Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 10:55 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
And I love how conservatives are telling people to "get over it, it's not a big deal. Nobody cares about how big the crowd was." Yet Trump chose to address the issue in front of the CIA's memorial wall, and then had his press secretary go out and make an announcement about it

But "it's not a big deal." LMAO!
The mental gymnastics his poor supporters must go through and the amount of egg they have to wipe off their faces on a daily basis must have them constantly at the chiropractor's office and buying paper towels.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
I'm pretty sure that if one had an Emoji for the term "Alternate Facts" it would be the middle finger raised high, in salute to all.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Does this mean that we only have an alternative president?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:15 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, this is the new normal. When you blatantly lie, like this administration is seemingly going to do, you have to come up with a new phrase for your lies. Today Kellyanne Conway, referencing the lies told by Press Secretary Sean Spicer on his estimates of inauguration crowd size, called them "alternative facts".

This is straight out of the Russian playbook, where the government uses propaganda in every press release.

Kudos to Chuck Todd for saying there is no such thing as an "alternative fact", it is actually a falsehood.

Kellyanne Conway: WH Spokesman Gave 'Alternative Facts' on Inauguration Crowd - NBC News
providing a set of facts that are different from the set the media used, is not lying. the media often uses "facts" that don't actually paint the picture that is truthful.

so kudow to Conway for pointing out the left (read media) often doesn't work with fact, facts.

Here is the deal odanny, your side doesn't really care about truth. your side cares about the version of the truth that makes you feel good and hurts your oppenents. Well most of the time that has worked for you guys, because republicans for some stupid reason, don't fire back.

Those days are over. TheDonald will return nuclear missile strikes for every backhanded slap dished out by the left (read media).

And Trump supporters are HAPPY about it.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:17 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The best liar always wins in politics.
We've seen that with Obama lying over and over.
Media lies are constant and they are losing.
They need to up there game or Trump will keep winning.
So, is that why Trump won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
providing a set of facts that are different from the set the media used, is not lying. the media often uses "facts" that don't actually paint the picture that is truthful.

so kudow to Conway for pointing out the left (read media) often doesn't work with fact, facts.

Here is the deal odanny, your side doesn't really care about truth. your side cares about the version of the truth that makes you feel good and hurts your oppenents. Well most of the time that has worked for you guys, because republicans for some stupid reason, don't fire back.

Those days are over. TheDonald will return nuclear missile strikes for every backhanded slap dished out by the left (read media).

Define "alternative facts" for me.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Right, and we watched it live on TV. Live, in real time. I saw the lack of crowd. Anyone else who watched it live saw it too. Including Trumpies. So they are just flat out denying reality. If this is a precursor to future denials, and I believe they just set the precedent for pathological untruthiness in office - then we are all in big trouble.

The scary part of all of this is not Trump defining reality to his followers but the willingness of his followers to dismiss facts taken in by their own eyes and ears to unquestioningly accept the reality as dictated by Trump. What other times in history did citizens unquestioningly follow their leader?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:46 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

from alternative facts to alternative reality...

Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The NYT estimate of Trump inauguration attendance being 192,000, if that estimate is a fact, that "fact" definitely opens the door to "alternate facts" because DC metro ridership on 1-20-17 was 61% of that on 1-21-2013 when no less than one million people showed up for Obama's second inauguration.

If my math is correct, something like 610,000 people attended Trump's inauguration, and I believe we can agree that 192,000 and 610,000 are very different numbers.

Additionally, the photos used by the NYT showing large unpopulated areas are very different from those taken during the inauguration speech that show those same areas filled with attendees.
OMG, and all, 100%, of those riders went to the inauguration... yeahhhh... riiiight

Old 01-23-2017, 11:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular.

I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.”~ Donald Trump, "The Art of the Deal"

Old 01-23-2017, 12:09 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So, is that why Trump won?

Define "alternative facts" for me.
I already did. stop asking questions that have already been answered.

PS I don't even care. I am just happy some pile of junk reporter that takes himself seriously head exploded.

the left (read media) don't care about facts. period. I am just happy there is a non left, punching the left in the nose. I hope the blood taste nasty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies