Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 04:14 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And here is one scared little man who didn't bother to read the OP. Probably because strong women scare the pants of him, as they do all such little men.
These Feminazis don't scare me, I avoid them. My wife is a strong woman, come to thing of it, yeah she scares me.

By the way, you know the argument has been lost when all you can do is attack the messenger, I'll accept this as your surrender to my argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 04:14 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
There is nothing scary about it. Would you be scared of some little weasel telling you how bad women are? Its annoying. Why the hell would any woman think any man with the option to do otherwise would sit around and listen to sexist garbage? You were born with some genitalia... Good for you now get lost.
Women's issues aren't "sexist garbage" to the women those issues impact.

And I'm not going to "get lost" because you don't like that fact.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:16 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I fought hard to get my respect- grew up in an era where only being a homemaker was the expected. If I worked- he got my check, if he went out with the buds- there is something to keep you busy at home- be told watch the kids I'll be back later- could Not have own bank account,or your own credit card-the bank could refuse to issue a credit card to an unmarried woman; even if she was married, her husband was required to cosign. and the card said: MRS XYZ -- if we wanted to buy a house could not count my income if I was childbearing age, unless had tubes tied and brought proof. Equal pay at work was not law- Unmarried women were scorned- I could NOT serve on a jury, Go on the birth control pill, or Get an Ivy League education. women could be fired from their workplace/ school for being pregnant.
no honey I'm not going back EVER- but I do not hate men- that's crazy - I have 3 sons and grandsons and a few beaus in my time- I just love me.

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
These Feminazis don't scare me, I avoid them. My wife is a strong woman, come to thing of it, yeah she scares me.

By the way, you know the argument has been lost when all you can do is attack the messenger, I'll accept this as your surrender to my argument.
Ah, a dittohead. As in, someone who needs another person to do their thinking for them, so they can just say, "Ditto!"

Yeah, no need to continue this discussion. I'd rather talk to people who are capable of thinking for themselves.

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:

It's garbage when it's about party politics. That was what this protest was all about.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:17 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

Nope. Its sexist crap. I treat men and women equally under the law. I also treat them equitably in a social context. If a man told me he was so proud to enter his manhood, I consider him a loser and kind of a moron. So what follows is .....

Old 01-23-2017, 04:19 PM

420 posts, read 704,494 times
I am also proud to be a brave woman:

I am proud to be the daughter of a LEGAL immigrant. I am proud that my strong, minority mother became a successful small business owner, while learning how to read and write the English alphabet. She did this on her own, with no husband to help her.
I am proud that I am financially independent, and if my living situation were to change I would still be able to support my children, with or without my partner.
I am proud that I am not a 3rd wave feminist who victimizes women and minorities such as myself.
I am proud that I go against the Borg mentality and I am able to think, read, discern, and formulate my own opinions based on my very own life experiences. I am proud I do not think with my vagina.
I am proud that I do not identify with identity politics. I am a human first and foremost, an American second.
I am proud that my mother came to this hemisphere to give me the chance to enjoy the freedoms, liberties, and opportunities that would have been limited in our native country.
I am proud that my thoughts go against the grain.

I am proud to not be a victim and to truly be a brave American woman.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Ah, a dittohead. As in, someone who needs another person to do their thinking for them, so they can just say, "Ditto!"

Yeah, no need to continue this discussion. I'd rather talk to people who are capable of thinking for themselves.
Again, personal attacks just highlighting that you've lost the argument.....thanks again.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:21 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
It's not possible to be proud of something you had nothing to do with. You are born male or female. Big whoop.

It's what you do with your life that gives you pride. If someone wants to go on and on about their accomplishments, fine, but their gender is secondary and inconsequential.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Right a brave feminist would go to Saudi wearing a bikini, driving a car, and calling out the superstition that is actually keeping women in bondage....lying hypocrites.

At the very least, with no courage even necessary at all, speak up for those women from the safety that the US affords.

You just don't see that though.

Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies