Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 07:41 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Er, you realize many of these people have no memory of even living outside the United States, right?

Are you seriously asking how it would be harmful to someone to be forced out of their home, forced out of their job, cut off from everything they've ever known, and dropped into a foreign country where they don't know anyone and don't speak the language?

Seriously?

How disgustingly hateful and callous can you be?

As for Trump, I believe that he hates them exactly as much as is required to keep his loyalists worshiping him.

So what? I'm sure many of them still have relatives back in their homelands and have been taught the culture and language of their homelands by their parents. Kids often have to move with their parents due to new jobs, etc. It's not traumatizing.

They are here illegally. What part of that don't you get? American law breakers are forced out of their homes and set to jail or prison aren't they?

Seriously? How un-American is it not to support the enforcement of our immigration laws. There is nothing hateful and callous about wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced. It's a slap in the face to those who came here the right way.

What would you do with their parents then? Wouldn't want to separate these kids from their parents, would you or are you suggesting that they get to remain also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 07:42 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Weak argument ! What if your ancestors had been turned away and sent back to their countries ? You would not be here now, enjoying this wonderful country of ours. Yeah, I know , you got yours, now let's shut the door so no one else can have the same opportunities we all had. Very selfish, don't you think ?

Maybe the American Indians should have built a wall and sent all the people who intruded on their land home. Think about that one for a minute.

Not a weak argument at all.

My maternal ancestors, who came here from Europe, had they been turned back, they would have gone back. You see, they came here in accordance with the laws at the time. How dare you compare that to illegal aliens. Illegals have no business being here. Period. You would have no business being in another country illegally either. You don't like immigration laws? Well too darn bad. Every country in the world has them. Why do you think that the US should be any different?

What is "very selfish" is that you are refusing to take in several so-called DREAMers into your home and paying for their immigration lawyers. I know that you aren't doing that because you avoided addressing that part of my post. Put your money where your mouth is.

As for the rest of my ancestors---some of them were American Indians. Some came with Columbus. Others came on slave ships. Name one country that was never invaded by another country at some point in its history.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Er, you realize many of these people have no memory of even living outside the United States, right?

Are you seriously asking how it would be harmful to someone to be forced out of their home, forced out of their job, cut off from everything they've ever known, and dropped into a foreign country where they don't know anyone and don't speak the language?

Seriously?

How disgustingly hateful and callous can you be?

As for Trump, I believe that he hates them exactly as much as is required to keep his loyalists worshiping him.
Er...You realize that many of them have memories of being brought here illegally? What's that got to do with anything? If your parents brought you to, for example, Mexico when you were a kid, that wouldn't give you any right to live there.

Relax! These DREAMers would adapt very nicely. I'm sure that they all know Spanish so going to back to their own country wouldn't be such a burden.

If it makes you feel better, you can move several into your home and pay for their immigration lawyers.

I don't worship Trump. Did you worship Obama and Hillary?

Old 02-18-2017, 09:35 PM

856 posts, read 704,783 times
We have $20 trillion in debt, the reality is we can't afford to spend $140 billion throwing out 12-15 million people. If we catch someone committing a second crime who is here illegally, we should deport them in my opinion. But to deport 12-15 million illegals is fiscally irresponsible and logistically a waste of time because most of them aren't dangerous. We should have a pathway to legalized status.

Now, with that said, we shouldn't be subsidizing illegal behavior. The children of those here illegally shouldn't be getting a free college education or welfare benefits that they give to their parents.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
I heard him say the exact same thing followed by 'but the laws are tough.'

Old 02-18-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
We have $20 trillion in debt, the reality is we can't afford to spend $140 billion throwing out 12-15 million people. If we catch someone committing a second crime who is here illegally, we should deport them in my opinion. But to deport 12-15 million illegals is fiscally irresponsible and logistically a waste of time because most of them aren't dangerous. We should have a pathway to legalized status.

Now, with that said, we shouldn't be subsidizing illegal behavior. The children of those here illegally shouldn't be getting a free college education or welfare benefits that they give to their parents.
You need to learn how much illegals cost us on an annual basis. No one is talking about rounding up illegals. There are ways to make life so tough for them that they will leave on their own accord.

State Cost Studies | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Old 02-19-2017, 08:48 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post

You must be speaking of rounding them all up en masse. That's not the plan but even if it were it would still be cheaper to deport them than the $113 billion they cost us each and every year. Do the math!

Just because they aren't all dangerous criminals doesn't mean they shouldn't be deported. Just being in this country illegally makes you deportable. How many have committed ID theft which is a felony. Just because that isn't a violent crime we should leave them alone? They should be given a path to legalization for that? Are you kidding me? How are Americans going to get their jobs back if they are allowed to remain here and retain those jobs? Legalizing them would negate our sane annual quotas for legal immigration for years to come and would be a slap in the face to those who came here the right way. No more amnesties for any of them!

Old 02-22-2017, 03:39 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-spa...022615102.html

Dreamers spared

Old 02-22-2017, 03:47 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
He's wrong-his supporters do want to hurt those kids.

Most of us agree with President Trump tho, we don"t want to hurt them. On the contrary we want to help them.
That is BS. those Illegal parents and Kids have to be deported to reset out Immigration Laws and send a message that Illegal Immigration in the US will not be tolerated.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:50 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure his statement will be disappointing to some who expected him to be all fire and brimstone against all illegal/legal immigrants.

Yet, it shows that inside, Trump isn't the unfeeling and bigoted demon some portray him to be.

On immigrant Dreamers, Trump tells top senator: 'We don't want to hurt those kids' - LA Times
whoa there.

Trump saying he does not want to hurt kids while moving forward on mass deportation and planning to hire 10,000 ICE agents to ensure he can follow up on that. tens of thousands of children will be hurt, he knows this , you know this , we all know this. But as long as he eases your conscience with a few well placed words from his "heart"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies