Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 01:26 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Oh, maybe that is why so many were watching in 2008.
I regret being flippant in my comment, so please allow me to elucidate further. I watched the inauguration on Friday because it was as much a farewell to the previous administration as a welcome to the new. I watched because it reminds me of the fragility of the American experiment and inspires my deepest gratitude for being a citizen of this very special and unique nation. Let me be clear, however, that I did not watch because I am a fan of Donald J. Trump and his nascent administration. Far from it.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-22-2017 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 01:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have never watched an inauguration. There's too many spoilers and I know how the story ends.
Me neither! It is pretty boring to me. Didn't watch Obama either. I thought about it, then decided there is no need to start now. I did check out the post coverage though.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
I couldn't care less what the ratings were.

Now it's time to really start grading his performance. I'm optimistic.

A business man doesn't survive for long if they are not fast and efficient. You won't see that type of productivity in the realm of career politics.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:40 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I agree with the bolded. It's just weird.

Both his inauguration crowd and his tv ratings are respectable. Not OMG THE BIGGEST EVAHH!!!!, but far from the lowest. Nothing to be ashamed of. But the need to spin and go on the attack over it being cast as anything other than Winning to the Top of Winology lol is so... I mean why? Who the hell cares?
Trump had the most people ever watching his inauguration, with over 47 million people watching.

Millions of people no longer watch TV, or even own a TV, and watched the inauguration via livestream (CNN estimated over 16 million watched on livestreams).

The attempt by the left to downplay Trump's numbers is downright childish.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
I watched the inauguration via Sky News from the UK. Why? Because I couldn't stand the yammering TV Pundits on American TV.

No doubt this wasn't counted as part of the ratings.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:44 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
If you consider world-wide viewership, Trump holds the record by far. But you won't hear that fact on TV.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
I watched the ENTIRE inauguration from beginning to end. The BEST moments since the Super-Bowl!

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump had the most people ever watching his inauguration, with over 47 million people watching.

Millions of people no longer watch TV, or even own a TV, and watched the inauguration via livestream (CNN estimated over 16 million watched on livestreams).

The attempt by the left to downplay Trump's numbers is downright childish.

Ugh. Maybe, but since streaming was a thing for Obama's ceremonies too we'd need to add in his streaming numbers to be sure. But it's certainly possible.

But really... why is this such a thing in the first place? Why does it seem so important to people that he "win" the inauguration popularity game in some way?

If Obama's total turns out to be 48 million will y'all let it go?

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Except that the TV ratings don't reflect that millions of people watched Trump's inauguration via livestream.

CNN estimated that over 16 million people watched the inauguration on livestreams.

That would put Trump at over 47 million people watching his inauguration.
What are the numbers for livestreaming the previous administration? Do we have those numbers? Not sure why you are so desperate to get the final tally in his favor if it really doesn't matter.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
What are the numbers for livestreaming the previous administration? Do we have those numbers? Not sure why you are so desperate to get the final tally in his favor if it really doesn't matter.
Because when all is said an done all Donald Dump really is, is a reality TV performer that was born into wealth and privilege. Ratings are is ego boosting life blood. He's a mentally addled charlatan and swindler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies