Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 12:04 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, they do have the right to do so and as long as they are peaceful AND clean up after themselves it's really no big deal.
Just like the Occupy movement this will burn out fairly fast especially if things keep getting better. Oh sure, you're going to have the loony leftists constantly protesting one thing or another but the masses?
Nope.

When/if actual full time jobs start showing up en masse instead of the part time service jobs that we've gotten over the last 8 years, wages go up and people see that the world isn't going to stop spinning all these women will go back to worrying about the stuff that got their panties in a bunch and wound 'em up last year and the year before...
The problem is that the democrats in Washington, and the msm will never let up, and allow if to die down.

We are going to see this for as long as Trump is in office.

We've already seen more attacks against Trump even before taking office, than Obama faced his entire 8 years. I have no doubt that the attacks will rise to what is essentially a political coup by the establishment politicians, and the msm against Trump.

I do not fear what Trump is going to do in office, I fear the damage that will be done by those that will stop at nothing to stop Trump from wrestling power away from the establishment, and globalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Haha, I saw an interviewer asking the protestors who Trump's opponent was in the election. 4 out of 10 didn't know.

That is the caliber of "protester" you have out there. They didn't even know that Hillary was the one who lost.

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Partisan politics is a major problem for our country. We see it on both sides, but the democrats have taken to a whole new level that we've never seen before. It's quite frankly very scary how far the left has taken it already, and as the op mentioned, Trump hasn't even been given an opportunity to govern yet.

ETA: Perfect examples in the replies above my post.
WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Democrats taking it to a new level? Yeah, right.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Partisan politics is a major problem for our country. We see it on both sides, but the democrats have taken to a whole new level that we've never seen before. It's quite frankly very scary how far the left has taken it already, and as the op mentioned, Trump hasn't even been given an opportunity to govern yet.

Why - it's as if you don't remember the tea party starting up in the first days after Obama took office - and actually breaking up town hall meetings with their screaming...or spitting in the face of John Lewis.

I think the only big difference here is that MILLIONS are taking to the streets today.
Heck, here in "Trumpland" of Sarasota Florida I just saw the biggest crowd I ever saw on a local march.

This is what America is about. 40% of Americans approve of Trump - that means 60% do not.

AND, given the people he has insulted and put down (everyone?), I think people are more fired up than if he were an unpopular normal human being (GW Bush, etc).

No one is going to forget what Trump said and did. Bringing genital size in the POTUS debates is not something that history will forget.

Get over it. People are sane and this new POTUS may not be.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Don't worry, OP. Trump will be whining about HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people who have hurt his little feelings soon enough. It will help relieve his stress at being called out by HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people (men, woman and children) who know he's a dangerous fool.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:08 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
it will be interesting to see if trump acknowledges the protests.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:08 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,661,496 times
Quote:

Several years ago, and I do mean several years (more than a decade and a half), I quite strongly identified as a Republican.

On this very message board, there are posts written by me (around 2008) that very clearly carry strong Republican overtones.

The problem is not partisanship. The problem is that the Republican party dropped people like me and became what I can only describe as insane.

I did not change. Republican politicians abandoned me.

I need Republicans to stop saying, in public, things I can only describe as literally insane. Psychotic. Things that make no sense and have no place in an educated, modern society.

But the further right they move, the more they dig their heels in when people point out this craziness.

That is a toxic cycle to be sure, but it is not a product of partisan politics. I can no longer tell the difference between Republican politicians and the homeless guy on the steps of the Capitol who says that God is talking to him.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Eh. With each president the ante gets upped. The hate-a-thon has been spiraling down for decades, neither side gets to claim the moral high ground with this.

Plus, Trump ran as the guy not afraid to **** everyone off. Of course he's going to get some of that anger back.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:12 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Can someone please tell me what this is constructively accomplishing? And also its just more reasons for people to loot and destroy businesses as the results show. . So much for "peaceful"

Old 01-21-2017, 12:14 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why - it's as if you don't remember the tea party starting up in the first days after Obama took office - and actually breaking up town hall meetings with their screaming...or spitting in the face of John Lewis.

I think the only big difference here is that MILLIONS are taking to the streets today.
Heck, here in "Trumpland" of Sarasota Florida I just saw the biggest crowd I ever saw on a local march.

This is what America is about. 40% of Americans approve of Trump - that means 60% do not.

AND, given the people he has insulted and put down (everyone?), I think people are more fired up than if he were an unpopular normal human being (GW Bush, etc).

No one is going to forget what Trump said and did. Bringing genital size in the POTUS debates is not something that history will forget.

Get over it. People are sane and this new POTUS may not be.
This.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies