Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 07:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,539,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WDF did the ten year old son of Donald Trump do to deserve such hatred..Barron is a ten year old,yes he is the son of Donald J. Trump but why is everyone mean to him..What has America come to??I may be a Independent that mostly sides with the Democrats but Even I dislike the fact that people say SH|T about Barron simply because he is different If you want to bash someone BASH DONALD J TRUMP he is hateful and he simply deserves it..
Let's put this into perspective.

There are 325 million people in the US. How many of them have expressed anything about the first child.

There have always been idiotic people/ entertainers/ shock jocks who mock the first children going back to at least Carter

Says more about the mockers than the target.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-23-2017 at 08:52 PM..

Old 01-23-2017, 07:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,058,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Let's put this into perspective.

There are 325 million people in the US. How many of them have expressed anything about the first child.

There have always been idiotic people/ entertainers/ shock jocks who mock the first children going back to at least Carter

Say more about the mockers than the target.
Exactly.

I can remember people mocking the length of John-John Kennedy's hair.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,220,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's never cool:
No, it's not.

Neither is the "tit for tat" excuse. Not when having to reach so far back to 1992. Then use anonymous posters/commenters who disparaged the Obama girls on debate boards or in the "comment" section of an MSM news story...as examples to defend Rosie and Katie Rich.

The Katie Rich SNL writer put her name on her stamp of stupid.

So did Rosie.

And Rosie has children. I don't know about Rich.

Last edited by Informed Info; 01-23-2017 at 08:09 PM..

Old 01-23-2017, 08:00 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,839,933 times
Attacking a child, any child is weak. The right has had their share of rude comments about Clinton's daughter. I honestly don't remember rude comments about the Obama's daughters, but I am sure it happened. That said any reporter who so willingly lowers themselves to this behavior should be fired. Saying "well your side did it too", doesn't make it right or forgivable. It is just a deflection.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:02 PM

34,273 posts, read 19,270,906 times
Trumps adult children who are involving themselves are fair game. Underage children, and those not involving themselves should always be left alone.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 PM

983 posts, read 990,216 times
Yeah, leave Barron Trump alone. He's a 10 year old boy. Even if you can't stand the President, the President's kids are OFF LIMITS!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That's one of the many reasons that more Independents will leave the Democrats when it comes to voting time.
The rudeness and intolerance will show the world what an intolerant group the Democrats are and that's also a reason why Trump won.

Who goes after a 10 year old. Regardless if he is healthy or not
I saw how cute Baron was with his cousin and it was so nice to watch a 10 year old being a 10 year old even though he was dressed like a minature adult like nowadays almost all boys and girls are dressed. Don't get me wrong he was looking great.

Even if the lefties who went after him feel that he is not mentally ok and is challenged then it is even worse to go after him or wasn't that what Meryl Streep was so appalled about. But Meryl Streep doesn't seem to care.
Looks like you and Poster #8 were posting at the same time. Consider going back and reading it.

Limbaugh, who Reagan once described as the " number 1 voice for Conservatism in our country", has a history of mocking the children of Democrat POTUS'. The GOP had no issue paying his speaker fees. Fox News paid him to be a commentator.

The hatred directed towards Obama's girls was and probably will remain the most vile.

Why is it that some only find it offensive when it's directed at their party's first child?

Old 01-23-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Everyone

It is unfortunate, but looking back, it has happened to all presidents kids. Obama kids had it worse than anyone.
Obama's children were guilty of being first children while black.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:20 PM

3,638 posts, read 3,761,486 times
I stood up for Bush's kids. I stood up for Clinton's kid. I stood up for Obama's daughters. I stand up for Trump's.

Kids are OFF LIMITS. Any entertainer that I hear of bashing/mocking a politician's children? I do what I can in spreading the word of their trashing behavior by taking cheap shots.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:22 PM

3,638 posts, read 3,761,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Limbaugh, who Reagan once described as the " number 1 voice for Conservatism in our country", has a history of mocking the children of Democrat POTUS'.
Limbaugh is nothing but another "entertainer." Why, oh why, do people give what falls out of his face any weight?

That's probably a topic for a different thread. *sigh* Oh, and don't think the left has their share of goobers with air time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies