Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 08:51 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times

Advertisements

I saw all the news of the Marches and even women marching on the streets in my city. They were peaceful, I even waved to some and yelled "Trump!", whom I support 100%.

But, I still wonder why are these people (there were men too) marching? What is their goal? What are they protesting?
I cannot find much that Trump has done to take away women's rights?

If it is against Trump supporting the Right to Life/ being against abortion and defunding Planned Parenthood (I hope this happens soon).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 08:52 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
A basic Google search for any news media not named Fox News, Brietbart, InfoWars, etc. will give you all the information you desire.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:54 AM

I only trust a few News Channels (most are liars), I only look at Fox news and my local channel, nor do I believe much of what I read on the internet.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:01 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
It is about the woman's to choose and your obligation to pay.

They must choose whether they wish to become pregnant or not. If they choose birth control we all should pay for it. I am not sure why.
If they become pregnant they must choose whether to abort or carry to full term. We all should pay for their abortions, although I am not sure why.
If they choose to have the child then we all should pay for the medical expenses. But that applies particularly if the woman has chosen not to have medical insurance. I am not sure why.
If the woman is not married and has very little income of her own, then we must pay for rearing the child. This rule applies whether or not she is living with her millionaire boyfriend since only her income is counted. Again, I am not sure why.

As you can see, the whole thing is very confusing to me. Maybe someone around here can explain it.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:06 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,848 times
I heard that so many already had pre-paid hotel reservations in D.C. in anticipation of Hillary's sure-bet inauguration that they needed an excuse to go to D.C. and use what they already paid for

Old 01-23-2017, 09:08 AM

The marches were a real waste of time for nothing in my opinion, but I wanted to hear if there really was anything of substance they were marching about....

Old 01-23-2017, 09:10 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
You don't know what they were about, but they were a "waste of time"? LOL, okay then.

Is starting a thread about it a good use of your time?

Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
You don't know what they were about, but they were a "waste of time"? LOL, okay then.

Is starting a thread about it a good use of your time?
Considering there are at least three or four other threads about it, I'd say NO.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
They are protesting the letter R. That is all.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:14 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by listener2307 View Post
it is about the woman's to choose and your obligation to pay.

They must choose whether they wish to become pregnant or not. If they choose birth control we all should pay for it. I am not sure why.
If they become pregnant they must choose whether to abort or carry to full term. We all should pay for their abortions, although i am not sure why.
If they choose to have the child then we all should pay for the medical expenses. But that applies particularly if the woman has chosen not to have medical insurance. I am not sure why.
If the woman is not married and has very little income of her own, then we must pay for rearing the child. This rule applies whether or not she is living with her millionaire boyfriend since only her income is counted. Again, i am not sure why.

As you can see, the whole thing is very confusing to me. Maybe someone around here can explain it.
this!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies