Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwman2830 View Post
Did you listen in media what he said about immigration, building the wall on the Mexican border and women when he was running for the president? This is what people are protesting against.

Also he elected Pence for VP and some people are already familiar with his legacy in Indiana as the former governor.

Yeah he wants LEGAL immigration only. How radicals

Women can pay for their own abortions. Also millions of women are pro life. This is not specific to only Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 12:50 PM

800 posts, read 508,516 times
To all the far left liberal snowflakes in massive groups and protests it may seem to them like they somehow have a majority or enough political power to change something in their big "powerful" gatherings, but as it stands now, they don't. At all.

They may be shoulder to shoulder in "solidarity" in their yuge misguided mob but they as a whole don't realize that the conservative third and middle third of America aren't on board. The more coverage they get acting and looking like whiny children the more it will turn off the rest of us and hurt their chances in the next election.

Do they have a right to protest? Certainly, as long as its peaceful. But we also have the right to think less of them for their "reasons", and believe me, we are very much exercizing that right!! And to protest SO much before Trump even does anything just shows how closed minded and unreasonable they are.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Several years ago, and I do mean several years (more than a decade and a half), I quite strongly identified as a Republican.

On this very message board, there are posts written by me (around 2008) that very clearly carry strong Republican overtones.

The problem is not partisanship. The problem is that the Republican party dropped people like me and became what I can only describe as insane.

I did not change. Republican politicians abandoned me.

I need Republicans to stop saying, in public, things I can only describe as literally insane. Psychotic. Things that make no sense and have no place in an educated, modern society.

But the further right they move, the more they dig their heels in when people point out this craziness.

That is a toxic cycle to be sure, but it is not a product of partisan politics. I can no longer tell the difference between Republican politicians and the homeless guy on the steps of the Capitol who says that God is talking to him.
Great post.

I really don't ID with a political party - although I am certain that the actual goals and accomplishments of the left (civil rights, women's right, consumer protection, environmentalism, etc.) are in keeping with my view.

But I am a Perot...and Nader....voter -

People who would look at me from the outside....well to do business owner, family man, etc. would think I'd be a conservative. What they don't know if that history has been my hobby since I was 9 years old. It's impossible to know history and be a "modern" conservative (in the sense of nationalism, know-nothing, etc.)....

Live and let live. I was in DC when I was 19 protesting the Vietnam War. I can't say I knew the political situation and - yes - LBJ was as guilty as anyone. Still, I knew it was wrong.

And I know the current GOP wishes....getting rid of the ACA, defunding planned parenthood, failing to raise taxes to cover the budget, bringing religion into government, etc....is wrong.

Wrong is wrong and I sincerely hope enough people hit the streets over the next years to do something about it.

All that said - and I shudder to say this - Trump has some of the correct talking points (infrastructure, manufacturing, etc.). Problem is he has no capability of achieving them - he is simply a populist and demagogue saying things people want to hear.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Do they have a right to protest? Certainly, as long as its peaceful. But we also have the right to think less of them for their "reasons", and believe me, we are very much exercizing that right!! And to protest SO much before Trump even does anything just shows how closed minded and unreasonable they are.
I'm glad you accept us because the alternative is scary.

Oh, and BTW, you have an interesting take on "before Trump does anything"....as if you think appointing vast numbers of Wall Street BILLIONAIRES and Fossil Fuel Kings to our governments means we are taking it back "for the people".

Surely you understand that if you want to drain the swamp you don't appoint the alligators to be in charge....

Old 01-21-2017, 01:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Bunch of blind hating from the liberal lug nuts before the guy is even in the job. Can't the guy at least Govern for say.. 6 months at least before you start marching in the streets like retarded buffoons?
Uh, the man chose to put himself in the public eye more than 35 years ago and owns everything he's said/done in the public eye. Spend a little time researching more of hos history than his feel-good sound bite speeches and you'll find no lack of qualities many would prefer not seeing in a POTUS.

Personally, I find it sad to have a CinC who has so little respect for history and so little compassion/empathy for the tens of thousands badly affected by a useless war of choice that he's likened his 'battles' to avoid getting the clap with service in that war.

To paraphrase Harry Truman, If he can't stand the heat he should've stayed out of the damn kitchen!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:05 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Much of this is the hate these groups built up and their own miss information. I like to see them in 1 year from now when the economy is going forward!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:11 PM

263 posts, read 234,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Yeah he wants LEGAL immigration only. How radicals

Women can pay for their own abortions. Also millions of women are pro life. This is not specific to only Trump
He wants to end DACA. Many people know it is not kid's fault when their parents brought them to the U.S and they grew up to be Americans.

PP is not just about abortions. Women will also loose coverage to contraception. The U.S. has one of the highest teen pregnancies in the world.

And if abortion is killing unborn life then how was it ok to send American soldiers to Iraq to die in the war for oil? Abortions are restricted to first few weeks. Women already put themselves at health risk when deciding for abortion, they already pay the price. Religion, tells it is a sin to spill semen on ground in the Old Testament since it is wasting seed.

You can turn it any way you want but the truth is more about retaining or retaking male domination over women and what they want to do with their bodies. You should watch movie Sexmission and see what be the world would be without men. That is the world where women can give birth without men thanks to parthenogenesis. How would you feel? This is how you make women feel by being against the Planned Parenthood.

Taxpayers money's waste are on pointless wars in the Middle East. That money could be spent better including for universal healthcare, including planned parenthood.

Last edited by nwman2830; 01-21-2017 at 01:20 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Much of this is the hate these groups built up and their own miss information. I like to see them in 1 year from now when the economy is going forward!
Uh, the economy is booming. Joblessness is at a 43 year low. Consumer confidence is high.

I stopped by the Sarasota Fl rally today - 10's of thousands....most ALL of them well-off, of course (Sarasota was ground central for Trump).

I didn't see a single person with bad teeth at the rally.

No, these people were not protesting their lack of money or jobs. They were protesting a lack of respect from the Don and policies which will turn us in the wrong direction.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:16 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
Bunch of blind hating from the liberal lug nuts before the guy is even in the job. Can't the guy at least Govern for say.. 6 months at least before you start marching in the streets like retarded buffoons?
Don't worry about him. The new loony narcissistic prez will somehow turn it around to be an adoration march for himself!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:20 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
naw, you can pretend it is one day, but he became PEOTUS nov 8th.....

he has had a long time to extend his hand in a MEANINGFUL way.

Yesterday he doubled on being a POS, he knows he does have a mandate, yet he stood there and lied, he stood there and misrepresented the state of this nation, he stood there and declare the world our enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies