Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 12:09 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn05 View Post
I would like to see all unbiblical "rights" that don't agree with God's will to go away. This includes abortion and LGBT crap, for starters. God clearly condemns both in Scripture.
What part of seperation of church and state don't you f'ng understand

Old 01-23-2017, 12:12 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
What part of seperation of church and state don't you f'ng understand
I'm absolutely positive mingling church and state will not be on this President's agenda. There were evangelical candidates who did not win the nomination. So it's not in the interest of the GOP voters to have an evangelical administration and they voted accordingly.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:15 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There are a lot of people who simply are not smart enough to accomplish what you did.

What do you think happens to the "slow" kids in school? Those who were barely smart enough to make it out of high school?
"The world needs ditchdiggers!" - Judge Smails

Old 01-23-2017, 12:19 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
You have some kind of rose colored glasses on that romanticize health care costs before the ACA

https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog...ore-obamacare/

Note: Up to 129 million Americans – that’s nearly one in two people – could be discriminated against because of a pre-existing condition like heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, or for that matter pregnancy or even something as ridiculous as acne.

Lots of Americans were one catastrophic illness away from bankruptcy due to medical debt.
I was not able to get coverage because of scoliosis in my back...and sleep apnea. I most certainly will lose my insurance now if they repeal ACA.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:23 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Some of us don't include rights defined under Marxism or should I say selective Marxism. I mean after all, even though health insurance must be applied to men and women equally, even though women use more, its quite alright to charge men more for auto insurance according to the market conditions.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:25 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
From what I could tell, there were at least three main issues at many of the protests
1. Trump's vulgar comments from when he was caught on tape bragging about "grabbing *****" and being able to sexually assault women because he is a rich celebrity.
2. The defunding of Planned Parenthood
3. Abortion
But of course you weren't there, so you decided on your own what issues were important enough to millions of women that would cause them to stand outside all day in the middle of the winter, ok

But I was there, and certainly the issues you mention concerned some of the people but you fail to recognize that there were also women and men who had other concerns, including:
  • DeVos as secretary of education and her plan for decimating public education
  • Tom Price as HHS and his plans for 'fixing' healthcare
  • Ryan's plan for Medicare and Social Security
  • Muslim registry
  • DACA
  • Voting rights
  • 1st amendment rights
  • The absurd self aggrandizement by Trump which includes telling outright lies like "it wasn't raining"
  • Filling the swamp with the same Goldman Sachs bandits who caused the great recession
  • Trump's bromance with Putin

Old 01-23-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I was not able to get coverage because of scoliosis in my back...and sleep apnea. I most certainly will lose my insurance now if they repeal ACA.
My daughter had a tumor in her head and I was always able to find health insurance. I paid a lot and expected to. She did use a huge amount of healthcare resources comparative to most people and thus I should pay more. But I was always able to find it.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
But of course you weren't there, so you decided on your own what issues were important enough to millions of women that would cause them to stand outside all day in the middle of the winter, ok

But I was there, and certainly the issues you mention concerned some of the people but you fail to recognize that there were also women and men who had other concerns, including:
  • DeVos as secretary of education and her plan for decimating public education
  • Tom Price as HHS and his plans for 'fixing' healthcare
  • Ryan's plan for Medicare and Social Security
  • Muslim registry
  • DACA
  • Voting rights
  • 1st amendment rights
  • The absurd self aggrandizement by Trump which includes telling outright lies like "it wasn't raining"
  • Filling the swamp with the same Goldman Sachs bandits who caused the great recession
  • Trump's bromance with Putin
Okay but I'm confused. This was purportedly a march to protect women's rights and those seem to just be left talking points/issues. So really, was this march just a pro-left anti-Trump march that was billed as a women's rights march?

Old 01-23-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well, if those people can find better jobs with better benefits would that be a better alternative to utilizing government resources? I do not think this or any administration wants to completely dismantle the entire social safety net that exists in this country. However, having nearly half of our citizens reliant upon said social safety net is not sustainable either. The idea is to have more jobs, more employers and better paying jobs to reduce these numbers. I never understand the left's insistence that instead of assisting people get out of poverty, we pay them to stay in it.

But yes, at some point, many of these people need to help themselves. Even working fast food, if you're motivated, a good employee, and show some flipping initiative, you'll move up and get more opportunity. Why has it become acceptable to work a minimum wage job for life? Why is is acceptable to subsidize poor choices in life which result in such a thing? If you're working minimum wage for life, then you must analyze your choices in life because you're doing something wrong. You have to actually work to be that unsuccessful in life. And it's not the government's role to help you continue those poor choices. Call it tough love if you will.

This administration wants to make those opportunities available and if those are available, then the excuse machine for many of these people run out - and so does my sympathy.
Amazing answer..."tough love" is the appropriate way to deal with millions of low income workers not having access to healthcare.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Okay but I'm confused. This was purportedly a march to protect women's rights and those seem to just be left talking points/issues. So really, was this march just a pro-left anti-Trump march that was billed as a women's rights march?
Oh I see, so since it was called a "women's march" the participants were only allowed to care about issues specific to women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies