Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:40 PM

465 posts, read 303,751 times

Advertisements

If I'm a liberal, I'd be outraged. This is a chance to completely revamp the leadership and perception of this party. This is the golden opportunity to throw all of their support behind someone like Tulsi Gabbard or someone not dented by all the drama. Instead you have Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison consistently trying to start the "we have to fight back" movement and the media & liberal leadership tout them as the 2020 candidates. Is this the attitude that will win the 2020 election? I'll use Tulsi as an example but at least she's an attractive person who has an ethnic background with military experience and works with whatever situation we're dealing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 07:41 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
The guy doesn't deserve a chance. Unless he does a complete 180 he's already on the way to be one of the worst, most ill-prepared presidents we've ever had, not to mention a tantrum-prone business-scamming narcissist groper.

I mean, I say let the guy do his job. He did somehow win the election. But he has done nothing to deserve my respect.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
If I'm a liberal, I'd be outraged. This is a chance to completely revamp the leadership and perception of this party. This is the golden opportunity to throw all of their support behind someone like Tulsi Gabbard or someone not dented by all the drama. Instead you have Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison consistently trying to start the "we have to fight back" movement and the media & liberal leadership tout them as the 2020 candidates. Is this the attitude that will win the 2020 election? I'll use Tulsi as an example but at least she's an attractive person who has an ethnic background with military experience and works with whatever situation we're dealing with.
Why should liberals embrace policies they don't believe in? Why should we be asked to ignore the liar in Chief? He's POTUS, I get that but I do not have to sit back while he destroys this Nation and destroys this nation. He needs to act like an adult, not a petulant 10 year old. Why are you Trump supporters ignoring what is going on before your very eyes? He promised to help the middle class and within an hour of being sworn in he ends a cut in the FHA insurance rate, something that would help the people who voted for him? Today he signs executive orders that will have the effect of causing most if not all remaining insurers to withdraw from the marketplace without a word about a replacement plan which he promised. Doesn't any of this bother you?

Old 01-21-2017, 07:57 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm 56 years old. I've been a liberal leaning independent my entire life. I've voted for Republicans before (Governor of MA and others) although I have never voted for a Republican presidential candidate. I believe more in the democratic platform than the republican one.

But this election cycle IMO has brought out the worst in America. From the outset of campaigning right up until today, the "left" I am a part of has pushed the envelope and beyond of how not to act. From Trump supporters being physically assaulted, to the crying and whining about how bad of a person Trump is, to we're all doomed, to the violence in Washington on inauguration day, to today's protests (hopefully peaceful) around the country.

If the Republicans 8 years ago when Obama was first elected said they were going to do everything in their power to stymie Obama, that's an inside Washington political thing. I know 8 years ago the right was concerned about Obama being elected, but I don't recall such crap for almost a year by the people. WHo's dividing the nation at this moment? Trump? Nope. It's THE PEOPLE. A bunch of hypocrites who want one thing for this nation, but act out against in that which they believe. IMP the people have zero faith in the system (government) and instead believe Trump holds some sort of red button that can override the world.

I am NOT proud to call myself a liberal right now. I may feel like converting, but still believe the liberal side of government more. Do I believe in Trump like a true Trump supporter does? Absolutely not. I have my own opinions of him as a person, of his past in business, to the unknown abilities of him being president the next four years. I have my doubts, don't hold him in high esteem, know he lost the popular vote, think he's said some pretty bad things, but despite all of that he is POTUS. I stand for my country, and will watch what Trump does as POTUS, and not blindly protest the fact he's president. It's as if these protests are about his past, not his present of future.
I hear your pain and I understand how embarrassing your party has become and how a new leadership is needed to get civilization back in that party after the exposure of Donna Brazil, Debbie Wasserman and the Lodestar email embarrassment.

Of course we don't hold all Democrats responsible unless they ignore or defend the wrong doing of the party. If the Rep. Party would have send out emails like the Democrats did, than I would be appalled and say so.

I applaud your post.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:02 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tall traveler View Post
the left has been taught to hate the average joe american that gets married, keeps his wife, raises his kids with values, goes to church and tries to do what their religion teaches....

amen.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
You realize Tulsi Gabbard is in that group with Bernie and Ellison right??????

I have said before and I will say it again, as long as this argument is about perception, nothing will change.

You like Gabbard for the reasons you named, none of those reason are policy driven, they are all cosmetic.

Thank God we dont actually choose our leaders based on looks.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why should liberals embrace policies they don't believe in? Why should we be asked to ignore the liar in Chief? He's POTUS, I get that but I do not have to sit back while he destroys this Nation and destroys this nation. He needs to act like an adult, not a petulant 10 year old. Why are you Trump supporters ignoring what is going on before your very eyes? He promised to help the middle class and within an hour of being sworn in he ends a cut in the FHA insurance rate, something that would help the people who voted for him? Today he signs executive orders that will have the effect of causing most if not all remaining insurers to withdraw from the marketplace without a word about a replacement plan which he promised. Doesn't any of this bother you?
So I'm a Trump supporter because I hinted that I'm not a liberal? That's nice of you to just paint an accurate picture. No, the executive orders don't bother me. It's only been about a day into his appointment but I understand why liberals are all up in arms. They could care less about America prospering and would embrace America failing the next four years.

I don't expect you to like the guy at all but this is the type of crap why liberals self destruct. "He needs to act like an adult, not a petulant 10 year old" This is the political correct attitude that America got so sick of, this self righteous hollier than thou crap like every candidate needs to be the most well spoken elite graduate to the tee. You liberals will just go back to embracing your leaders who worship this entitled whiny attitude when you don't get your way. I wasn't a fan of Obama but I didn't take to the streets or whine on message boards when he got re-elected. I was sick to my stomach but I just sucked it up and went to work the next day.

But you know what, like I said if you guys back Tulsi Gabbard in 2020, she might get my vote. I like a lot of what she stands for and she listens to both parties even though she's liberal. (Kind of like DT and how he understands both sides) I have an open mind and will listen to all candidates regardless of which party. However the reason why I've never voted liberal is because you guys put up the most garbage candidates year after year.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

You like Gabbard for the reasons you named, none of those reason are policy driven, they are all cosmetic.

Thank God we dont actually choose our leaders based on looks.
I just threw that in there as a bonus but if you want to throw the sexist card out there, suit yourself. Obviously her points come first.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:12 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm 56 years old. I've been a liberal leaning independent my entire life. I've voted for Republicans before (Governor of MA and others) although I have never voted for a Republican presidential candidate. I believe more in the democratic platform than the republican one.

But this election cycle IMO has brought out the worst in America. From the outset of campaigning right up until today, the "left" I am a part of has pushed the envelope and beyond of how not to act. From Trump supporters being physically assaulted, to the crying and whining about how bad of a person Trump is, to we're all doomed, to the violence in Washington on inauguration day, to today's protests (hopefully peaceful) around the country.

If the Republicans 8 years ago when Obama was first elected said they were going to do everything in their power to stymie Obama, that's an inside Washington political thing. I know 8 years ago the right was concerned about Obama being elected, but I don't recall such crap for almost a year by the people. WHo's dividing the nation at this moment? Trump? Nope. It's THE PEOPLE. A bunch of hypocrites who want one thing for this nation, but act out against in that which they believe. IMP the people have zero faith in the system (government) and instead believe Trump holds some sort of red button that can override the world.

I am NOT proud to call myself a liberal right now. I may feel like converting, but still believe the liberal side of government more. Do I believe in Trump like a true Trump supporter does? Absolutely not. I have my own opinions of him as a person, of his past in business, to the unknown abilities of him being president the next four years. I have my doubts, don't hold him in high esteem, know he lost the popular vote, think he's said some pretty bad things, but despite all of that he is POTUS. I stand for my country, and will watch what Trump does as POTUS, and not blindly protest the fact he's president. It's as if these protests are about his past, not his present of future.
Unfortunately, the greatest indicator of future behavior is past behavior. He's already continuing in the same bombastic narcissistic vein he campaigned in. I'd give him a chance, but he hasn't given me a reason to.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:20 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,471 times
Good analysis OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies