Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,621,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, no.

All that is needed is for the people who marched to believe in themselves.
So, just join the biggest group of people and you are automatically in the right?

So why all the talk about changing the problems for women in other places in the world? Sharia law for example. I think its horrible and degrading to women. In other parts of the world it is the majority of people that want it and follow it. They believe in it. By your way of thinking it makes them right. Why then should anyone think about helping women held under its thumb in of foreign country? You would be going against the majority there. Or the mutilation of girls in other parts of the world. How long has that been going on and been practiced by how many? Perfect example of how a lot of people together can be wrong.

Thinking about these things makes me want to ask this. I know its horrible what people suffer sometimes, but if it is places in the world where the US has no authority and people choose their way of life over what we think is right, can we really go in a do anything? Is is to wrong to think they might reject the democracy we believe to be right?

I think my first choice for those I'd want to help is North Korea. The entire population are slaves to one lunatic and they are totally cut off from the rest of the world. If anything could really be done I would want to give these poor people priority, but wouldn't it take a war where so many of ours would be killed? Is it worth that? Is it better to just help our own people here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:31 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,517,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It is your logic that is faulty.

While you may be a big fan of JayZ, the fact is that many people couldn't even tell you who he is. But very few Americans are unaware of who their President is today. Greater message?
I would bet you any amount of money that three times as many people under 30 could name who Beyoncé's husband is while not knowing who Trump's running mate was.

You must be really out of touch.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:33 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,517,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know. You tell me ~ how many?

BTW - I didn't vote for Bill Clinton so . .
None. Just like Trump won't pass any "it's legal to grab p**sy" laws.

It didn't matter that you didn't vote for Clinton, the fact remains that just like Clinton didn't remove sexual assault laws, neither will Trump.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:36 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,636,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Incoherent message. Ineffective public self-indulgent temper tantrum that is viewed as exactly such.

It is disturbing that a girl was deliberately mistreated at a "supposed" women's march. And that's exactly why no one takes those whiners seriously. They don't walk the walk.
Yeah, it's disturbing. Basically anyone pro-Trump was a target. They're mad about the woman's right to choose for her body, but they won't allow a woman the right to choose her candidate.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:37 AM

42,763 posts, read 26,041,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Marches with a specific goal have can have an effect. Marches with a hundred complaints all screaming at once just look like plain old bit#hing.
good one! I will add that to my list of Trumpian rationalizations for the event that they want the World to forget about

Old 01-23-2017, 10:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,922,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How were they excluded? Virtually all of the marches took place in public spaces, in some cases with hundreds of thousands of participants.
Can you say with any authority, and a straight face, that not a single one of those marchers was pro-life?
Riiight.

You cherry pick the most negative things you can find and completely ignore the majority that were positive and uplifting.

Sad.
They were disinvited by the organizer because they were pro-life. But I guess if it goes against the meme (lie) of "compassion and fairness" y'all are trying to push...

Quote:
The organizers of a women's protest march set to hit the streets of Washington D.C. the day after Donald Trump's inauguration said Monday it had dropped one of its partner organizations because the group opposes abortion.
Pro-life group dropped from list of partners for inauguration protest march | Fox News

Sad, just sad...

Old 01-23-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
good one! I will add that to my list of Trumpian rationalizations for the event that they want the World to forget about
Whatever gets you through the night...

Old 01-23-2017, 10:44 AM

42,763 posts, read 26,041,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
So, just join the biggest group of people and you are automatically in the right?

So why all the talk about changing the problems for women in other places in the world? Sharia law for example. I think its horrible and degrading to women. In other parts of the world it is the majority of people that want it and follow it. They believe in it. By your way of thinking it makes them right. Why then should anyone think about helping women held under its thumb in of foreign country? You would be going against the majority there. Or the mutilation of girls in other parts of the world. How long has that been going on and been practiced by how many? Perfect example of how a lot of people together can be wrong.

Thinking about these things makes me want to ask this. I know its horrible what people suffer sometimes, but if it is places in the world where the US has no authority and people choose their way of life over what we think is right, can we really go in a do anything? Is is to wrong to think they might reject the democracy we believe to be right?

I think my first choice for those I'd want to help is North Korea. The entire population are slaves to one lunatic and they are totally cut off from the rest of the world. If anything could really be done I would want to give these poor people priority, but wouldn't it take a war where so many of ours would be killed? Is it worth that? Is it better to just help our own people here?
You are desperate to diminish the magnitude of the women's march and simultaneously marginalize the participants..but it ain't working. People have the capacity to be concerned about more than one thing at a time, i.e. I can worry about whether I need to buy gas for my car at the same time I'm worrying about whether I left the house without locking the front door, get it?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:47 AM

1,160 posts, read 709,983 times
gross. Listening to Ashley Judd's Women's March speech. Absolutely disgusting. They should be ashamed.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yeah, it's disturbing. Basically anyone pro-Trump was a target. They're mad about the woman's right to choose for her body, but they won't allow a woman the right to choose her candidate.
Because it seems the truth of the matter is that the Ovarian March was only about that the Democrats lost. All the other babble was just tossed in as a banner to march under with the full understanding that none of it will mean a thing 60 days from now.

Now that these people have (hopefully) walked off their angst and anguish over the election loss (because THAT is what the march was about) they can go back to whatever their normal life is and back to the sidelines (or trolling on forums) where they've been for the last decade or 5...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies