Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 02:15 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Oh gawd I hope you're wrong.
I'm sure Trump thinks the same.
He can change it, you know.

But if he doesn't, I expect the next 4 years will have enough motivation in them to cause millions of women who didn't vote to turn out in 2020. Especially if he actually accomplishes the reversals to the stuff the women most support and want maintained.

If that happens, I think his nightmares will be worse than yours, but will keep you both awake far too many nights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 02:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Not really. It isn't something I can prove it is the impression I get. One example would be how much harder we are hit by the whole Obummer care thing. We pay the most. It costs much less to get it through an employer. There are others, but never mind. I'll let people think what they want.
The cost per capital for health care in the USA is 8.6K per year per person. That was at the end of the GW admin.

So if your cost is less than your family times 8K plus per year - you are being subsidized.

Oh, I've been self-employed my entire life. and my insurance didn't go up much under either RomneyCare (MA) or ACA. I did get more for my money tho, like physicals being included, my kid being on the policy later.

The basic laws of economics are hard - I know - but just try to understand them. Someone pays. As it stands right now the US Government pays 2/3 of ALL health care costs in this country. This is because people like you don't want to pay your honest way (excuse me if you ARE paying 8K plus per person per year)....

And so, we all let the health care costs go to the debt and deficit instead.

BTW, it makes perfect sense that so-called "contractors" (who are falsely called self employed) who are often the result of corporations trying to skip out of real employment obligations....are hit by having to put more "skin in the game".

You know - it's strange that the GOP called for more and higher payments for health care - as "skin in the game" for years. Now....as his first act...the POTUS decides to try and do away with skin in the game, an action which will result in more debt and deficit and more abuse of the system.

It only makes sense in a warped world.

As long as you allow the health care corporations to take advantage of all of us (and the US government, which is also "us")...we will continue to pay 50% more than the rest of the world for care which often falls short.

That's capitalism....just as The Don can take tax money, take investors and bondholders and then go bankrupt leaving everyone else holding the bag.....

Old 01-22-2017, 02:16 PM

19,829 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Are you addressing women with that "you", or other men?

No matter. The Clinton presidency was 25 years ago, and a lot has changed in the issues that concern women the most since then.

Clinton left office January 20, 2001, 16 years ago.

What you saw yesterday was evidence of those changes, and even back in the past, there were plenty of Women who spoke out strongly, and very angrily, over Bill Clinton and his affair.

But Clinton's affair didn't involve or threaten women in general. The stuff Trump said continuously for the 20 months has threatened all women in the issues that concern them most, and have worked the hardest to overcome.

How much time do you think it takes to knit one of those pink hats? Consider how much time that is thinking about the dangers Trump is presenting the lady who's doing the knitting.

The 'lady' is a machine in China.

And expect to see those hats again and again until Trump snaps out of it and starts backing off from his threats. The march could have been celebratory. Trump himself turned it into a protest.
Thanks for the LOLs.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:18 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I hope they feel good about it now too because continuous negativity towards everything isn't a good place to get stuck.
Well, if continuous negativity is a bad thing, Mr. Trump must have a lot of restless evenings...

Old 01-22-2017, 02:18 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Nice mess they left behind too. Good job. Proud leftists and thier filth.
It is worthy of note that this line has been totally ignored on the pages I have read.
I wonder why?

Old 01-22-2017, 02:21 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,902,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
It is worthy of note that this line has been totally ignored on the pages I have read.
I wonder why?
Because it doesn't have to do with why the marches were held.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:21 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The cost per capital for health care in the USA is 8.6K per year per person. That was at the end of the GW admin.

So if your cost is less than your family times 8K plus per year - you are being subsidized.

Oh, I've been self-employed my entire life. and my insurance didn't go up much under either RomneyCare (MA) or ACA. I did get more for my money tho, like physicals being included, my kid being on the policy later.

The basic laws of economics are hard - I know - but just try to understand them. Someone pays. As it stands right now the US Government pays 2/3 of ALL health care costs in this country. This is because people like you don't want to pay your honest way (excuse me if you ARE paying 8K plus per person per year)....

And so, we all let the health care costs go to the debt and deficit instead.

BTW, it makes perfect sense that so-called "contractors" (who are falsely called self employed) who are often the result of corporations trying to skip out of real employment obligations....are hit by having to put more "skin in the game".

You know - it's strange that the GOP called for more and higher payments for health care - as "skin in the game" for years. Now....as his first act...the POTUS decides to try and do away with skin in the game, an action which will result in more debt and deficit and more abuse of the system.

It only makes sense in a warped world.

As long as you allow the health care corporations to take advantage of all of us (and the US government, which is also "us")...we will continue to pay 50% more than the rest of the world for care which often falls short.

That's capitalism....just as The Don can take tax money, take investors and bondholders and then go bankrupt leaving everyone else holding the bag.....
No I won't excuse you. You know nothing about me and I find your assumptions offensive. It is clear from your posts that there is a lot you don't know.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:

Hey, isn't the White House and Capital blown up regularly in movies and video games? I think nukes did away with it in "Man in the High Castle" that I am watching now (along with millions of others)....

Let's not pretend Madonna saying what she "feels like" means anything much. In fact, if we take her literally what she said was "I feel like getting violent but I know I have better ways to fight this scourge"..

You'd think that would be a positive.
It is sad if a person can't see reality and fiction as two different things.

Just to explain....Madonna spoke as a private person and not in the role as singer or as an actress which she not is as far as I'm aware other then at some point she was taped in the role as a reality "star". She did speak as a 'celebrity" and a huge fool and dumb person but she is responsible and liable for the words she used.

When the White House is blown up in a movie that is fiction!

I can see that the poster of this original post as well as many snow flakes need to realize that;

say it, forget it (if there are no witnesses)
write it, regret it

and if you say it on TV and read it from a piece of paper and say these are your thoughts then it count for real!

I will enjoy to see how the FBI will investigate and actually hope she will be put on a list of suspicious people!

Btw England may see her as a dangerous person and may not allow her to enter in the future! That will be too bad as I rather see her leave the country! She is everything except a role model!

Old 01-22-2017, 02:26 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Mine has gone up in the hundreds of dollars every year since Obummer care started. At this rate in a few years I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. And I would get penalized on top of that. Whoopee. You aren't self employed and have no idea where I'm coming from, right?

I AM self-employed. I just sent in a large quarterly tax payment (for 4th qtr) to the US Treasury 2 weeks ago. I am thinking about retiring in the next few years but I will be younger than 65 so need health insurance before Medicare kicks in. I have the money to pay for a policy, but not sure if I can get one. I'm worried about how to get health insurance once ACA is repealed. I am thinking I might be forced to get a job at an employer that offers health insurance and might be forced to work there until age 65 when I am eligible for Medicare.

Either that or go without health insurance but I don't want to take that risk in case something big comes up (althouth healthy now) . Because then I might be forced with 2 choices if some big health issue occurs: Risk death due to not getting health care that is costly(such as chemo or surgery) or go broke paying massive health care bills because you didn't have insurance.

I hope and pray that Trump and the GOP congress keeps the current ACA pre-existing clause and keeps the clause the doesn't allow insurers to cancel policies if people get sick. Pre ACA my aunt was a small business owner and had her own health insurance policy. After she got cancer and had surgery to get half her lung removed - her insurer cancelled her policy even though the premium was paid on time every month. The policy was active the day she went into the hospital for her lung surgery and was pre-approved and the doctors were in-network. A month later, while she was recovering, the insurer refused to pay the claim and cancelled her policy. Insurers cannot do this now with ACA. If this protection is removed, self employed will be at the mercy of insurance companies. They(ins companies) did this before when you had large claims(cancelled policy and refused to pay claims that occurred while policy was active ) because they looked for ways to get out of paying. People with insurance through their jobs don't have such risks because it's individual policies sold on the open market that have these risks. Or they did Pre-ACA. Self employed and small business owners were the biggest consumers of these individual (non-group) policies.

Last edited by sware2cod; 01-22-2017 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-22-2017, 02:26 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Something stunted these women's growth mentally and emotionally and it wasn't Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies