Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 11:46 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
why though, thats pushing your beliefs and ideas on to the young.. Two of my granddaughter who are in their late teens attend some parades but thats their choice..
The fact is...families usually do raise their children with their beliefs and values. Some raise their children to go to church, some raise their children to stand up for others and fight for things they feel are worth fighting for.

My girls were raised in my husbands religion (I do not follow one) and as they got older (teens) we allowed them to decide for themselves if they wish to stay in it. They chose not to. No harm no foul.My girls are raised to show compassion to all people regardless of race, sexiual oritentation, religion, etc... They are taught to stand up for themselves and not be bullied or allow others to be bullied. They are taught that they should always make their voices heard. If I was to attend a rally and my kids didn't want to go, they don't have to. I attend PRIDE events and they can come or not. I don't force my kids to do anything. I still raise them in things I feel are right and let them choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What society would that be?

I know of none within the US that "values" abortion and would not rather have prevention of unwanted pregnancies.

Most people like myself who are for the availability of legal abortion as a necessity would much prefer that there was no need for it at all because people would use birth control.
Most people who oppose "my body, my choice" oppose unrestricted abortion.

As an example, I feel any woman should be able to get a first trimester abortion for any reason. At the second trimester, some restrictions should kick in. By the third trimester, they should be highly restricted, but still available for some reasons. Every time I say that here, I'm attacked by both sides. The pro-choice extremists are usually the most vocal and most inflexible. They also seem to be the most unreasonable.

BTW, I want condoms available in my district's high school and want my local government to make contraceptives easily available.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What society would that be?

I know of none within the US that "values" abortion and would not rather have prevention of unwanted pregnancies.

Most people like myself who are for the availability of legal abortion as a necessity would much prefer that there was no need for it at all because people would use birth control.
The one the left is trying to make us look like.

Birth control is not some ancient concept......most people get pregnant due to unprotected sex. It cost less than 30 days of coffee at Starbucks. So why the worry it is being taken away? Abortion is a law with Roe v Wade so to reverse this is not the President job.

Why is it none of you and I mean none of you, self proclaimed human rights activists talk about partial birth abortion, this is what is trying to be stopped. Yet, ALL of you ignore it and ask another silly question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most people who oppose "my body, my choice" oppose unrestricted abortion.

As an example, I feel any woman should be able to get a first trimester abortion for any reason. At the second trimester, some restrictions should kick in. By the third trimester, they should be highly restricted, but still available for some reasons. Every time I say that here, I'm attacked by both sides. The pro-choice extremists are usually the most vocal and most inflexible. They also seem to be the most unreasonable.

Thank you! Sad to see a man has to spell it out for women who fight for women's rights, unless, you're an unborn child.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:49 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
For one thing Madonna offered sexual favors to people if they vote Hillary. So she's a *****. And the talk about wanting to burn the white house down. Really? Please don't follow any protest she's leading because it makes women look bad. Not only that, quit listening to celebrities. They prove over and over again that they aren't our smartest people. The smartest things they ever say are usually written by someone else and handed to them in a movie script or song lyrics. Most of these people are dumb dumbs. And quit dying your hair weird colors because its probably why you don't have a job and have time to attend these destructive protests.
I am also not "proud" of the march...but if someone does it peacefully, I have no issues. When people start flicking lighters in to other people's hair...I've got a problem. If others around that lighter flicking person denounce the actions of the lighter flicking person...I don't have a problem as long as they don't hide that person from justice.

As for Madonna...when I was a very little kid, I liked her music. Little kids like Barney, too, so it's not like we have good taste when we are young. It wasn't until I heard about her "book"...I forget what it was called...that was filled with images of her in raunchy...er...positions. I have been disgusted by her ever since. Total *****. I do not care what she says. I find her repulsive and pretty much everything that comes out of her mouth is nasty. People let their fame go to their heads...but then again, some people eat up every single action and word that celebrities say so I guess it's no wonder celebrities spout off about things they have little to no knowledge about.

As for dying hair...come on. Most of these people are pretty young...so what if they dye their hair. I used to dye my hair colors...I never looked like Rainbow Brite, but I definitely tried out jet black, blonde, a sort of reddish with purplish tints....and I still had employment. It's not fair to say that because someone has dyed their hair or has tattoos or even some piercings that they are unemployed. If they go overboard with some of the things that cannot be undone...they always have the circus shows. Seriously. Most of the people that I see that are homeless have no dyed hair, no tattooes, no piercings. Hair dye isn't permanent. It doesn't matter.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:50 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Madonna was 1 person at 1 march. Why would you allow 1 person out of 5 million to taint your view of the whole thing? "dumb dumbs?" really? This has to be the weakest post I've seen on this subject yet.

Because a lot of leftists take their marching orders and even thinking from the celebrities they worship.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The one the left is trying to make us look like.

Birth control is not some ancient concept......most people get pregnant due to unprotected sex. It cost less than 30 days of coffee at Starbucks. So why the worry it is being taken away? Abortion is a law with Roe v Wade so to reverse this is not the President job.

Why is it none of you and I mean none of you, self proclaimed human rights activists talk about partial birth abortion, this is what is trying to be stopped. Yet, ALL of you ignore it and ask another silly question.
Do you have any stats as to the prevalence of partial birth abortion? How often does it happen and why?

I'll gladly read any links you provide if you will consider mine:

""Partial-birth abortion" is illegal in the U.S. Politicians who bring up "partial birth abortion" do so because they know it can spur strong and visceral reactions of disgust and moral indignation, not because it's especially relevant to U.S. health care, morals, or laws circa 2016. For 13 years, since 2003, federal law has prohibited physicians from performing D&X procedures, aka partial birth abortions, at any point in a pregnancy."

Late-Term Abortions Are Rare and 'Partial Birth Abortions' Illegal. Why Do They Keep Dominating the Reproductive-Rights Debate? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

"No, Late-Term Abortions Don't 'Rip' Babies Out Of Wombs -- And They Exist For A Reason"

Forbes Welcome

Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, they are. They are real women. You don't like their message, okay. But they are every bit as real a woman as your wife.
Real women don't wear vaginas on their faces. One reporter walked up to a women wearing one of those and has he was looking at her outfit, she directed him to her eyes and said, "my eyes are up here"......WTH, was she talking about!

Nope! These are not my women or my voice..

Old 01-23-2017, 11:56 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not true. I've brought the subject up several other times. Usually when lefties ignorantly try to claim that anyone who objects to Muslim cultural behavior is a bigot/xenophobe. Sorry, calling me names that don't even apply will never get me to support the execution of gays or female genital mutilation, etc. But the left can endorse those if they wish, so as to not be a bigot/xenophobe don't you know.

The point is that I didn't selfishly spend money on myself to participate in a narcissistic self-indulgent temper tantrum march that not only didn't help women and children in need, it served to increase mega-corporations' profits (transportation, hotels, restaurants, etc.). I donate to programs and services that provide help for women and children in critical need, instead.
How dare you tell other people how and what to do with themselves, while wasting time on this forum, whilst patting yourself on the back, instead of spending every spare moment of your life protesting what you just said EVERY OTHER WOMAN HAS TO PROTEST ONLY (you have NO idea what other help or donations these women have given) OR ELSE THEY'RE LYING HYPOCRITES.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:00 PM

1,160 posts, read 712,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, they are. They are real women. You don't like their message, okay. But they are every bit as real a woman as your wife.
they're biologically female, yes.

someone, preferably their parents should have taught them basic decorum. Then perhaps they'd know how to be women, know how to keep a significant other, and actually be HAPPY.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
For all of you who express concerns about issues you did not see addressed at the march, consider this your invitation to share how we can lend our help to your cause, e.g. FGM. Where do those of us who want to make that a priority go to help end this barbaric practice? Please do share. And if this is a cause you have embraced already, please let me say a huge thank you for standing up for those women who have been brutally maimed by genital mutilation.

Also, thank you to the women who have patiently addressed criticism without violent words or personal attacks. I think perhaps it's past time to give up on bridging the ideological gap here at C-D and refocus our efforts on the organizations that will help us achieve our individual goals, whether that's funding PP, ending abortion, stopping FGM, fighting bigotry, stopping the wall, or any other cause. Thanks for a rousing discussion. I love seeing such passion from women, even when we disagree. Let this be our call to fight against not Donald Trump, but against complacency. Now go forth and do good things! Best regards...RP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies