Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 01:51 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Frankly that is an "alternative fact"---
Honesty is a standard ALL people should live by--
And Christians who act like their religious beliefs give them legitimacy over all other religions should be especially careful NOT to lie...
I think Conway is someone who professes to be a Christian--
So the idea that she knowing lied (and check her body language and vocalization when she was making that response to Chuck Todd--she knew she was lying) is just a validation that she will do anything in support of Trump and his agenda...

"Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord" Proverbs 12:22

Another one appropriate for all the times Trump made statements--often injudicious ones against an opponent--and then said "I was only joking" or "it was a joke, folks"--

"Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says
'I am only joking'..."
Proverbs 26:18-19...
oh save your hypocritical holier than thou diatribe for someone who hasn't been watching whats been going on for the last 30 year.

I don't care what Conway is or is not. Politics is in no way shape or form a Christian endeavor. CERTAINLY NOT in America. Shoot you people are the ones that keep reminding us that this is NOT a chiristian country. whatever the heck that is.

AGAIN .

YOU PEOPLE have never held honesty as a standard. at least not in my lifetime and im nearly a half century old. Chuck Todd is a shill for the DNC and as honest as necessary to twist a truth into a win for the left.

Donald Trump didn't trade in the blood of Americans to win an election. Obama did that and you were all good with that, so you and put your outrage in the appropriate receptacle. it aint flying as an argument for whatever pointless drivel you are peddling today.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:54 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,466,893 times
The alternative fact was that the photo NBC showed from the Trump Inauguration was taken at a different time of day than than the one shown from Obozo's inauguration.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:54 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Oh, for Pete's sake... grow up! And, have trump grow up while you're at it.

When trump and his staff stand up at the front of the room, and hand out lies to the entire world, they aren't just handing them out to the "Other Side" - they are showing the entire world just exactly what kind of people they are.

Honesty and truthfulness doesn't depend on what the that "other side" says or does. Ethical conduct doesn't depend on what the that "other side" says or does. It doesn't depend on whether or not you, or anyone else, thinks that a particular portion of the audience "don't deserve honesty".
again... until your side, holds YOUR SIDE to the same ethical standard you hold those that aren't YOUR SIDE, we might have a point to discuss.

until then, we don't owe you a blessed thing. you don't deserve honesty because honesty isn't a standard you live by.

but since you want to play the innocent.

What exactly did it show the world when Obama, knowing the truth sent his National Security Advisor out to every single Sunday talk show to spread a lie about Benghazi? let me help you. it told the entire world he cared more about winning an election than protecting American lives.

you love lies that are told for your benefit, you only squeal when the other side tells them.

as they say in football, get'cha some!

Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,654,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
The alternative fact was that the photo NBC showed from the Trump Inauguration was taken at a different time of day than than the one shown from Obozo's inauguration.
That was but one example. There were plenty of other pics taken right before the inauguration speech that show less crowds. There was less Metro ridership. Period. End of story. Spicer is a liar.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
In other news, Kellyanne punched a guy several times at the Commander in Chief inaugural ball.

According to Fox Business correspondent Charlie Gasparino, “Inside the ball we see a fight between two guys in tuxes and then suddenly out of nowhere came Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway who began throwing some mean punches at one of the guys.”

Sounds like quite the festive occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Man, the one thing from the inauguration that would have made good TV, and no video?
I'm as disappointed as you are. Sounds like quite the shindig.

Maybe this is what she meant by the relationship changing with the press.

Next time a reporter accuses her of a falsehood, it might be wise to do it during a virtual interview rather than an in person one.

Just saying.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:08 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:

Yep. The Trump one from 12:01pm, the Obama one from ~1:30pm.

What time did the inauguration start, again? When did the swearing in and speeches happen?

Old 01-24-2017, 02:14 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,831,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yep. The Trump one from 12:01pm, the Obama one from ~1:30pm.

What time did the inauguration start, again? When did the swearing in and speeches happen?

That depends, are we talking about the inauguration or the alternative inauguration?

Old 01-25-2017, 03:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
:sigh:

As has been pointed out a ridiculous amount of times...

Those of us who watched live saw live shots of that area over a span of hours. At NO TIME was that area filled with people. I won't let someone change what I was with my own eyes.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:59 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
My heart goes out to those who are trying their best to believe this obvious lie.

There is no way Trump had the largest crowd at his inauguration. Metro ridership doesn't support this claim. Photos don't support it. Livestream feeds didn't support it. TV coverage didn't support this.

Admittedly, photos taken from the front at a lower angle that only show as far back as the media tents show a lot of people. No doubt about that. However, photos taken from the Washington Monument at higher angle clearly show large empty areas and scattered people behind the media tents.

Insisting that up is down and falsehoods are merely "alternative facts" is common to victims of child abuse.

"I fell down the stairs," "I tripped over the dog," "He's really a good Daddy, he just gets mad sometimes,"...

Children who have been abused typically struggle to recognize the truth because they've been lied to so often ("I whip you because I love you," "Daddy isn't drunk,"...) and often learn to lie to get out trouble that can have devastating consequences.

Kellyanne Conway demonstrates classic behavior for victims of child abuse who learned to fight back. Some time ago, I watched a clip of her doing a comedy routine when she did a dreadful "joke" about child abuse. It was a heart wrenching moment.

So I urge all of us on this forum to cut Trump supporters a little slack. Show some sympathy instead of scorn. Many are likely following patterns developed early on to protect themselves.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:19 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why are you constantly obsessed with Obama and Hillary? FYI, he is no longer the POTUS and Hillary is not the POTUS. You better consider who is in power and how that person is lying straight to you.
It hurts to be reminded of what YOUR side did, while YOU all were silent?

Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies