Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 08:41 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,232,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Lot's of people crying that Obama is no longer President.

What did he do for you the past 8 years?

Do you just 'miss' Obama because you are 'fearful' of Trump or hate Trump?
Mmm. DOW near 2000.
Thriving auto industry
4.5 unemployment
Millions more insured
To be decimated with the stroke of a pen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:13 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Lot's of people crying that Obama is no longer President.

What did he do for you the past 8 years?

Do you just 'miss' Obama because you are 'fearful' of Trump or hate Trump?
Not crying at all. He made me be proud of our country with his grace and style. I didn't like everything he did but he did the best he could with a congress who wouldn't work with him. I'm sure we all remember McConnell saying on day one that their priority was making him a one term president. So when McConnell said that I knew it would be nothing but gridlock. And it was disheartening that he wasn't willing to work with Obama. And why ask people here what he did. You just need to google it.

I'm fearful of a narcissist like Trump running our country. You have to have a thick skin which he doesn't have. And quite honestly, that scares me. I also don't like his lies although maybe he really believes what he says, which is even more scary.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:24 PM

636 posts, read 392,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Not only higher taxes but my income is down $10,000 a year for the last 8 years due to Obama and the DemoncRats ... and they wonder why they lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Really? You're in the wrong field then, my income went up 250% between Oct 08 and Nov 16

Interesting

So, good things happened while Obama was president and bad things happened while Obama was president.

I imagine it'll be the same with Trump

[/trying to make a salient point to the P&oC crowd]

Old 01-23-2017, 11:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Mmm. DOW near 2000.
Thriving auto industry
4.5 unemployment
Millions more insured
To be decimated with the stroke of a pen
Unemployment rate doesn't take into account all the people not counted .
Even Bernie Sanders , a Democrat has been vocal about this .
The real unemployment rate is not 4.5 percent .

Old 01-24-2017, 12:12 AM

101 posts, read 127,572 times
I hate to say it but corporate democrats like Clinton, Booker, Schumer, are the reason why people voted for Trump, you can't be for the working class if you you're party has so many deep in Wall Street and corporations. I probably can include Obama here has well. Plus, the DNC robbed the Dems of a real candidate who would have fought for the people in Bernie, more than any other candidate for sure. Maybe many disagree on a lot of issues, with Bernie, but he would have been for the people in this county.

There are people in this country who are scared about jobs, have thrown plenty of blame around and Trump capitalized on it while Hillary called these people deplorable ....sadly, people are going to learn that Trump, like many of our politicians on both sides, is a con man. I probably could say the same for Obama to an extent. How come nobody on the left ever question Obama hard enough on why the Democrats didn't push a public option and cost controls hard enough which is the plan the hard progressive favored? He had two years to do it in his first term and failed to do it, and instead, the Democrats passed a right wing health care plan based on subsidies with no cost controls, which is no different from the GOP. right wing healthcare plan in the early 90s, and Romneycare. How come nobody is questioning how Arne Duncan, who has a disaster as secretary of education, and has a lot of the same visions as Betsy DeVos does.

Still Obama, did many good things, and there are some good things in Obamacare, like protecting people with preexisting conditions, and allowing people to stay on their parents coverage until 26. And he provided great leadership and hope when we needed it most in his first term economic crisis. But it's how he carried himself with class and grace that made him so appealing to many. However, I'm not going to say he's the greatest president we've ever had, but he did have loads of charisma.

I'm sure Trump will do some good things as well, and I'm positive he will do plenty of bad things....I don't think Trump is going to be any different except more impulsive, less politically correct. Trump cares about three things, money, his brand, and most importantly power. I seriously doubt the billionaire businessman is going to fight for the working class. Not to mention his major platform of anti-trade totally conflicts with the GOP, who is primarily for free trade (as are some democrats as well).

Many voted for Trump because it was big **** you to our ****ed up system... Our entire political system and representatives is ****ed up, and the only difference between Democrats and Republicans in 2016 is do you want Citigroup in control, or Goldman Sachs?

Last edited by mttzakr87; 01-24-2017 at 12:23 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttzakr87 View Post
I hate to say it but these corporate democrats like Clinton, Booker, Schumer, are the reason why people voted for Trump, you can't be for the working class if you you're party has so many deep in Wall Street and corporations.

That doesn't speak very highly of either the intelligence or knowledge of the people that voted for Trump.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:27 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
I got health care, survived cancer, and even though there is no cure, I feel like my pulmonary sarcoidosis is managed...even though I had to have both hips replaced due to the steroids/treatment, which led to avascular necrosis. None of which was possible before pre-existing conditions were waived.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:36 AM

101 posts, read 127,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post

That doesn't speak very highly of either the intelligence or knowledge of the people that voted for Trump.
I'm talking mostly about the people who turned their back on a Hillary led democratic party. I would say they are pretty smart.

But there isn't really a lot of intelligence or knowledge required. Hillary calls people who are scared for jobs, and hurting in the rust belt and around the country who supported Trump deplorable, while Trump brings up trade and talks about jobs while campaigning his ass off in the democrats blue wall. Wtf did the Democrats expect, they were gonna vote for Hillary anyways because she was destined for the white house?

Old 01-24-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttzakr87 View Post
I'm talking mostly about the people who turned their back on a Hillary led democratic party. I would say they are pretty smart.
I agree that not voting for Hillary was pretty smart, but voting for Trump instead of Hillary because they didn't want someone who was so deep in Wall Street and corporations?

Old 01-24-2017, 12:51 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
I agree that not voting for Hillary was pretty smart, but voting for Trump instead of Hillary because they didn't want someone who was so deep in Wall Street and corporations?
Once again, it came down to keeping her out of office.

The only way of doing that was to vote Trump; no one else had a chance to prevent her from becoming President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies