Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 07:33 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't know about you but the only way to get though this will be diplomacy with Russia Trump needs to use Nato to work out a plan to de-escalate. No one is going to get 100% their way but hopefully Trump will be able to work out a plan everyone can live with. Us Vr Russian troops in a war will lead to use of Nuclear weapons first tactical then later strategic. It's too easy to use them now days not enough time for heads to cool down.
yep Good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 07:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Kind of hard to have military superiority without our Defense Industry making money.
It's a shame they don't take the label Defense Industry seriously.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:39 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well,

The reason the European NATO members have been spending far less is because 1) they are more isolationist than the USA and 2) they have stronger anti-war sentiment. Another big reason is because NATO believes more in solving conflicts via diplomacy and rules.

They cannot have both. Either they pay up (pay for their protection), or think about defending themselves.

p.s. I really don't mean to be difficult here, but like you said, your son is four. I think talking about the future what if situation is kind of cheap.. People actually have family members and friends serving NOW, and not every damn war is worth fighting.
Who the hell is talking about fighting a war?

Say what you want about the rest of NATO, Poland takes its commitment seriously for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't know about you but the only way to get though this will be diplomacy with Russia Trump needs to use Nato to work out a plan to de-escalate. No one is going to get 100% their way but hopefully Trump will be able to work out a plan everyone can live with. Us Vr Russian troops in a war will lead to use of Nuclear weapons first tactical then later strategic. It's too easy to use them now days not enough time for heads to cool down.
Diplomacy is easier to back up when there's a show of force behind it. We've already seen what Russia thinks of America's "diplomacy" when it's all talk.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:45 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Who the hell is talking about fighting a war?

Say what you want about the rest of NATO, Poland takes its commitment seriously for obvious reasons..
I don't think this conversation is going anywhere.

You might want to try a fair and balanced approach towards this subject in stead of acting so defensive. (which you have no reasons to)

Poland is part of the Nato alliance since 1999, but the USA pretty much provides most of the defense it requires, including nuclear, to deter Russian aggression. In 2014 Russia invaded Crimea, and the Poles got nervous. At that time they declared that the American commitment to defend them was “worthless” and America came forward to defend them but felt a real lack of appreciation.

Do you know that?

Old 01-22-2017, 07:52 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's a shame they don't take the label Defense Industry seriously.
Its just a label. You could call it the War Industry, The weapons for peace industry, or any other name and it wouldnt change much. I'm an Aerospace Engineer in the Defense Industry and I primarely work on weapon's programs that are Defense only, but I have worked on the variety of programs that were not. Either way, without this Industry and the capabilities we have, we would not have the country we have.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:53 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Poland has sent their sons to die at our request. And if my son or daughter want to join the military when they are of age, that's their prerogative.
You come back when your kids are of age and tell us what you think. When my kids were little during the Iraq war and I saw parents receiving flags in place of their child, each time it made me cry. Easy to say this when its your child not on the frontline, for unjust wars!

If America needs protecting that is the only time they should serve. Let these people deal with their own. No one has died protecting America, yet we send ours to protect those who will not rise up and protect their own land. Like young men here from the Middle East going to college, while a lot of parents have to visit a grave site to honor their child that died on foreign soil.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Its just a label. You could call it the War Industry, The weapons for peace industry, or any other name and it wouldnt change much. I'm an Aerospace Engineer in the Defense Industry and I primarely work on weapon's programs that are Defense only, but I have worked on the variety of programs that were not. Either way, without this Industry and the capabilities we have, we would not have the country we have.
Oh, can you explain why we need spend more on our military than the next 7-10 countries combined to defend a country surrounded by 2 oceans and 2 friendly countries?

Old 01-22-2017, 07:59 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well we gave Poland to Russia after WWII why should they trust us?
Anyway, it's not our concern.
LMAO *gave*.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law and we'd have paid massively in blood to try to take it back.

Let's at least be honest about this.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:01 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, can you explain why we need spend more on our military than the next 7-10 countries combined to defend a country surrounded by 2 oceans and 2 friendly countries?
Yes, I can.

Start picking up some history books and join me when you're ready.

Is it the right decision? Mmmmmm to some extent perhaps but most people don't understand the economic repercussions of being the biggest baddest junk yard dog and what favors and deals other countries will do for you if you protect them.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LMAO *gave*.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law and we'd have paid massively in blood to try to take it back.

Let's at least be honest about this.
You'd think they would have learned from the lesson from History if you appease evil by offering up Poland, it won't stop there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies