Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I see what you are doing here... instead of talking about the MSM lying about the MLK bust, you have changed the subject...

nice. you did good. some folk even bit...

back to the lie. MLK bust was not removed. CNN once again provided FAKE NEWS to the world.
Exactly!

The debate in the OP has nothing to do with Churchill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Are you lobbying for the government to shut down all "liberal" media?
No. We need all media. And they can lie and publish fake news all they want. I just wish they wouldn't. I wish they didn't have an agenda that distorts their accuracy.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:16 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,691,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Churchill was an inspiration to his people during a time of war. He is a good role model for politicians caught in a difficult time. There is nothing wrong with putting the Churchill bust back in it's rightful place. Maybe it will inspire courage and a willingness to persevere in our new president.

Churchill was like a dog with a bone on Hitler. When others were fine with appeasing Hitler, with ignoring what Hitler was doing, Churchill was not.

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Bright shiny baubles like this keep people from paying any attention to anything important that might be happening. What happens to statures of MLK and/or WC are both a bust.
I agree. There are lots of legitimate issues to criticize Trump on. But a huge number of the snowflakes choose to ignore the real issues and protest about fake issues.

Media lies are a real issue. What bust Trump chooses to put up is a fake issue.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:21 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,688,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You still don't get it. This thread is about Time Magazine lies. Not Trump. Not Churchill.

So let's start over. Do you agree that Time should lie whenever it fits their agenda?
Even though my mother always said two wrongs don't make a right... if the prez can lie any time he opens his mouth.. yeah, why not everyone also lie? It will be the new normal, a trend started by the twitterer-in-chief.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:27 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,004,590 times
Nothing wrong with Churchill being there, but MLK should be in plain sight. We literally have a national holiday to celebrate the man's great contributions to this country.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:18 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Nothing wrong with Churchill being there, but MLK should be in plain sight. We literally have a national holiday to celebrate the man's great contributions to this country.
"but MLK should be in plain sight. We literally have a national holiday to celebrate the man's great contributions to this countr'

2 wrongs DON'T make a right!

Please explain why a person who was NEVER a President should have a national holiday when NOT 1 SINGLE president has a federal holiday.

I am NOT saying King should NOT be held in high esteem but really, does he belong in being held in HIGHER esteem then EVERY president we have had in our history or any other great American?

I think NOT!

Old 01-24-2017, 04:25 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Even though my mother always said two wrongs don't make a right... if the prez can lie any time he opens his mouth.. yeah, why not everyone also lie? It will be the new normal, a trend started by the twitterer-in-chief.
I thought we were talking about Trump NOT Obama or Hillary or the MSM!

Old 01-24-2017, 04:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,857,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Fox News already did a FACT CHECK on this. Yes it was said; however, the reported apologized and retracted that statement saying that the bust had been behind a door and covered up and wasn't readily seen.
So the reporter jumped to conclusions. No fact checking. The reporter could have simply asked "where is the bust of MLK?" Instead the reporter saw a chance to do a quick smear.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM

26,554 posts, read 14,400,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
.... when NOT 1 SINGLE president has a federal holiday.
third monday in february?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies