Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 11:10 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

None. Women already have more rights than men. The march was organized by a muslim who hates Trump.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:22 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
None. Women already have more rights than men. The march was organized by a muslim who hates Trump.

What rights do women have that men don't?

I am waiting,but of course i know the answer.

This is just an attempt to control women's sex lives.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
There's that, plus having an avowed woman-molester in office is pretty bizarre.
Bill Clinton had been out of office for over a decade. This can't be an issue on the woman's weekend coffee clatch.

Even after putting bill Clinton on the front burner for multiple rape accusations, Monica scandal, and countless other women, democrats turned a blind eye and ignore the biggest women sexual assaulter to reach the white house.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
1. A baby is not a baby until either is viable or born. Until that time it is a fetus, a potential life, not an actual life.
Depending on the progress of the pregnancy, a fetus has functioning organs. Technically, you're killing human life.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:52 AM

516 posts, read 429,152 times
Back to the original question.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:07 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I don't get it. What rights are threatened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The right to kill their babies before they are born.

It really is that simple.
Don't you get it? Apparently not. Because it's that simple, but you've missed the point completely. The rights that are threatened is the ability for women to access safe, effective birth control. If they can get safe, effective birth control, they won't need to get an abortion later, because they won't find themselves getting pregnant against their will in the first place. It is against their will. Just because they become pregnant, it won't make them magically want a child they aren't in a position to care for. Taking a high and mighty stance, telling them to close their legs, just say no, or pay for their own birth control won't make it happen, and it isn't your business to push your morals on them anyway. If they're responsible enough to seek methods to prevent pregnancy, they should be available to them. And PP also does cancer and STD screenings, which are of great importance to public health.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:34 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
There's that, plus having an avowed woman-molester in office is pretty bizarre.
Right, Clinton SHOULD have been impeached by the dem Senate.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I don't get it. What rights are threatened?
From what I could tell, there were at least three main issues at many of the protests

1. Trump's vulgar comments from when he was caught on tape bragging about "grabbing *****" and being able to sexually assault women because he is a rich celebrity.

2. The defunding of Planned Parenthood

3. Abortion

For the first issue. Trump may or may not have sexually assaulted women. I seriously doubt he grabbed anyone's genitals and that was just loutish hyperbole. He probably kissed women without being asked and that IS sexual assault, he probably made moves on them when he or they were married and generally acted like an ass.
I'm not apologizing for Trump but the Clintons did FAR worse and I don't recall protesters being up in arms.
People have asked why Bill Clinton is relevant. Well HIS WIFE just ran in the last election as Trump's opponent and she actively attempted to silence and ruin the victims of her husband's sexual assaults and possible rape for her own political aspirations!

For the second issue. People want to defund Planned Parenthood, not for some war on women but because of their utter REVULSION at the tapes that show a PP executive casually and callously discussing, in graphic terms, how they profit from the aftermath of abortions over dinner.

For the third issue. Yes we have a Republican president who can pick Supreme court justices. I don't believe in outlawing abortion but callous movements or memes like #shoutyourabortion and women using them as some sick sort of empowerment is not helping the pro choice movement. Also, the pro life movement is not the "patriarchy seeking to control women's bodies or reproductive rights" at least half of the pro life movement IS women! It's about the babies who do not have a voice and the shocking ease at which abortions can be obtained.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:09 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Don't you get it? Apparently not. Because it's that simple, but you've missed the point completely. The rights that are threatened is the ability for women to access safe, effective birth control. If they can get safe, effective birth control, they won't need to get an abortion later, because they won't find themselves getting pregnant against their will in the first place. It is against their will. Just because they become pregnant, it won't make them magically want a child they aren't in a position to care for. Taking a high and mighty stance, telling them to close their legs, just say no, or pay for their own birth control won't make it happen, and it isn't your business to push your morals on them anyway. If they're responsible enough to seek methods to prevent pregnancy, they should be available to them. And PP also does cancer and STD screenings, which are of great importance to public health.
Each state should be responsible for Planned Parenthood. It's not the federal government's job.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:38 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why would any women die from pregnancy if their death could be predicted ahead of time?

Did you ever think about that?

Women die.....no advanced warning.

Every woman who decides to carry a pregnancy to term knows that and accepts the risk.

If a woman does not want to take that risk she should be able to have a safe, legal abortion.
I'm pro-choice, but I must say you're making a really weak, nonsensical argument. If someone wants an abortion because she just doesn't want to "risk dying" from pregnancy (an extremely rare occurrence, to the point of being an unreasonable concern unless she has a specific high-risk condition) then she should just be sterilized so she never has to worry about that tiny risk. If she is so unrealistically worried about unlikely death from pregnancy, then she's probably too paranoid and crazy to accept the small risk of dying from an abortion. Honestly, I have never heard of anyone having an abortion for this reason, but you keep harping on this same scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies