Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

We also had an increase in our deductible from $ 3000 to now a whopping $ 6000.-!

Obamacare was about a reduction of $ 2500 we should receive and we got zero as our premium never was higher so we never saw any relief.

Obama lied that we could keep our plan which we had to change approx. 1.5-2 years ago when we were told our plan was not in compliance with Obamacare and they would no longer be able to offer that plan.

In order to keep our premiums lower we chose to get a higher deductible as otherwise our premiums would be even higher.

I understand many Obama fans don't care as they either chose not to get health care or laugh at people being suckers for paying these high premiums.

I feel like a sucker for being played by Obama!

That is an important reason why I support Trump as he is the one who understood people like our family and the struggles to keep paying for health care and other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 03:49 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Oh PCALMIKE???

How about that oblunder care, another victim of it...

Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Where are the dems to defend Obamacare?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Where are the dems to defend Obamacare?
They can't afford internet anymore if they have Obamacare

Old 01-22-2017, 06:00 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Poor you! That's about a 8% annual rate of increase which would be consistent or lower than historical norms. But nevermind. Soon you will be able to sock away a couple hundred a month in an HSA, buy a cheap policy that won't pay for much of anything and gets cancelled when you use it, and - get this - receive an AUTOMATIC LOAN from your friendly Wall Street crook/banker when you or a family member has anything more than a cold that needs treatment. It will be beautiful. Believe me.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:07 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We also had an increase in our deductible from $ 3000 to now a whopping $ 6000.-!

Obamacare was about a reduction of $ 2500 we should receive and we got zero as our premium never was higher so we never saw any relief.

Obama lied that we could keep our plan which we had to change approx. 1.5-2 years ago when we were told our plan was not in compliance with Obamacare and they would no longer be able to offer that plan.

In order to keep our premiums lower we chose to get a higher deductible as otherwise our premiums would be even higher.

I understand many Obama fans don't care as they either chose not to get health care or laugh at people being suckers for paying these high premiums.

That is an important reason why I support Trump as he is the one who understood people like our family and the struggles to keep paying for health care and other things.
That's crazy. I'm more and more leaning towards hoping for universal healthcare. I don't care if they need a national sales tax to fund it anymore. Anything is better than what we've had for a long time.
If you're sick you should be able to receive healthcare without having to file for bankruptcy or use a big chunk of savings as a deductible. Many middle class people now pay as much for insurance as they do their rent or mortgage. What a horrible situation.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:08 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
There are crucial details missing from this anecdote.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Interesting. Our premium for an employer-subsidized family plan was just a little less than that ten years ago and before the ACA. Fortunately, we moved and had access to a less expensive plan through a new employer.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:15 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Obamacare is the major failure of Obama. My premium has doubled every year since it was implemented. My plan has been cancelled two years in a row. Hopefully Trump realizes this is the real major problem fix.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:21 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Interesting. Our premium for an employer-subsidized family plan was just a little less than that ten years ago and before the ACA. Fortunately, we moved and had access to a less expensive plan through a new employer.
EXACTLY. I refuse to believe that anyone had a comprehensive, individually purchased family plan for $3600/ year in 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies