Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 10:37 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times

Advertisements

There are just too many people in this country. I'm not referring to lack of land or even food. i.e. Farming.

We just have too many people now days for the amount of jobs that are actually good paying.

We continue to be more automated and need less and less people in the work force. The job I do personally would take several office workers a couple 8 hour work days to complete what I can do in 1 day. I'm able to take care of tons of calculations and formulas so easily because of the computer.

My job is so much like other jobs in this country. What used to take 4-5 people can now be done with 1 person.

Even in the military the technology has decreased the amount of soldiers and military personal we used to need.

This has been going on for decades and centuries. Think about the steam shovel and how many people it put out of work. Hundreds of regular people digging was eliminated.

Every president wants to talk about making this problem go away and how if somebody wants a job they should have it. But it's not that simple. There will always be too many people for the jobs available.

So back to my title. I just think what we have now we will always have a little bit of in terms of unemployed & poor Americans. We might be able to slow the process down some by decisions that the government makes. But things are just going to continue to get worse to the point that it's very scary to look at 40-50 years from now.

Only way is for people to stop having so many kids. Especially the ones that can't afford and raise the right way. I look at a lot of my friends and the ones that have good jobs and are doing well financially only have 1-2 kids. While my friends that are barely making it have 3 kids. See the pattern here?

Does anybody else think about this kind of stuff and realize that we are on a path that neither a Democrat or Republican President can change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies