Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:12 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Today Trump cut off federal funding for abortion, and for organizations that refer to abortionists, Trump took us out of the TPP, is renegotiating NAFTA, he will be meeting with the Prime Minister of Canada, and the President of Mexico in the next week. The patient freedom act of 2017 has been introduced today. A federal hiring freeze has been instituted, as has a federal wage freeze, covering all but the military. FoxConn agreed to spend 7.5 billion dollars in the U.S. to create American jobs making Apple products. Trump froze new regulation that cost money to a company, and announced his intent to remove 75% or more of federal regulations. It's his 4th day in office. He isn't waiting for you or the mainstream media. Today he met with CEO's and labor leaders, later this week, there is a Republican congressional retreat he will be attending. All Republicans have announced they will support his cabinet nominees. All will get through.

So tell me, where is he held up by nonsense put out by our press?
Foxconn is in TALKS with Apple not GOING to do anything, I imagine they have to figure out the small detail of a supply chain. Every GOP president has repealed the mexico city abortion rule and every democrat has reenacted it. The patient freedom act is quite interesting because he has given individuals mandate to not obey penalties for participating and now this bills lets states keep Obamacare if they want to but it seems to me they wont be able to since that whole pool of money thing does not pass mustard by most analysts, we shall see it playout, I am for any action at his point anything or than delay works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 12:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Today Trump cut off federal funding for abortion, and for organizations that refer to abortionists, Trump took us out of the TPP, is renegotiating NAFTA, he will be meeting with the Prime Minister of Canada, and the President of Mexico in the next week. The patient freedom act of 2017 has been introduced today. A federal hiring freeze has been instituted, as has a federal wage freeze, covering all but the military. FoxConn agreed to spend 7.5 billion dollars in the U.S. to create American jobs making Apple products. Trump froze new regulation that cost money to a company, and announced his intent to remove 75% or more of federal regulations. It's his 4th day in office. He isn't waiting for you or the mainstream media. Today he met with CEO's and labor leaders, later this week, there is a Republican congressional retreat he will be attending. All Republicans have announced they will support his cabinet nominees. All will get through.

So tell me, where is he held up by nonsense put out by our press?
He's putting out nonsense while signing bills for stuff Republicans want him to do.

He's not actually spearheading any of this.

He's too busy tweeting and crying into his gold brocade sofas.

And, if you think you want iPhones made in America, I will go ahead and assume you're willing to pay at least triple for them, because FoxConn workers in Asia make pennies per hour, not dollars and Apple is not going to start selling these things at a loss.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:53 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
More lies.

1. Who said Obama's TV ratings were higher? Polls again?
2. It was not an issue until the lying media made it an issue and they still won't stop talking about it.
Nielsen ratings. If you're going to call something a lie, you should bring more than your opinions. I mean this is all easily verifiable stuff. Trumps Inauguration was the second-highest watched since Reagan in 1981. Second to Obama in 2009.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/trum...222037803.html

Old 01-23-2017, 12:54 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You need to guess again.

Spicer said it was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period, when you include all of the people in the U.S. and around the world who watched it on television and on the internet.

Interesting that you left that part out.
He said this was the "largest audience to witness the inauguration, both IN PERSON and globally"

He did not say, both in person and globally combined.
He did not say, both in person and globally together.

You can try to change the meaning of a sentence, but that would be just more lying.

We also know that the "in person" crowd was small and that the televised audience was smaller than Obama's inauguration. No one has any means of knowing how big the worldwide internet audience was and have the ability to compare it to other inaugurations.

Result. BS (or in other words - a lie.)

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 01-23-2017 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-23-2017, 12:55 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,258,471 times
Tiny hands. Tiny crowds.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:57 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Nielsen ratings. If you're going to call something a lie, you should bring more than your opinions. I mean this is all easily verifiable stuff. Trumps Inauguration was the second-highest watched since Reagan in 1981. Second to Obama in 2009.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/trum...222037803.html
How many people watched it live on-line during Reagan's inauguration in 1981?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:02 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Let's clarify, it was the largest crowd in person and on-line. He made sure to put the "on-line" part in hist statement but of course we just clip that out and only note the picture. Two things here, one is that 2009 was the first time a black president was elected so of course there was going to be a larger crowd turnout for that because regardless of your policy it was a historic event. Secondly the pic of 2009 was when Obama was speaking while the one for Trump was before the main ceremony began. Also there was MUCH heavier security setup, and I don't want to say for certain that it held up lines and attendance but I'm sure it played a role.

I'm not condoning but it's the same thing as the corrected MLK bust story, they are just looking to pick and pull apart any little thing because it's Trump. How about asking questions on policy and actual issues.
Not sure what you are talking about. He never even said "on-line" in the entire diatribe.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And, if you think you want iPhones made in America, I will go ahead and assume you're willing to pay at least triple for them, because FoxConn workers in Asia make pennies per hour, not dollars and Apple is not going to start selling these things at a loss.
So you are OK with manufacturers putting work in 3rd world countries where workers are treated like slaves and paid nothing?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:28 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
He said this was the "largest audience to witness the inauguration, both IN PERSON and globally"

He did not say, both in person and globally combined.
He did not say, both in person and globally together.

You can try to change the meaning of a sentence, but that would be just more lying.

We also know that the "in person" crowd was small and that the televised audience was smaller than Obama's inauguration. No one has any means of knowing how big the worldwide internet audience was.

Result. BS (or in other words - a lie.)

"We know that from the platform from where the President was sworn in to 4th Street holds about 250,000 people. From 4th Street to the media tent is about another 220,000. And from the media tent to the Washington Monument another 250,000 people. All of this space was full when the President took the oath of office." Spicer

No, not even close.

I don't recall any mention of biggest crowd ever if included those on their iPhones, and iPads.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:45 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
At the press conference that just ended, Spicer walked the original statement back making it clear that the term "largest" audience could ONLY apply if you add "in person" and "global" together. He implied that he "meant" that originally even though that's NOT the plain meaning of what he said. A bit ingenious as he tried to look surprised that anyone could even THINK differently. Really? Then what was the purpose of all the original discussion on numbers of people that would fit in section by section and the photos?

The press pushed him to give a direct statement, which he did - The in-person audience at the Trump inauguration was NOT the largest to witness an inauguration. Spicer also committed to tell the truth in press conferences to the best of his knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies