Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 04:17 PM

274 posts, read 120,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Liberals are full of hate and violence and see nothing wrong with attacking a 10 year old which displays their desperation as will as evil intent.
Stereotype anyone can be full of evil intent anyone could do this

Old 01-23-2017, 04:17 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
*sigh*

Again, the neocons were every bit as gross and tactless regarding Chelsea Clinton, as well as Obama's wife and daughters.

Hypocritical partisan hacks are less than useless.
I had an equal lack of respect for the extremely small minority of neocons that disparaged Chelsea and Obama's children. By the way, thanks for defending the liberal mob (and possibly joining in) attacking this 10 year old.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Children have been traditionally hands-off. And yet, some people will take cheap shots at Barron Trump just as they did the Obama girls, and the Bush twins, and Chelsea Clinton and so on and so on.

This isn't a new thing, or a specific party thing.
It's not a "new thing" but it's never been like this. That child is being attacked by all kinds of people...some of these idiots are losing their jobs over insults to a CHILD!

Seriously, these people need to get a f-en grip. Between Trump working on good trade deals and the lunatics on the left acting like petulant b*tches, the Dems are going to lose their entire base and be left with those who are so off the wall fringe, they will never recover.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:21 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Again, the neocons were every bit as gross and tactless regarding Chelsea Clinton, as well as Obama's wife and daughters.
So let's amend that post to:

Some people are full of hate and violence and see nothing wrong with attacking a 10 year old which displays their desperation as will as evil intent.

But let's also not pretend lefties are by nature somehow above such pettiness. The left can be racist, the left can be segregationist, the left can be hateful, the left can be vicious and vile -- just like the right can be.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's never cool:
This thread is not about Chelsea Clinton. How about you share your thoughts on those people who continually attack Barron Trump, a 10 year old boy, over and over and over and have now, for months on end even before Trump was inaugurated. Do you have anything other to say besides, "it's not cool" while you quoted paragraphs for Chelsea and Obama kids?

Old 01-23-2017, 04:22 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
HEY,TT - I am a Liberal Democrat and I am personally insulted by your accusation that I would disparage the family or children of the POTUS. I have not and will not. Ever!

The POTUS is fair game for criticism but not ridicule. His family is NOT.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 PM

711 posts, read 688,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Liberals are full of hate and violence and see nothing wrong with attacking a 10 year old which displays their desperation as will as evil intent.
FWIW, both of us are about as liberal as it gets. We were discussing this weekend that we both hope the media and the public in general back off.

I also know quite a few other liberal people. I've yet to hear one disparaging comment about the kid.

I have neither despiration NOR evil intent - especially against a 10 year old kid who has spent precious little time in the spotlight.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WDF did the ten year old son of Donald Trump do to deserve such hatred..Barron is a ten year old,yes he is the son of Donald J. Trump but why is everyone mean to him..What has America come to??I may be a Independent that mostly sides with the Democrats but Even I dislike the fact that people say SH|T about Barron simply because he is different If you want to bash someone BASH DONALD J TRUMP he is hateful and he simply deserves it..
It's rude, and similar stuff has been happening to many first families: the Clintons, the Obamas. I am sure even the Bushes but I don't recall any stories.

It is rude to bring the kids into tho political disagreements no matter what side you sit on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I have to believe that if this was the previous potus child I would have seen this story all over by now.
Nope, people have been complaining.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/a...-rich-snl.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e019637b71da
Julie Bowen Criticized for Barron Trump Inauguration Jokes - Us Weekly
https://www.bustle.com/p/funny-tweet...ropriate-31865
https://www.good.is/articles/chelsea...trump-bullying

All coverage from liberal media outlets.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:25 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Everyone

It is unfortunate, but looking back, it has happened to all presidents kids. Obama kids had it worse than anyone.
yea it got really ugly and demeaning- but all the kids do get it-- and then everyone yells to make it stop..many only have been under one president as adults- so- they dont know.
anyhow the lady got in trouble and apologized on SNL-- but I am sure Melania ready to move to Europe she knew this would come--

Old 01-23-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
PLEASE STOP with the faux outrage. Chelsea Clinton was mocked for years because of her looks. Sasha and Malia - who were 10 and 7 when they entered the White House - have been criticized for every single thing including their hair, their clothes, their looks, their complexion, their concert attendance, their private schooling, and their family was called a bunch of gorillas. If you say the White House has a bunch of gorillas in it, guess who that includes? Yeah, the children.

So just shut up. Seriously.
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies