Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't know... Spicer also included televised watchers in his numbers... no data about that has been released... The crowd at the inauguration was definitely smaller 1/2 to 1/3 the size of Obama's largest crowd... but as liberals said about Hillary's small rallies, crowd size doesn't matter...

It doesn't - except to the President, evidently. Obviously he is self-conscious about his victory, that's the root of these statements as well as the newly-announced, and horribly misguided, investigation into the "millions" of illegal votes.

How much taxpayer money will be wasted on this newest of Trump's vanity projects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 06:59 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
To be honest, I can careless about this. It's basically a "my penis is bigger than Obama's" match and I don't even know why this was even a news story.

With that being said, it's obvious mainstream media lied about that one, and I'm not even a Trump supporter. Looking at that CNN 360 cam that pans into the crowd kinda debunks that entire theory. During the actual inauguration, you could clearly see people all the way back almost to the Washington Monument. The pic they used was from 8:30 am, not at noon.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2...ion-gigapixel/

The crowd wasn't as big as 2009 Obama, but duh...that was the first black President ever on MLK day for an extremely popular President. But...to say that Trump's crowd was small is laughable.

Also, they have to factor in all of the protesters who were literally blocking people from going to the inauguration (there are several videos of this on YouTube)

Old 01-25-2017, 06:59 AM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
MSM is lying 24/7.

Crowd size is unimportant and can be effected by many things. Look how much time media has spent talking about something no one really cares about. It shows a weakness in the media that is obsessed in making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I agree with this. Spicer read his exact quote back to a reporter, who chose to continue to harp on this on Tuesday, which was that he was referring to both people physically at the inauguration, and people viewing on TV and online.

The point is that this is minutiae, yet more important things are ignored. The next thing they'll be harping on is Trumps tax returns. Nobody who voted for him cares about this either. We just want to see if Trump makes positive changes in the country, and we don't really care if it ruffles some feathers.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Does anybody here want to put their (on-line) name out there agreeing that Trump's crowd for inauguration was larger than Obama's or the women's march? Does anybody really believe this "alternative fact"?
Economy stagnant. Never ending wars in the Middle East. Crowd sizes is a close 3rd.

Does anyone care whose is bigger?

133 posts on this before mine, awesome.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:32 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Does anyone care whose is bigger?
The buffoon in the White House cares a lot. And that's a problem.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He is popular. Over 60 million people voted for him.

He will be our president for eight glorious years.

It is morning again in America.
Unlike you, I didn't hate America for the past 8 years.

The sun has been rising here for me all this time, and it still does.

This is a great country, and I don't hate it just because I cannot stand the Toddler-in-Chief.

I guess there were just enough people in the USA who couldn't love the country while we had a black president, eh?

Sad!

Old 01-25-2017, 02:12 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree with this. Spicer read his exact quote back to a reporter, who chose to continue to harp on this on Tuesday, which was that he was referring to both people physically at the inauguration, and people viewing on TV and online.

The point is that this is minutiae, yet more important things are ignored. The next thing they'll be harping on is Trumps tax returns. Nobody who voted for him cares about this either. We just want to see if Trump makes positive changes in the country, and we don't really care if it ruffles some feathers.

Seriously? It matters to Mango von Twitler.

If it did not, he'd have shut up about it and not forced poor Spicer to go out and LIE about it.

More viewers on the Internet???

Come on. Who is tracking that and are they sure that a window didn't insta-open while someone was reading a news story? Happened to me twice reading political stories on 1/20 and I didn't wait to watch that bloviating crap-bag take the oath of office.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Last post on this, even though I know you won't acknowledge the truth.
I thought you said you were through posting.

Quote:
Yes, one crowd is being referenced. Duh. He is stating that it was the largest by two different measurements. #1 In person. #2 Around the globe. He is asserting it was the largest with regards to each metric! It is possible to refer to a single thing and measure it more than one way, yes?
What he said was very clear. It was the largest crowd to watch an inauguration in person and on TV/the internet. Inserting "both" ("both in person and on the TV/internet") doesn't change the meaning of what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't know... Spicer also included televised watchers in his numbers... no data about that has been released... The crowd at the inauguration was definitely smaller 1/2 to 1/3 the size of Obama's largest crowd... but as liberals said about Hillary's small rallies, crowd size doesn't matter...
Latest figures I've seen: 30 million TV viewers and 16 million live streams on the internet.

46 million people, not even counting the people there in person.

So Trump had the largest audience of any inauguration ever.

And when you consider the fact that the lying liberal media used an aerial photo that was taken hours before Trump took the oath and pretended that that was the entire crowd that watched him take the oath in person, Trump had good reason to call them out on it.

Especially since they had also lied about the bust of MLK being removed from the oval office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Unlike you, I didn't hate America for the past 8 years.
I didn't hate it either. I hated what was being done to it by Obama and the Democrats -- trying to turn it into a Third World hell hole.

Quote:
I guess there were just enough people in the USA who couldn't love the country while we had a black president, eh?
Ah, the race card. How predictable.

There are plenty of black conservative presidents who don't hate America and white people that I would have been happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If it did not, he'd have shut up about it and not forced poor Spicer to go out and LIE about it.
Spicer didn't lie.

All the lies have come from the anti-Trumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies