Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
These are some of the ideas that have been underscored by the women marching on Saturday; please note that only a few of them pertain only to or affect only women:

1) Quality public education
2) Women insured by Medicaid to continue to choose Planned Parenthood as a provider for women's health care such as well woman exams and cancer screenings (pro-life, anyone?).
3) Privacy as granted by Roe v. Wade - or not, since women who were pro-life also marched
4) The ability to worship according to one's own beliefs without the fear or threat of sanction of any kind
5) The basic human right for women not to be objectified
6) A clean environment
7) Progress toward a more peaceful world
8) Respect for the rights of immigrants and refugees
9) Respect for the rights of LGBT community
10) To have a country free of hate, fear and suspicion
11) To end any normalization of violence against women
12) To be treated equitably in the workplace

All threatened or ignored by Trump and/or the Republicans in Congress.

If I left anything out, please add to the list.
I must comment number 6 made me laugh they were a bunch of dirty pigs who left trash all over .

Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Women get free birth control, men don't. Women can have an abortion, men need to pay for the baby regardless of whether they want it. Women can give a baby up for adoption without the father's consent. Women get government help if they can't afford their baby, men get jail. Women get benefits from affirmative action, men get hurt. I could go on but you get the idea.
This! Exactly. Men should be marching in this country for men's rights or at least TRUE equal rights.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:20 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I must comment number 6 made me laugh they were a bunch of dirty pigs who left trash all over .
This often happens in the wake of "Earth Days" too and many other liberal marches.
At least the Tea Party people cleaned up after themselves and often the place looked better than it did before they were there.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
This! Exactly. Men should be marching in this country for men's rights or at least TRUE equal rights.
It's only equal if it's in your favor. THAT is the message pushed today.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:22 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
There's that, plus having an avowed woman-molester in office is pretty bizarre.
Sorry, Bill Clinton has been out of office for 16 years now, so no need to bring him up.

They feel they lose the right to kill their babies at any given time simply because they decided they do not want it. Many of us feel they dont have the right to decide if an innocent unborn child should live or die. Maybe they should stop using abortions as after-the-fact birth control. (Don't bring up the fraction of a percentage of rape victims, danger of loss of life p and incest victims. No one feels they should be denied).

Other than that, they lose nothing. Trump loves women. He entrusted his daughter to run his. All of the women who work for him say he is a great boss. What he said about women in he past means nothing. He's a guy. That's how we are, even if we know we would never act out on what we say. Nearly every woman I know love him.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
There's that, plus having an avowed woman-molester in office is pretty bizarre.
I'm not understanding your response. That is a right women are losing?

Old 01-23-2017, 07:23 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Agree, no handouts/exemptions to anyone in that type of business or religion, including to myself of course just because I/others have a mortgage(ie interest deductions), etc. It's all silly to me. If I take on a mortgage, it's mine to fund/pay for......my choice, my responsibility.

Introducing doesn't make it law/reality. If/when it happens or not, then we can discuss further on the political forums.

But legislators are trying to make it a reality. Like that isn't a big deal or something?

Old 01-23-2017, 07:24 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm not understanding your response. That is a right women are losing?

Ignoring the bill that's been posted on here at least twice and quoted a bunch of times as well.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:26 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Sorry, Bill Clinton has been out of office for 16 years now, so no need to bring him up.

They feel they lose the right to kill their babies at any given time simply because they decided they do not want it. Many of us feel they dont have the right to decide if an innocent unborn child should live or die. Maybe they should stop using abortions as after-the-fact birth control. (Don't bring up the fraction of a percentage of rape victims, danger of loss of life p and incest victims. No one feels they should be denied).

Other than that, they lose nothing. Trump loves women. He entrusted his daughter to run his. All of the women who work for him say he is a great boss. What he said about women in he past means nothing. He's a guy. That's how we are, even if we know we would never act out on what we say. Nearly every woman I know love him.
... and what if the father WANTS the baby??

Old 01-23-2017, 07:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I don't get it. What rights are threatened?
Women lost FIRST when you elected a President that bragged about how "I tried to ***** her". And then "you can do anything you want; grab em by the *****Y."

Those words - uttered by a 60 year old man - told women exactly how he views them.

Secondly, his other proclamations as Candidate Trump were that ~ women should be punished if they have abortions.

Thirdly, his VP - the homophobe, woman-hating PENCE - told us all that Roe v Wade should be
'condemned to the ash heaps of history, where it belongs.".

That's just for starters.

This march was just putting them on notice. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies