Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Actually Reuters has since published a correction - the Obama photo was from between ~noon and 12:30pm.
so we see that the news media also has alt-facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Your "own set of facts and data" dig backfired...badly. Proofread before posting.

As far as your first sentence, I don't sit around and wait for a president to try to make my life good, unlike others.

Yup. This forum is a microcosm of a couple of things:

1. More evidence of how Trump won the election.
2. You can tell who has absolutely nothing going for them in life, celebrating this election like they're the head coach of a team that just won the Super Bowl.
The post wasn't directed at you. It was a general comment about liberals who used to say "give Obama chance before criticizing him", but now have no idea what this new President with new ideas and approaches will do, yet they are attacking like mad dogs.

He MIGHT turn out to be good for the country.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Oh, how cool that your husband is an insider!
That rumor has been floating around for a week or so now. I don't know if its legit or not but I don't believe that poster was saying her husband knew for sure. But extra points for ignorant snark!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
so we see that the news media also has alt-facts.

A correction is not an alternate fact. Nor does it make the original (incorrect) report of timing "fake news"

Old 01-28-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
A correction is not an alternate fact. Nor does it make the original (incorrect) report of timing "fake news"
Clever. True to form.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:02 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Clever. True to form.
No, it would be an alternative fact if the lie was continually repeated for days on end. A correction is an admittance of error and done as soon as the mistake is discovered.

I'm sorry you can't understand the very clear differences. But I know when you are trying to defend the indefensible anything you can grab onto is a lifesaver.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:19 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Kelly Ann Conway ,Sean Spicer, and Trump are all liars. Nobody seems to care. We'll see how bad they mess things up before people get worried...

Old 01-28-2017, 08:20 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:

The post wasn't directed at you. It was a general comment about liberals who used to say "give Obama chance before criticizing him", but now have no idea what this new President with new ideas and approaches will do, yet they are attacking like mad dogs.

He MIGHT turn out to be good for the country.
If he was a true populist he would have widespread support. But he is a thin skinned billionaire and megalomaniac sociopath who has no regard for anyone other than himself. His first act as President was removing healthcare coverage! Is that not telling of how he plans to govern the country? Is it not also telling he has demonized Mexican migrants who cross the border to do jobs Americans won't? Now he is on about the wall and he is alienating an entire continent. He's only been in office a week.

And, he has filled his cabinet with people who hate the very organizations they will lead.
Energy Dept. is Rick Perry? The guy who wants to get rid of it? Betsy DeVoss for Education? A billionaire who hates public education? How about EPA head who is also a climate change denier? Or Health and Human Services, Tom Price? He's a dandy.
Quote:
His selection drew an immediate rebuke from the Senate’s incoming minority leader, Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.). “Congressman Price has proven to be far out of the mainstream of what Americans want when it comes to Medicare, the Affordable Care Act, and Planned Parenthood,” Schumer said in a statement. “Thanks to those three programs, millions of American seniors, families, people with disabilities and women have access to quality, affordable health care. Nominating Congressman Price to be the HHS secretary is akin to asking the fox to guard the hen house.”
Washington Post

Or how about all the Billionaire banksters from Wall Street? Think they give a damn about the middle class?
I think the swamp is full of gators who are gonna feed on the middle class. Not my idea of a populist President.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:45 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If he was a true populist he would have widespread support. But he is a thin skinned billionaire and megalomaniac sociopath who has no regard for anyone other than himself. His first act as President was removing healthcare coverage! Is that not telling of how he plans to govern the country? Is it not also telling he has demonized Mexican migrants who cross the border to do jobs Americans won't? Now he is on about the wall and he is alienating an entire continent. He's only been in office a week.

And, he has filled his cabinet with people who hate the very organizations they will lead.
Energy Dept. is Rick Perry? The guy who wants to get rid of it? Betsy DeVoss for Education? A billionaire who hates public education? How about EPA head who is also a climate change denier? Or Health and Human Services, Tom Price? He's a dandy.

Washington Post

Or how about all the Billionaire banksters from Wall Street? Think they give a damn about the middle class?
I think the swamp is full of gators who are gonna feed on the middle class. Not my idea of a populist President.
The bottom line is that self-serving sadistic entities are running amuck in what appears to be a "Corporate Coup d’État"...

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/1/..._election_this

Old 01-28-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, it would be an alternative fact if the lie was continually repeated for days on end. A correction is an admittance of error and done as soon as the mistake is discovered.

I'm sorry you can't understand the very clear differences. But I know when you are trying to defend the indefensible anything you can grab onto is a lifesaver.
You mean like Susan Rice and regarding the video that 'caused Benghazi'. So the left is well practiced in alternative facts after all.

Come to think of it, I didn't hear the left objecting to that -- either at the time, nor afterward.

Speak of defending the indefensible.

It only applies when the other side is doing it. Hard to see it (or admit it) when your side is doing it?

Old 01-28-2017, 05:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, this is the new normal. When you blatantly lie, like this administration is seemingly going to do, you have to come up with a new phrase for your lies. Today Kellyanne Conway, referencing the lies told by Press Secretary Sean Spicer on his estimates of inauguration crowd size, called them "alternative facts".

This is straight out of the Russian playbook, where the government uses propaganda in every press release.

Kudos to Chuck Todd for saying there is no such thing as an "alternative fact", it is actually a falsehood.

Kellyanne Conway: WH Spokesman Gave 'Alternative Facts' on Inauguration Crowd - NBC News
Please.

Chuck Todd is an idiot. And we all know the Leftist controlled so-called "mainstream" media doctored the videos and claimed they were showing the crowd AFTER the ceremony had begun, when they were in actuality from earlier, as the crowds were still pouring in, are liars.

Now do you have something meaningful and constructive to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies