Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 04:40 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,722,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
In for my daily libs meltdown dose. Love it!
That's not a melt-down. That's an articulate and educated and passionate human being who hasn't lost his/her soul to cynicism.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:40 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,890,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Just got back from the enormous march in NYC which is still going on. Considerably larger than the inaguarable attendance, as I understand it. I'm sure Trump's tiny hands will take to twitter soon spreading fake news about his yuuuuuge crowds. Well guess what? Cameras don't lie.

The message the world is sending: Trump is prez, not king. And he can expect a huge fight if he starts to act like one. So get used to it.
He will soon try to do so from the White House Briefing Room.

EDIT: misread Twitter. It was a quote from him, not a tweet from him.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:43 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,218,797 times
I hope they clean up after themselves

Old 01-21-2017, 04:45 PM

26,784 posts, read 15,026,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, good grief, Bill Clinton was more likely watching Donald Trump - his disapproving expression makes this far more likely. You cannot tell what he was watching from this video - Melania appears no where in it. The relevant part of the video is around twenty seconds long, and has no context whatsoever.

Good way to dredge up issues that are long dispensed with by using smear tactics and dubious accusations. Keep it classy, folks.

Tell me, has anyone heard of any validated accounts of Clinton straying since the Lewinski affair? It's said on good authority that he received intensive therapy and fully examined his dysfunctional childhood and resulting attitudes and behavior towards women, and having gained insight, realized his marriage was one of the most valuable things in his life, and changed his previous reprehensible womanizing ways.

As for the hats and their wearers, aren't they protesting Trump's misogyny and stereotyping of women as helpless sex objects for his selfish enjoyment, rather than protesting his election (questionable though it is...)?

I thought the hats were rather clever, actually...

You don't read facial expressions very well I see.

That was a "sizing up" expression with the eyes giving an indication of approval.

Easy call.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:47 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,972,758 times
Question What happened at the women's march and what was the consensus on the message?

There were so many themes and different messages throughout the day, the frantic democratic organization skills were on full display.

Without any organization, there was no actual march. The Hollywood democrats each got some microphone time to insult using lewd and profanity that would make sailors blush. Trying to message women's protection, equal pay, indignation over the recent political process with some violence thrown in resulted in chaos in river city. Lots of attendees took to social media to try separating themselves from the more than dozen confusing and often vulgar messages.

Women's March on Washington brings thousands of protesters | Daily Mail Online

Word of the day was: confusion. Women who made the journey to share flowers while strolling through Washington D.C. were shocked that Hollywood liberals monopolized the event before the hostility of the protesters began.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 PM

1,529 posts, read 908,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Pshhh. Get back in your kitchen and make your man some supper.
Great comment!

After supper, clear the kitchen, put the kids to bed and seduce your husband, boyfriend or next door neighbor.

Just kidding, just kidding.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:49 PM

1,930 posts, read 1,816,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, good grief, Bill Clinton was more likely watching Donald Trump - his disapproving expression makes this far more likely. You cannot tell what he was watching from this video - Melania appears no where in it. The relevant part of the video is around twenty seconds long, and has no context whatsoever.

Good way to dredge up issues that are long dispensed with by using smear tactics and dubious accusations. Keep it classy, folks.

Tell me, has anyone heard of any validated accounts of Clinton straying since the Lewinski affair? It's said on good authority that he received intensive therapy and fully examined his dysfunctional childhood and resulting attitudes and behavior towards women, and having gained insight, realized his marriage was one of the most valuable things in his life, and changed his previous reprehensible womanizing ways.

As for the hats and their wearers, aren't they protesting Trump's misogyny and stereotyping of women as helpless sex objects for his selfish enjoyment, rather than protesting his election (questionable though it is...)?

I thought the hats were rather clever, actually...
Thank you Craig for this post. I am ordering hats for my female family members.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,678,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
And how exactly is Trump against women???????? That's the big elephant in the room.
When it comes right down to it, these protestors are just having a tantrum because their candidate (with two X chromosomes) lost. Time to cry.
I wasn't crazy about Hillary either. And I can assure you, had any other republican candidate won, there wouldn't be these protests. Trump is the antithesis of what is good and decent in this country. Did you hear his CIA speech today? It was all about HIM. There are no tantrums, my friend, just regular ordinary people who don't want to see the results of having a narcissistic bloviator as leader of the free world and treating this country like his latest business acquisition.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:55 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,678,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Funny,... Where were the marches when old Billy Boy was doing his thing??? EXACTLY...

Its all blind hate towards Trump and is totally unwarranted
It's not about Trump. It's about what Trump stands for. A rose by any other name . . .

Old 01-21-2017, 04:55 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,950,884 times
I listened to some of the interviews of the ladies to find out what they were asking for.

I understand they don't like Trump. I do get that. One organization they cut from their march also didn't like Trump, but they were a pro life group, so that tells me only women who supported abortions and hate Trump were allowed.

From the interviews, and I'll quote one, they basically want to continue the policies Obama put in place over the last 8 years.

They promised fact-checking, vigilance and diligence. Good.

While they are marching in Washington, threatening to "burn down the White House," (Madonna), there are MILLIONS of women who are silently working hard for their families, holding down jobs, running businesses, paying through the nose for some of the policies of the last 8 years, financially supporting causes for women and children in other nations, who also are fact-checking, being vigilant and diligent. And they're not going back either.

Is it only "good" girl power if you support abortions, hate Trump and want to continue failed political policies that are dying on the vine all by themselves such as Obamacare?

One precious little girl held up a sign, "One day I'm going to be President." Yes you will little sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies