Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 11:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
OOOOOOOhhhh my, I'm about to swoon with the vapors because someone didn't pander and cow-tow to the delicate feelings of the liberal loons.
His speech was short and to the point unlike the rambling, bumbling um,ah,um,um, "Me,me,me,I,I,I,I,I,me,me,me, I,I,I, of the last 8 years.

Better get used to getting right to it instead of dancing around P.C. talk...

It's sad to see how many people seem incapable of understanding (and why so many get taken) that talk being 'non PC' is no guarantee of it being anything other than 'non PC'. There are no doubt at least as many grifters and con-men speaking 'non PC' as those who are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 11:18 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No. My feeling Trump's speech was anger. How dare he use this most solemn moment to disparage our country?

American CARNAGE? Crime? Urban decay?

What a disgustingly inaccurate portrayal of the state of the United States! Our cities are gentrifying and redeveloping at a very fast rate, CRIME IS WAY DOWN from historic highs for the most part and as far as 'CARNAGE'- he needs to st.fu

He ruined what could have been a great talk and shat all over it with the sort of false hate talk that will not sit well with the majority of Americans.

I was actually looking forward to hearing a contrite, conciliatory call for unity by our president.

Instead I got a Hitler-esque indictment on this 'small elite' group of DC insiders he claims have been keeping everyone else down-what a pile of horsesh*t. He is a part of that small elite!

You people fell under the spell of his rhetoric but you dont look at how his lived his damn life.

And now here we are.
That's exactly what I thought. And his voters are so blinded by, what, I don't even know, that they refuse to see what a repulsive person he is: anti woman, anti minorities, anti LGBT, anti anything that isn't a clone of himself. I see history repeating itself and I don't think I'm overreacting.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:19 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
No. My feeling Trump's speech was anger. How dare he use this most solemn moment to disparage our country?

American CARNAGE? Crime? Urban decay?

What a disgustingly inaccurate portrayal of the state of the United States! Our cities are gentrifying and redeveloping at a very fast rate, CRIME IS WAY DOWN from historic highs for the most part and as far as 'CARNAGE'- he needs to st.fu

He ruined what could have been a great talk and shat all over it with the sort of false hate talk that will not sit well with the majority of Americans.

I was actually looking forward to hearing a contrite, conciliatory call for unity by our president.

Instead I got a Hitler-esque indictment on this 'small elite' group of DC insiders he claims have been keeping everyone else down-what a pile of horsesh*t. He is a part of that small elite!

You people fell under the spell of his rhetoric but you dont look at how his lived his damn life.

And now here we are.
The liberal story is that cities have gentrified rapidly .

In reality this is not true .

Even in L.A and NYC tons of areas are not gentrified .
In Boyle Heights in L.A the leftist Maoist ( yes they call themselves that ) are fighting gentrification and "white businesses " . Boyle Heights is one example South la is horrible too with lots of crime , many parts of the valley too.
In New York even parts of Manhattan are still not gentrified .
And things are even worse in Detroit and Chicago and many other cities .
4000 shootings in Chicago , Obamas hometown .. and we are supposed to be happy ?

Also a lot of the reason cities don't gentrify fast enough is liberal policies like rent control.

You say you live in Piedmont .. I've been there nice area . You go to Oakland nearby a lot of it is still pretty rough .

Last edited by jm1982; 01-21-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 01-21-2017, 11:20 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
THE HORRORS OF WITHDRAWAL
Those afflicted with the social and addictive disease of envyitis and grabbee syndrome fear the consequences of a sudden break in their dosage.
It’s enough to make them go mad... mad ... MAD!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
THE HORRORS OF WITHDRAWAL
Those afflicted with the social and addictive disease of envyitis and grabbee syndrome fear the consequences of a sudden break in their dosage.
It’s enough to make them go mad... mad ... MAD!
Yes they worry that the gravy train will be over

Old 01-21-2017, 11:28 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

If you thought that speech was uplifting and unifying, you could not be more wrong. It was hateful and simply more of Donald Trump thinking he is above it all and does not need to answer to anyone but himself.

He is wrong.
Agreed.

Trump supporters hear what they want to hear, which isn't exactly reality.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:38 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes they worry that the gravy train will be over

If only we could say the same about Congress.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:44 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
BRAVO Chicago Tribune-- the best article on Trump's speech yet-- the forgotten man.
They get it.

President Trump and the forgotten man - Chicago Tribune

Old 01-21-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
BRAVO Chicago Tribune-- the best article on Trump's speech yet-- the forgotten man.
They get it.

President Trump and the forgotten man - Chicago Tribune
Good article
"

Predictably, the left hated his speech. They love the working-class hero in the abstract, unless working-class heroes dare to support Trump. Then the left mocks them. The culture clash between liberal commentators and Trump voters has gotten so petty that I've even seen Trump voters mocked as fools for spelling mistakes.

They're not fools. They're not deplorable. They're hardworking Americans, people who sent their children to our wars, people who were pushed aside by our politics, slapped down by our economy and abused by Democrats, Republicans and the very elites who formed the establishment.

They were once the forgotten. But now their guy is president of the United States."

Old 01-21-2017, 12:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That was the exact feeling I had. I could almost hear the goosestepping boots and his raised fist was so reminiscent of another speech maker from our past.
Quote:
He sounded like a moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Trump supporters hear what they want to hear, which isn't exactly reality.
Obviously, none of you heard this, or can't wrap your brains around it:

"We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world, but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first.

We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example"

- President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

No wonder Bill Kristol and the Neo-Conservatives fought so hard trying to stop Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies