Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
I do wonder if the comments made about Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton and the Obama girls were as severe as the recent ones about Barron ? I don't recall anyone saying that any of them had a condition like autism or that they were going to soon be murdering mass amount of people ?

Making comments about what children are doing when living in White House with themselves have been a norm per the public fascination with their position . Examples - making comments about Bush girls anytime in public trying to socialize , comments about Obama girl at concert. Comments about their appearance (fashion choices, who they resemble most mother/father,attractiveness, social life, education choices and performance if notable) negative and positive are also made any time we get a glimpse of them.

It's much like the fascination with the Royal family - and some are positive comments some negative. It really should not be done but still it has happened BUT never to this degree as it is with Barron(?)and for anyone who thinks it has been done I ask for links please to prove when any media outlet and or entertainer said the other "first children" were suffering from a disease like autism and were on the way to mudering people!
Wonder no more. Racist Bloggers Display Their Vile,Deranged Attitudes | The Huffington Post

Old 01-24-2017, 09:14 AM

274 posts, read 120,434 times
People have no right to insult children underage whatsoever no matter the circumstance..No matter what party they are allied with in my opinion it is cruel and wrong..

Old 01-24-2017, 09:15 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
The same reason people degraded Michelle. There are idiots everywhere.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Very true I think it is horrible to criticize a family for what the spouse or father or mother or daughter or brother may or may not of done it is harsh I think if you were to criticize anyone criticize the one who did it

Old 01-24-2017, 09:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I actually agree with this. I don't mind people disputing polices or things they say, but attacking looks is a bit petty. Something came up with Melania and Michelle side by side, of course, they used all nice pics of Melania and showed Michelle angry and poorly dressed, things Michelle actually wore. The caption asked who was the better dressed and most easy on your eyes. I thought it was bias and not fair, to not show the best pics of both women.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I actually agree with this. I don't mind people disputing polices or things they say, but attacking looks is a bit petty. Something came up with Melania and Michelle side by side, of course, they used all nice pics of Melania and showed Michelle angry and poorly dressed, things Michelle actually wore. The caption asked who was the better dressed and most easy on your eyes. I thought it was bias and not fair, to not show the best pics of both women.
Finally someone says it..Thankyou!!

Old 01-24-2017, 09:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Re: the two previous posts-women get criticized far more than men for their looks and clothes, regardless of party. EVERY First Lady is criticized. The female candidates have all been criticized, especially if they are serious candidates, e.g. Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. (I don't think much was said of Carly Fiorina's dress and looks [other than by Donald Trump], but she didn't last long. If she'd made it into the top two or three, we'd have heard plenty.) We women have to quit doing this to each other, and quit contributing to it.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:52 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Cowards behind a keyboard... that's all they are. They deserve to be ignored.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Re: the two previous posts-women get criticized far more than men for their looks and clothes, regardless of party. EVERY First Lady is criticized. The female candidates have all been criticized, especially if they are serious candidates, e.g. Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. (I don't think much was said of Carly Fiorina's dress and looks [other than by Donald Trump], but she didn't last long. If she'd made it into the top two or three, we'd have heard plenty.) We women have to quit doing this to each other, and quit contributing to it.
I really don't recall Laura Bush being made fun of......but the left was horrible to Barbara Bush, just horrible!

Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Focusing on a politicians looks or family is a surefire indicator of a tiny mind. Teeny tiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies