Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times

Advertisements

Lifenews?

How about you post a legitimate article that doesn't come from a site that has an obvious agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 02:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
To anyone that claims the March was "pointless" I just want to say this:

A demonstration of the size and magnitude is not pointless. It captioned the headlines, the airwaves, the media, the internet all over the world these past two days.

Anyone making such a bogus and fatuous claim is merely expressing their own wishful thinking.

These voices were heard around the world. They cannot be ignored.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:50 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
The notion that saying you are "proud" of a female is radical and brings the haters

Only in city data

Old 01-24-2017, 04:33 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

A demonstration of the size and magnitude is not pointless. It captioned the headlines, the airwaves, the media, the internet all over the world these past two days.

Anyone making such a bogus and fatuous claim is merely expressing their own wishful thinking.

I agree with you, in one sense, but in another, it was still pointless at this point in time...however, maybe it accomplished one good thing, a reminder to Trump that he is in fact being watched by all of us?

Old 01-24-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
The notion that saying you are "proud" of a female is radical and brings the haters

Only in city data
I don't think a lot of these people are haters....I believe a lot of these people are afraid, misinformed and sick and tired of the government putting us last....they are sick and tired of their money being spent wrongly.

I think it's time we all grow up and stop classifying others who don't agree with us....

It would be to our benefit to listen and learn and ask people why they feel that way.

I voted for Obama in his first term, but did not vote for him in his second for many reasons.

I don't hate Obama, he had a lot of good things about him, but I also hated what he did to this country, that didn't mean I was a racist or any thing else, simply put, I didn't agree with him.

this business of affixing names to people who disagree is childish and accomplishes nothing.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:41 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:

Oh, believe me. They're not being ignored. The left is continuing to implode, this time by alienating their identity groups: Transgenders and Blacks

Women's March 'Dangerous Space' With 'Oppressive Message'

White Women Marched For Themselves At Women's March On Washington | Essence.com

Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:

A hundred years ago, similar things were said about the women who marched for the vote. They were called names, made fun of, assaulted, arrested... Guess what? Women got the vote.

Fifty years ago, women marched for equal rights. ERA didn't pass but a lot of other laws did. Women have it so much better now than they did fifty years ago.

We still have a long ways to go.

https://medium.com/@dinachka82/about...a6f#.l46v0bphg

But it starts with the march, with the realization that we are not alone.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:30 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
I find the GOP and their attack dogs on C-D have tried to make this march about one group only. My extended family, a diverse group, did not feel the way the GOP media is portraying the march. As always the new term alternate facts come into play. No answer from them as they do not understand the issues. Instead they try to make it about one thing and one thing only.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:17 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I find the GOP and their attack dogs on C-D have tried to make this march about one group only.
LOLing at you thinking it's "the GOP and their attack dogs."

Since when are transgenders and Blacks in the GOP tent? They're criticizing the temper tantrum march and its marchers as racist and bigoted:

Women's March 'Dangerous Space' With 'Oppressive Message'

White Women Marched For Themselves At Women's March On Washington | Essence.com

Old 01-24-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I find the GOP and their attack dogs on C-D have tried to make this march about one group only. My extended family, a diverse group, did not feel the way the GOP media is portraying the march. As always the new term alternate facts come into play. No answer from them as they do not understand the issues. Instead they try to make it about one thing and one thing only.
I'm an independent....?

Why must it always be someone's fault? Your reading opinions, are you going to allow their opinions to affect your virtues and insights?

Listen, I'll say this until I die....your never going to get people to agree with you, especially if you post in a forum...I'm sorry, but it will never happen, so what?

Everyone just feels it was way to soon to march, b/c Trump didn't do anything as of yet....
And it's ok to ask, "What rights are you losing"?

Its not that they don't understand the issues, they do, they simply feel differently about it.

Did you post this thread, to gain approval from everyone, or for a discussion.

You don't have to look for approval from anyone....

And discussing issues is how we all learn....so lighten up...believe me, other forums are extremely nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies