Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 04:03 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,459,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL have at it.

She didn't just criticize the women (including a 21 year old intern who was clearly taken advantage of by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES). She denied the truth of many of their allegations long after it was obvious that there was persistent pattern of sexual predator behavior and even sexual assault by her husband. She ridiculed them publicly - for decades. She vowed to "destroy them" from her position of considerably more power than they had.

His behavior was despicable and her enabling of that behavior was also despicable.

And I wasn't criticizing her work as a defense attorney - I was criticizing her hard hearted, cruel laughter and response to a tragic case - a case in which she KNEW the man she was representing had raped a 12 year old child.

Yeah - she makes me pretty sick. I don't apologize for the feeling of nausea I get when I look at her, and her smarmy husband.

Of course, I can't say much better about Trump and Melania. Terrible choices all the way around in this last election. I feel sorry for our country if this is the best we've got to offer.

I mean honestly - our choices were Bill and Hillary Clinton - one of the most nauseating political couples to ever hit the public sector - or Donald and Melania Trump - God help us.

I'll probably make everyone all the way around mad, but I don't like ANY of those people. My issues with Hillary, though, go deeper than my lack of respect for the way she has enabled Bill Clinton all these years - I don't like her policies, I am unimpressed with her professional track record, and I don't think she has the stamina necessary for one of the most demanding jobs in the world.

When Melania Trump runs for public office, let me know, by the way.
Can't rep you twice so a manual rep it is! Great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 04:24 PM

13,500 posts, read 9,998,136 times
Quote:
I hope you don't point to Hillary Clinton as a role model for how a strong wife and woman would handle such a situation, if your daughter hooks up with a predator like Bill Clinton.
What? That doesn't even make sense. Why would I point to Hillary Clinton as to how to handle a situation in which she (hypothetically) is hooking up with Hillary Clinton's husband?

I said I expect my daughter to use her judgment as an adult. Which I was able to do, and which has never, or never will, include hooking up with a married man.

Monica Lewinsky did not make the right judgment call - she's has never said the affair was anything but consensual. She's accepted responsibility for her part in it, I actually have a lot of respect for her - I think she suffered greatly for her transgression - and I don't know why you won't take her at her word.

Most 22 year old women know sleeping with a married man - I don't care who the eff he is - is not the right choice. And in all the myriad of information that came out after the affair, there was no info that indicated Monica was not a willing participant.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What? That doesn't even make sense. Why would I point to Hillary Clinton as to how to handle a situation in which she (hypothetically) is hooking up with Hillary Clinton's husband?

I said I expect my daughter to use her judgment as an adult. Which I was able to do, and which has never, or never will, include hooking up with a married man.

Monica Lewinsky did not make the right judgment call - she's has never said the affair was anything but consensual. She's accepted responsibility for her part in it, I actually have a lot of respect for her - I think she suffered greatly for her transgression - and I don't know why you won't take her at her word.

Most 22 year old women know sleeping with a married man - I don't care who the eff he is - is not the right choice. And in all the myriad of information that came out after the affair, there was no info that indicated Monica was not a willing participant.

Quote:
Furthermore, sexual harassment is more likely to occur when there are
large power differences. The supervisor-employee dyad best characterizes an unequal
distribution of power. Legitimate power gives the supervisor the capacity to reward and
coerce a lower-ranking employee. That is, supervisors control resources that most
employees want, such as favorable performance evaluations, salary increases,
promotions, and the like. Consequently, the less powerful individual is put in a difficult
situation.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
http://www.nationalforum.com/Electro...0N1%202010.pdf

Just an interesting policy from a university, on "consensual" sexual relations between students and faculty:
Quote:
A consensual sexual relationship between a faculty member and a student, particularly when the faculty member is in a position of power, will irreparably undermine this professional relationship. The issue of power and control over the student remains so strong in a sexual relationship that voluntary consent by a student is improbable and highly questionable. What one thinks is voluntary consent may be only forced consent, which the hidden, subtle pressure stemming from the faculty member's position of power has transformed into a "voluntary" act. Such a relationship creates an inevitable conflict of interest when the teacher makes judgments about a student's work. The appearance of impropriety to the University community, which such relationships produce, casts doubt on the faculty member's academic decision concerning a particular student's performance, the faculty member's overall professionalism and credibility, and the genuineness of the student's accomplishments where the faculty member is directly supervising and teaching the student. In addition, problems arise when a student who had a prior relationship with the faculty member, needs or wants to take a class taught by that faculty member or otherwise needs his/her assistance. As a result, even where there is no power or authority of the faculty member over the student, consensual sexual relationships are discouraged between faculty/student.
https://www.smu.edu/IAE/PoliciesandP...-Relationships

Oh, and here's another one - from a university in Maine:
Quote:
“Consenting relationships may constitute sexual harassment under this policy. When a professional power differential exists between members of the University of Maine System and a romantic or sexual relationship develops, there is a potential for abuse of that power, even in relationships of apparent mutual consent. Faculty and staff members are strongly advised not to engage in such relationships. Further, the University prohibits the abuse of power in romantic or sexual relationships.”

“To assure that power is not abused and to maintain an environment free of sexual harassment, a faculty or staff member must eliminate any current or potential conflict of interest by removing himself or herself from decisions affecting the other person in the relationship. Decisions affecting the other person include grading, evaluating, supervising, or otherwise influencing that person’s education, employment, housing, or participating in athletics or any other University activity.”
http://www.maine.edu/about-the-syste...relationships/

Seems like common sense to me.

Quote:
In some cases, a person may be able to show that advances were unwelcome even though he or she didn’t protest or say so at the time. “Consensual” isn’t the same thing as ”welcome,” experts say. It all comes down to a close analysis of any given situation.
https://www.propublica.org/blog/item...than-you-think

I actually do take Monica Lewinsky's word for what happened - much moreso than either Clinton's word for it.

Yes, she was complicit but she also clearly stated that Clinton abused his position and power with her. Anyone with any shred of common sense and honesty can see the vast disparity between their positions of power - or lack thereof.

She even said many times over the years that she wouldn't have minded if he'd just been honest about their relationship, but she was dismayed that he threw her under the bus like a used napkin. I've paraphrased that because I am sick of thinking about her, and her affair with Clinton, and I don't want to google the quote again but that was the gist of it.

In fact, I'm so sick of thinking about the Clintons and Monica Lewinsky and the whole tacky, smarmy mess that I'm done discussing it.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 01-25-2017 at 04:55 PM..

Old 01-25-2017, 05:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,215,257 times
Quote:
You nailed it.

The Clintons' marriage - and the Trumps' marriage - makes me yearn for the days of the Carters, the Reagans, and even the Fords and Bushes. I mean, at least we weren't being subjected to what is such abysmally disgusting "news" that the Kardashians seem like moral paragons compared to the Presidents and their wives!

Kanye West for President - I'm just waiting for it. Or for Trump to give him some sort of job in the administration. Then the picture will be complete - Melania and Kim can attend galas together and everyone can gush over their, errr, assets.

I did like that little hat Monica used to wear though. I always had that song "You Can Leave Your Hat On" playing in my mind when I'd see pictures of her in that beret.
... Says the person who helped put them in the WH. I noticed you conspicuously left the Obamas off your list. We just had an enviable couple living in the WH for the last 8 years.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,584,628 times
Gotta love all the knuckle-dragging Neanderthals and their gal-pals who are now experts on feminism and the mission statement of the march. Carry on, y'all look more foolish with each post.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:28 PM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
This^is what it was actually about.
What makes you say that? Did you interview the participants and that's what they told you? That's the only way you could know.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,573,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is naïve. If you have information and threaten to expose something that can ruin a powerful persons life, you are always at risk. Paula Jones, after rejecting Bills disgusting advances, was stalked by Clintons goons and given friendly reminders that they are watching. Statie goons were not rocket scientists so there are plenty of witnesses to this intimidation, thus the settlement.

Clintons are corrupt to the deepest core. I agree with Bill Maher saying now we should never hear from them again.

Hillary is the last person to represent American women, it would have been a terrible disservice to have her be our first female president.
LOL. Even Trump said Paula Jones was a gold digger looking for money.

And he should know.

Besides, why are you still deflecting to the Clintons? Neither one is president now.

The serial adulterer, Trump, is president.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,573,580 times
Quote:
http://www.nationalforum.com/Electro...0N1%202010.pdf

Just an interesting policy from a university, on "consensual" sexual relations between students and faculty:

https://www.smu.edu/IAE/PoliciesandP...-Relationships

Oh, and here's another one - from a university in Maine:

Guidelines Regarding Consenting Relationships - University of Maine System

Seems like common sense to me.

https://www.propublica.org/blog/item...than-you-think

I actually do take Monica Lewinsky's word for what happened - much moreso than either Clinton's word for it.

Yes, she was complicit but she also clearly stated that Clinton abused his position and power with her. Anyone with any shred of common sense and honesty can see the vast disparity between their positions of power - or lack thereof.

She even said many times over the years that she wouldn't have minded if he'd just been honest about their relationship, but she was dismayed that he threw her under the bus like a used napkin. I've paraphrased that because I am sick of thinking about her, and her affair with Clinton, and I don't want to google the quote again but that was the gist of it.

In fact, I'm so sick of thinking about the Clintons and Monica Lewinsky and the whole tacky, smarmy mess that I'm done discussing it.
What does any of this have to do with voting for a serial adulterer for President?

President Grab Em by the Kitty.

Heavily endorsed by Wang Dang Sweet Poontang - Ted Nugent. Another choirboy of the right.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:32 PM

35,760 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
I hope you don't point to Hillary Clinton as a role model for how a strong wife and woman would handle such a situation, if your daughter hooks up with a predator like Bill Clinton.
I do not know how commited hilly was, maybe a relationship with God made here stay. We really should not Judge anyone for following God's laws. I'm not a fan of Bill but- I respect hilly for dong what she thought was right for her family. I knew from early on do not play with the puppy or he will lick your face! Why they get close or be alone with a married man? But now to see how The potus carries himself us what we need to be watching, not marching ladies.
Btw. Monica had a previous affair w a married teacher... No novice

Old 01-25-2017, 05:34 PM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Oh yeah, and after staring at this thread for more than a thousand posts, I have to say...

It should be "I am a woman who..."

You are not a thing, dear. You are a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies