Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:37 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Useless. He spared DoD.

SMH...they ALWAYS let the Pentagon off the damn hook.
I thought the same thing when I saw it. I have a good friend who does what I do for DoD and they make a HUGE amount of money compared to what I make! They will continue to hire for those high paying DoD jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 01:42 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So you think they be rewarded for using the power of government to treat citizens that are conservative with disrespect at every turn? Anyway I don't, the entire IRS should be fired for using our tax dollars to discriminate against Conservatives. So yes, part of making America great again, you betcha.

Drain the swamp, move the government out of that craphole DC Demoncrat enclave. while making it smaller and more efficient.
If they really wanted to do something they could get rid of tax free 501c's that support political parties.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I thought the same thing when I saw it. I have a good friend who does what I do for DoD and they make a HUGE amount of money compared to what I make! They will continue to hire for those high paying DoD jobs.
Yep.

No one gives a damn if the Department of Education can't hire anyone.

If you're not gonna stick it to DoD, then it's a damn canard and worthless. Not worth discussing.

This is weaksauce. This isn't a hiring freeze. It's grandstanding.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:07 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Presidents have done this in the past, nothing new!
Right, they have to see or determine what is going on in each division. I knew I saw an uptick in the Federal Jobs the last six months because I provide career leads to college students. Most positions advertised were for New Jersey and Chicago, and not DC.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:15 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Hiring freeze on a lot useless overpaid positions for limited work. No biggie. Cut the useless fat off completely. Make people go and get REAL jobs in the private sector

Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep.

No one gives a damn if the Department of Education can't hire anyone.

If you're not gonna stick it to DoD, then it's a damn canard and worthless. Not worth discussing.

This is weaksauce. This isn't a hiring freeze. It's grandstanding.

The Dept of Education isn't responsible for national security. The feds have a constitutional responsibility to maintain national security, therefore the DoD isn't getting the freeze.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:47 PM

105 posts, read 121,268 times
What if key people quit and they can't be replaced and their role is to process your Social Security claim or approve your tax refund?

Old 01-23-2017, 04:05 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Hiring freeze on a lot useless overpaid positions for limited work. No biggie. Cut the useless fat off completely. Make people go and get REAL jobs in the private sector
It's interesting that you have this impression. Federal jobs typically pay significantly less than similar jobs in the private sector. On the flip side, they almost always have better retirement plans.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Good and bad. Good, generally fewer in DC. Bad, includes things like forest rangers.

That land is about to be given back to the states. It is their land.

How many park rangers do they need for Washington DC. and all the historical stuff there?
Isn't it only 10 miles by 10 miles? 100 sq. miles total.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:16 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That land is about to be given back to the states. It is their land.

How many park rangers do they need for Washington DC. and all the historical stuff there?
Isn't it only 10 miles by 10 miles? 100 sq. miles total.
Hogwash. The vast majority of the American people support their national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests. It's not the states' land, they gave up claims to it in their statehood acts. The national parks and forests will not be handed to states to rape and pillage for corporate profits.

What may happen (no one knows for sure yet what this freeze really means) is there's going to be less people doing vital work like putting out forest fires or maintaining campgrounds. My guess is if someone loses their home to a wildfire out west this year because there weren't resources to fight it, there will be less Trump voters in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies