Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:41 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times

Advertisements

Are you kidding me? You're trying to defend the indefensible. Anyone with eyes could see that the Press Secretary was lying. L-Y-I-N-G. If you don't know the difference between a truth and a lie, there is no hope here. We're being told to overlook this lie. No. Because a seemingly insignificant lie will lead to bigger lies, and worse, it will lead to people either doubting their own eyes and ears, or it will turn them away from looking and listening altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
KellyAnne used the wrong words to say what she meant unfortunately - and can/should be called out for that (and the fact that she was obviously ill-advised to go on that kind of a program at all - they need to stop doing that because even if everything they say on there is 100% true and supported by overwhelming evidence, they will be said to be lying by apparently half the country).

What I think she meant to convey was more along the lines of our information is quite different so we dispute these claims/allegations. That is IF she discussed it at all - which frankly I don't think she should have .. they pulled a Sarah Palin-like ambush on her and smart as she is, she didn't see it coming in time so she could react the proper way (which was probably to just walk the heck out of there).

This is such a stupid topic anyway. Who the heck cares how many people were there? It was a big set up - and yes, the media is VERY culpable in that - but I am sad to say that Trump and his team are still falling for it. They need to do better in that regard. But, have at it, kiddies ... I say if you 'feel' better when you poke sticks and self-defeat by worrying tiny details that are really of no significance in the long run, whether you are right or not about something that just does not matter one hoot, then Trump is doing you a favour by giving you yet another platform to strut your stuff on. Nice of him I would say. He DOES care about you. How can you possibly deny that?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:41 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The White House Press Secretary and the President of the United States, for starters.
I hope that photo of no one there was the first thing he saw when he opened his twitter account after the event.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:44 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
I knew this administration would deliver, high comedy at it's finest.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:44 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
KellyAnne used the wrong words to say what she meant unfortunately - and can/should be called out for that (and the fact that she was obviously ill-advised to go on that kind of a program at all - they need to stop doing that because even if everything they say on there is 100% true and supported by overwhelming evidence, they will be said to be lying by apparently half the country).

What I think she meant to convey was more along the lines of our information is quite different so we dispute these claims/allegations. That is IF she discussed it at all - which frankly I don't think she should have .. they pulled a Sarah Palin-like ambush on her and smart as she is, she didn't see it coming in time so she could react the proper way (which was probably to just walk the heck out of there).

This is such a stupid topic anyway. Who the heck cares how many people were there? It was a big set up - and yes, the media is VERY culpable in that - but I am sad to say that Trump and his team are still falling for it. They need to do better in that regard. But, have at it, kiddies ... I say if you 'feel' better when you poke sticks and self-defeat by worrying tiny details that are really of no significance in the long run, whether you are right or not about something that just does not matter one hoot, then Trump is doing you a favour by giving you yet another platform to strut your stuff on. Nice of him I would say. He DOES care about you. How can you possibly deny that?
How are accurately reporting the #'s a set up??

Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:

Who told the interior department to shut down their Twitter account? Who called a press conference where gosh let's just stick to the main topic which was no one has an absolute accurate count of the people and it was the biggest crowd in history then for good measure he said "period".
I got to tell you how is asking about contents of your speech (in Palin's case), or asking about stuff you tweet (trumps case) gotcha journalism.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Alternative fact is an oxymoron. These people are out of their minds. When will people wake up??
I think they have finally.

Yesterday's protests were not an anomaly. It was a wake-up call to everyone, and people finally realized there are many others who think like they do. The age span was incredible. Older people, boomers and young people--lots of young people.

The Trump followers want to go back--regress. It is a reactionary movement. They don't like change. Most others are not willing to regress, and want to move forward and stop denying the reality that Trump is trying to distort with his American Carnage crap and lies.

Because the reality is more positive than negative. Those who don't get that can attempt to make America the 50s again with their futile efforts, but it is not going to happen. The only way you regress societies is with a dictatorship or violence. You know who is trying to regress societies? The Taliban, ISIS, the mullahs in Iran.

Last edited by Enigma777; 01-22-2017 at 10:16 AM..

Old 01-22-2017, 10:17 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
We are entering a whole new world of make believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUAtU6euZo

Old 01-22-2017, 10:20 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Alternative fact is an oxymoron. These people are out of their minds. When will people wake up??
There is no waking up from stupidity and lack of common sense. It's incurable but thankfully not contagious.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-22-2017 at 10:53 AM..

Old 01-22-2017, 10:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
This reminds of the topic based on NBC punditry which made people think Hillary was going to win the election.

How did that work for you?

Old 01-22-2017, 10:26 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
We are entering a whole new world of make believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUAtU6euZo
At least one reporter is insisting that Kellyanne Conway actually answer a question, even if the answer is ridiculous.

Then a quick pivot to Obama and how millions lost their insurance with Obamacare.

Millions of Americans losing their insurance is likely to be a touchy topic. Surprised she brought it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies