Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:49 AM

420 posts, read 704,330 times

Advertisements

Ahhh, another millionaire telling me how victimized I am, and I don't even know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:49 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Read: counter-evidence of women voting for Trump invalidates our divide-and-conquer "women as victims" narrative. Thus, we are now co-opting the free agency of women Trump voters by framing them as abused women who weren't in their right mind.

The tactics of violent Marxists never change.
Russia, China, Cuba, Cambodia.....................................Never forget what leftists will do to gain power.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:51 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm not a victim either but I'm also not personally offended by what Moore said. He has an agenda that has NOTHING to do with women being "victims of ingrained misogyny and sexism". Those are just buzzwords meant to inflame, and incite.

I would encourage EVERYONE who supported Trump to not get mired in the weeds with all this crap. The words coming out of Moore's mouth (and the mouth of every other high profile moron we've heard recently) are not the same words that are inside their heads. Divide, subvert, distract. THOSE are the words rambling around inside their brains. Don't fall for it. Keep your eyes on the prize.

I get what you are saying...but I feel "personally" offended because I have seen women who live their lives as victims. I've watched them put aside their own feelings of self-worth and value because someone convinced them they had no choice. My mother is one of those women. She lives a life that I cannot understand or fathom - one of continuous guilt and blame. But, she did raise me well. I will never be a victim because I don't let those people in my head - they don't pay rent! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
But at least he made hundreds of times more than the PAs that worked long hard hours on his films.

He may tip them ok as they wait on him as their second jobs.
IIRC, he didn't go out of his way to hire union labor, to put it mildly.

3,327 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Throwing in with the female tie-died pie wagons is probably his only way to get a date.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:52 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,677,344 times
"All you tens of millions of women are just too frivolous and frail-minded to know what's best for you!" Naw, that's not sexist or patronizing at all!

Nice mansplaining you blob-with-a-mop-on-its-head.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Ha! The next piece of ass Moore gets will be his first.
Well, technically ham is a piece of a$s. I'm sure he has that in a refrigerator next to his bed.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I get what you are saying...but I feel "personally" offended because I have seen women who live their lives as victims. I've watched them put aside their own feelings of self-worth and value because someone convinced them they had no choice. My mother is one of those women. She lives a life that I cannot understand or fathom - one of continuous guilt and blame. But, she did raise me well. I will never be a victim because I don't let those people in my head - they don't pay rent! LOL
I'm a woman and I've met victims just as you have. My husband is retired law enforcement. Believe me, he's seen plenty of victims. As women it's hard not to take some of this personally but I really do stand by my previous post on this issue. I'm encouraging people who voted for Trump to keep your heads and remember where this is all coming from, and WHY it's coming.

Politicians on both sides of the aisles are not the only ones afraid that the status quo may actually be changed as a result of a Trump presidency. All those who have made a living from the "grievance industry" hate the possibility that things may actually improve for everyone. That our economic security and our national security may actually improve. That race relations may actually improve. That we may actually begin to unite as a nation, when it is in the best interest of many entities to keep us at each others throats. There's a lot of money, power and position invested in us fighting each other. They don't want to give that up.

All I'm saying is that things aren't always as they appear. There's an old saying. Follow the money. It's an old saying for a reason. None of those (including Moore) take this personally. I don't either. "Cause there's nothing personal involved in the battle these folks are waging.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He's on the money. Just recalling the few women that I know personally that voted for Mr. Dump and they do indeed fit that mold. Just for starters, one is annoyingly subservient to her unappreciative immature husband and another is the daughter of a mother, who for monetary reasons, stayed married to a childish jerk who is extremely insensitive, despite the fact that both mother and daughter could not stand him.
This is an example did you even think for once this woman has no money to change it. Or is your first reaction she voted Trump......you people are mind numbing!

What has Moore done with his money to advance women, advance children?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Ha! The next piece of ass Moore gets will be his first.
Maybe if his fingers rip through the toilet paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies