Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:01 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,345,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I have to believe that if this was the previous potus child I would have seen this story all over by now.
Umm....the story IS all over. Internet, newspapers, lead topic on several talk shows.

btw the Right was relentlessly horrible to presidential daughters Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I really don't recall Laura Bush being made fun of......but the left was horrible to Barbara Bush, just horrible!
Laura did seem to avoid a lot of criticism. But hey, look at Rosalyn Carter, she was criticized for buying dresses "off the rack", as was Michelle Obama. Speaking of Michelle Obama, no one can say with a straight face that she was not criticized for looks and clothes, let alone her race, almost daily. Yes, "the left", LOL!

Old 01-24-2017, 11:11 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,490,296 times
I get most of my news through social media. I must have a higher-class circle of friends, because the first I "heard" about this was from my conservative friends bashing liberals for making fun of Barron. Then, it was my liberal friends saying how crude it was to make fun of Barron. Today, in this thread, is the first time I've seen what the actual comments were.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:14 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I really don't recall Laura Bush being made fun of......but the left was horrible to Barbara Bush, just horrible!
People said nasty things about Laura Bush, not so much physical, but about the fact that when she was 16 she was in an accident and her boyfriend was killed. People implied that she was drunk, called her a murderer, etc.

She was the keynote speaker at a luncheon I attended once. She came across as very pleasant and likable.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People said nasty things about Laura Bush, not so much physical, but about the fact that when she was 16 she was in an accident and her boyfriend was killed. People implied that she was drunk, called her a murderer, etc.

She was the keynote speaker at a luncheon I attended once. She came across as very pleasant and likable.
And that was something I didn't know about for a long time. I guess it just depends on what you come across. A friend of mine who is a librarian got to meet Laura once at a librarian gathering at the WH. She liked Laura, too, and she's a Dem!

Old 01-24-2017, 11:30 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
It is no secret that I detest Donald Trump. Do NOT want him as POTUS (although I wouldn't have wanted Hillary either) etc., etc.

But I find it weak, classless and rude beyond measure to put his family in the crosshairs.

I spoke out against this kind of lowlife crap when people were saying nasty things about Chelsea Clinton, GW Bush's daughters and Obama's daughters as well. It is NOT cool, not funny, and there is no point to it other than to show you lack tact and backbone.

Criticize the man, his policies, etc. But unless one of them is doing something truly illegal or which might hurt the nation in some real way, leave his family out of this.
I totally agree with most of your post. However I do not remember anyone bad mouthing prior POTUS's kids to the extent they are going after Barron.

Last edited by longneckone; 01-24-2017 at 11:42 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WDF did the ten year old son of Donald Trump do to deserve such hatred..Barron is a ten year old,yes he is the son of Donald J. Trump but why is everyone mean to him..What has America come to??I may be a Independent that mostly sides with the Democrats but Even I dislike the fact that people say SH|T about Barron simply because he is different If you want to bash someone BASH DONALD J TRUMP he is hateful and he simply deserves it..
The Liberals have truly lost their minds this election. That's about all there is to say on the subject.

Or maybe they are already jealous of a 10 year old child who has a bright future.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I totally agree with most of your post. However I do not remember anyone bad mouthing prior POTUS's kids to the extent they are going after Baron.
Then you have a very short memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Liberals have truly lost their minds this election. That's about all there is to say on the subject.

Or maybe they are already jealous of a 10 year old child who has a bright future.
Or maybe you haven't looked at all the links that have been posted. The Lincoln kids, Alice Roosevelt, Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, etc, etc, etc.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:43 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WDF did the ten year old son of Donald Trump do to deserve such hatred..Barron is a ten year old,yes he is the son of Donald J. Trump but why is everyone mean to him..What has America come to??I may be a Independent that mostly sides with the Democrats but Even I dislike the fact that people say SH|T about Barron simply because he is different If you want to bash someone BASH DONALD J TRUMP he is hateful and he simply deserves it..
He is the first male child in the White House since Kennedy. It is ok to bash boys in their minds.

They are jealous that he will grow up a billionaire and possibly a future president/politician.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:48 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I totally agree with most of your post. However I do not remember anyone bad mouthing prior POTUS's kids to the extent they are going after Barron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Then you have a very short memory!

Or maybe you haven't looked at all the links that have been posted. The Lincoln kids, Alice Roosevelt, Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, etc, etc, etc.
I stand with my "to the extent". Of course I was not around for the Lincoln kids or Alice Roosevelt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies