Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:26 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,833,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. This has nothing to do with Hillary. This has to do with Trump's rhetoric and policies. We have a narcissist in office now, something we have never dealt with before. So far we have only seen Trump lashing out because his feelings got hurt. Everyone is wrong and he is right. He won't talk to the media because he says they lie. But if he gave press conferences, it would be live and no one could lie. But he doesn't want to do that.
Most objective observers would differ with this opinion...nice try though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 03:29 AM

18,457 posts, read 18,606,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Oh, stop trying to defend him. Either way, is that really okay for anyone to be saying?
Trump says what he thinks , and should count to ten at times...others did what they were thinking and that seems to be forgiven by some or forgotten what certains ex Presidents got up to.. in private of course.. but in the workplace ..

Old 01-22-2017, 03:32 AM

11,608 posts, read 5,653,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Oh, stop trying to defend him. Either way, is that really okay for anyone to be saying?
No it's not - but is it OK for Clinton to dog the women Bill slept with? To call someone who's worked all their lives and paid taxes - deplorables because we didn't support her? There are questionable statements on both sides but you concentrate on only one.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:43 AM

38,613 posts, read 26,267,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They are selfish and live by the maxim "greed is good". They may believe it or they may just think they have no other way of making a living. Take a hometown guy like Paul Ryan. What are his chances of making it big in life? A lowly rep for a few years? Now he's #3 and everyone wants him on their side.

I truly think the maxim "forgive them father for they know not what they do" applies. Republican policies have by and large created the "trickle down" America which is broken. The working man didn't outsource himself. The poor family didn't decide to raise the cost of health care so Romney, Frist and the others could make billions. The forgotten man didn't decide to waste 3-5 Trillion on wars or create the Great Recession from pure Wall Street driven greed.

So if the question is whether I think they are evil - the answer is an unqualified yes...they are. By their actions you shall know them.

Now - if they somehow got some sense knocked into their head and did things for the common people - like universal health care, doing away with tax cuts (from deficit) for billionaires, balancing the budget, working harder for alt energy and the environment, cutting out big money (citizens united) from government....

then I would change my mind. But, to quote the Great Forest Gump "Stupid is as Stupid Does". America is not going to become "great again" by following the same policies that led to BOTH the great recession and the great depression.

Wow!

That's a brilliant idea!

Why should employers be expected to provide excellent health insurance for me and others like me when our bankrupt federal government can simply impose enormous taxes on individuals in form of income taxes, sales taxes, value-added taxes and the like so that we can put the same people who have been running the VA in charge of everyone else's health care?

Sure, my life expectancy will drop overnight, but my employer, the greedy multinational corporation that is currently providing me the sort of health insurance every American should have, will be able to keep all that money and maybe even slip a little to their friends in DC who understood why it was so important to provide "free healthcare" to all.

Last edited by momonkey; 01-22-2017 at 03:53 AM..

Old 01-22-2017, 04:50 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,677,957 times
So, basically, from the responses here, it looks like some people think that having health insurance to help pay for contraception, maternity care, anything related to being female (y'know, the stuff that men don't have, like.. well, you know)... is somehow forcing others to pay for that care. And, they don't wanna have to pay for other people's care.

So, once a lot more people DON'T have insurance because ACA was repealed... well, then the women can just go without, right?

Plus - can someone here name a MALE CONTRACEPTIVE that they are taking? And, whether or not it is covered by insurance.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:52 AM

58,659 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that a guy in that position who DOESN'T know what he is doing and therefore surrounds himself with the wall street billionaire boys clubs as well as other idealogues is not going to come up with decent policy.

I would ask in response. Being as we know he lies and misleads....and has hired the worst of the worst in the very people who have destroyed this country, what makes you think his policies will be helpful to that "forgotten" man and woman? The first order he signed was to raise mortgage rates on him and her and to start dismantling health care.

Do you think chaos and lack of ability is going to turn out well? I'm interested.
"Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows" which include MOST liberals and ALL the ones on here!

Gee, it's easy to throw out juvenile insults.

No wonder the liberal posters on her do it so much.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:54 AM

58,659 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Do you think it would be a good idea to just assume he's lying/exaggerating and not try to do anything about it?

I think he's not going to do a lot of what he said. However, already, 2 weeks into the new congress, there is already an attempt to make health care, especially women's health care, harder to access. Obviously, we have some things to worry about.
"there is already an attempt to make health care, especially women's health care, harder to access. Obviously, we have some things to worry about"

Congratulations! You have been officially "Grubered"!

Old 01-22-2017, 04:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,677,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Proof that social media brings weak minded sheep together in a herd . I would expect a foreign country to be upset about an America first policy that no longer benefits them, what I don't get is why Americans are protesting against it. You can run with the "World first, America 2nd" campaign slogan next election and then come back and talk to us about it.
So, true... look what this country of weak minded sheep elected: the king of twitter.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:21 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,882,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, true... look what this country of weak minded sheep elected: the king of twitter.
The difference was those people all made up their mind on their own through the far reaches of the country with no help from the media. I thought the media sabataged the American public opinion for good. It was amazing that people can still through their BS with no giant get together required. Showing up at the voting booth is apparently all that counts.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:31 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,952,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
That's so funny... Dems caused Trump to be elected by running the 1 person in the whole US he could beat.

Find a better candidate next time and stop calling half the people in the US weak minded. Weak minded is Hillary blind supporters.

Thanks, you gave us a gift. Stop complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies