Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Let's clarify, it was the largest crowd in person and on-line. He made sure to put the "on-line" part in hist statement but of course we just clip that out and only note the picture. Two things here, one is that 2009 was the first time a black president was elected so of course there was going to be a larger crowd turnout for that because regardless of your policy it was a historic event. Secondly the pic of 2009 was when Obama was speaking while the one for Trump was before the main ceremony began. Also there was MUCH heavier security setup, and I don't want to say for certain that it held up lines and attendance but I'm sure it played a role.

I'm not condoning but it's the same thing as the corrected MLK bust story, they are just looking to pick and pull apart any little thing because it's Trump. How about asking questions on policy and actual issues.
There is absolutely no proof of that whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
All Spicer said is that the lying liberal media tried to make Trump's crowd look smaller than it was -- which they did.

Spicer didn't say that Trump's crowd was larger than Obama's.

I have to hand it to the lying liberal media, though.

Not only do they lie, they lie about their lies!

They're the lying-est liars of all time!

Old 01-23-2017, 09:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
There is absolutely no proof of that whatsoever.
Nor any proof to the contrary.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:05 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Let's clarify, it was the largest crowd in person and on-line. He made sure to put the "on-line" part in hist statement but of course we just clip that out and only note the picture. Two things here, one is that 2009 was the first time a black president was elected so of course there was going to be a larger crowd turnout for that because regardless of your policy it was a historic event. Secondly the pic of 2009 was when Obama was speaking while the one for Trump was before the main ceremony began. Also there was MUCH heavier security setup, and I don't want to say for certain that it held up lines and attendance but I'm sure it played a role.

I'm not condoning but it's the same thing as the corrected MLK bust story, they are just looking to pick and pull apart any little thing because it's Trump. How about asking questions on policy and actual issues.
He didn't take any questions. Again no one really cares about the size of the crowd, Obamas base was closer to the inauguration site, it was an event, etc I agree there are a myriad of reasons why the crowd wasnt as big, to some level is not apples to apples, it's also fair to say that because the country is so polarized and because of the kind of candidate he was, trump is not a very popular president that's indicative of his approval rating and the inauguration, what is troubling to most people is that he called a press conference and the tone of conference, that should bother everyone even if you think it's funny to get liberals riled up.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If you add all the people who attended PLUS those of us who watched on TV, Internet, etc. then he is correct. THAT is what he said.
Is it now?

Where did he get his stats?

Why make such a point of putting up pictures of the Washington Mall during the briefing if he was talking about something else?

From the sameness of the responses regarding online, etc., looks like a whole lot of someones got the state-sanctioned memo.

Believe this Orwellian nonsense at your own peril.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:09 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Quote:
Nor any proof to the contrary.
What do you call video footage, time-stamped pictures?
I am sure of you give it a couple of hours the army of pro trump trolls on reddit or 4chan will come up with some convoluted explanation involving someone's twitter feed or some Macedonian teenager's conservative website, invisible people nothing would surprise me.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:09 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,250 times
Quote:
Long story short:

Trump is our president for the next eight years.
4. Eight is not guaranteed.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:10 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
It never occurred to me (knowing the bitter climate this president was being inaugurated into) that there wouldn't be security at every entrance to ensure that those who wanted to attend would be allowed through. Everyone knew that protesters were going to try and block entrances. It was all over the news. So why did crap like this even happen? Where the hell were the cops? The private security firms? The NG? Why was the safety of regular citizens compromised? And can you imagine spending all that money to travel across the country to witness history, and then not being able to get through a damned checkpoint because low life morons who need a shower chained themselves together to prevent you from getting through a checkpoint? It's unacceptable.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What do you call video footage, time-stamped pictures?
Photo-shopped fake news.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Liberals always get more people at events and protests because their demographics are skewed towards young people / college students and people who don't work full time. GOP base is mostly married people who work full time and can't take off a week on short notice for a protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies