Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 11:11 PM

37,055 posts, read 42,009,908 times

Advertisements

Yes. I'll let you know in a couple of years how I feel about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 11:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,397,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Pretty simple, logically thought out and well constructed road map towards answering this recurring question.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zcXLfuVG7...low-Chart.jpeg

So if Donald Trump is not your president, time to start packing. Otherwise, get a job, pay your fair share with your own money and enjoy the prosperity. This is the formula for a truly great America.
"Pay your fair share" say the Trump shills... conveniently oblivious to the fact that Trump has basically evaded taxes for years.

Meanwhile, I - one of those liberals who hate Trump - pays 31% EFFECTIVE (not marginal) tax burden to the government and another 8.5% to my state. Almost 40% of my paycheck goes poof before it gets to me. Get back to me when Trump and his businesses pay that share.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:08 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,794,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I am a citizen, not a subject of this great country. He is the president.

I cannot imagine being excited about telling someone, "Oh, yes indeed! Trump is my president!"
This is plausible. I'm not sure but the word "my" seems to signify one of three things:
-You chose him
-You interact with him on a daily basis
-He was assigned to you at birth
None of these are true so how can it be my? I mean if you go to a grocery store and you've shopped there a couple of times so that would make you a customer, would you say my cashier? Or would you say the cashier?
Not to mention if he was your president then we would be his citizens but he wouldn't call us his citizens if he were to be factually correct. He would just call us the citizens.

The only exception to this rule would be I did not choose my cable company but it's still mine. However even then you wouldn't say MY cable man (not even to the CEO). You'd just say my company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies