe was seen on video trying to entice people to riot.

My son and friends are marching with their friends. Wish I was there.

Sorry, no. "Grab 'em by the Pu$$y" is NOT referring to 'women who threw themselves at him'. You hear only what you want to hear.

Go ahead and tell us how many times Clinton was charged with rape. ZERO.

Go ahead and call out Trump for avoiding the draft five times due to a 'bone spur".

Go ahead and call out Trump for insulting those who died in Vietnam by saying that his avoiding an STD was 'his own personal Vietnam".

Your post is filled with lies.
Well, all I can say is all those tw#ts out protesting will do NOTHING to change what is. You want to do something positive?
Get rid of Lycra and Spandex for anyone over size 18. THAT would be a community service if I ever saw one!

Last edited by jimj; 01-21-2017 at 10:32 AM..

Old 01-21-2017, 10:23 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
When you have a complete lunatic like Elizabeth Warren speaking for you and mischaracterizing the truth you look foolish and incompetent.

You have to do more than just believe and complain about false innuendos that are promoted by some goofy liberals.

LOL, more BS from the ignorant right!

This Trumps Trump!

EarthCam - National Mall Cam

Old 01-21-2017, 10:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, all I can say is all those ***** out protesting will do NOTHING to change what is. You want to do something positive?
Get rid of Lycra and Spandex for anyone over size 18. THAT would be a community service if I ever saw one!
Fascinating contribution.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Women being seen. Women being heard.

Paris, France
Berlin, Germany
Sydney, Australia
Nairobi, Kenya

Our President is bringing people together all across the world.

Lot's of different agendas, here.

Seems the point is to be seen by Trump.

No telling if this is a one time thing or a start of a movement.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
These women aren't "being victims."
They are doing something expressly because they don't like the way things are.
Exactly the same as MLK's March on Washington in the 1960s.

Change begins with people expressing their displeasure at the way things are.
This gathering is exactly what is needed to mobilize many at the local level.
If our representatives think that they can now run roughshod over the advances that have been made with regard to access to womens' health care, etc. they will be sorely surprised in 2018.

All one has to do is look at the difference in turn-out today vs. yesterday to see how the wind will be blowing.
Gerrymandered districts and an archaic electoral system does not a mandate make.
If it were not for protests.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies