Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,035,204 times

Advertisements

Trump is anti air, anti humans, anti government, anti sex, anti sleep, anti women, anti men, anti immigrants, anti race, anti space, anti anti,.... He must be stop! He will not divide us! He will not divide us! On Sunday, i spent 12 hours reciting He will not divide us at the Museum of Moving Image with Shia and fellow NYers.

Repeat; He will not divide us!!!

i feel like i am going crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 10:20 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,447,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Exaggerations. We are strapped with too many regulations here . It has created poverty in many areas with all the factories closing. If we don't grow our tax base , being that we are 20 trillion in debt, we will of course go bankrupt and look like Venezuela.

Too much money going out to China, Mexico, and the middle east for product and we are in the hole of debt. Government has sucked the taxpayer dry and spent like drunken fools.

Please tell me what excess regulations "created poverty in many areas with all the factories closing"? Was it the ones that fought for clean air to breathe and water to drink? The ones that created overtime laws and worker safety laws?

More likely it was automation and the changing world that did it- the sooner that we all realize and agree the paradigm has shifted and stop trying to look backwards to 1950 the better off we'll all be. The US needs to fight to lead innovation to succeed to claw for jobs that are already gone and not coming back.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:22 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,447,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
How is anything Trump proposing going to help end or alleviate poverty in the US?

His jobs goal of 25 million in 10 years is the same rate of job growth that the US is currently experiencing.

BINGO!!! his bluster sounds wonderful until you get into the nuts and bolts...basically his grand plan is i'll cut all regulation, cut the entire social safety net, allow massive polluting and worker exploitation, ensure tax and corporate codes favor billionaires over middle class and I'll deliver the exact same results as Obama....so congrats Trumpers...

Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 AM

57,009 posts, read 25,978,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Exaggerations. We are strapped with too many regulations here . It has created poverty in many areas with all the factories closing. If we don't grow our tax base , being that we are 20 trillion in debt, we will of course go bankrupt and look like Venezuela.

Too much money going out to China, Mexico, and the middle east for product and we are in the hole of debt. Government has sucked the taxpayer dry and spent like drunken fools.
I keep hearing about all these onerous regulations but I have yet to hear how they impacted the factories in the rust belt, maybe tariffs would have cured their problems but it had nothing to do with regulations.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:25 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Taking the power Washington DC has acquired(illegally) and giving it back to you, the people....
What power did he take from DC and give to you?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:32 AM

27,394 posts, read 28,466,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There is no way in the world that EVERY media outlet but Breitbart is lying to try to ruin Trump.
The mainstream media is nothing but a wing of the Democratic Party. Hence, they are virtually all anti-Trump.

They have been in bed with the Democratic Party for a long time.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:48 AM

38,622 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I didn't know how bad it was in the US until he told me, reminds me of the conditions in Road Warrior or Escape from NY.

Declining wages are a bad thing, no?

Old 01-24-2017, 12:01 PM

57,009 posts, read 25,978,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Declining wages are a bad thing, no?
Yes there are parts of his speech that I agree with, declining middle class wages, government corruption but overall it was dark.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:19 PM

39,030 posts, read 27,438,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
My investments have quadrupled since Jan 2009, most of them were invested in America. America is hardly unfriendly to investors.
such oversimplified and lazy reply has nothing to do with the point I was making.

For your info, my investment (my stock portfolio) has been doing fine as well, but that doesn't mean America cannot do more for people who want to start a company or factories here.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:23 PM

39,030 posts, read 27,438,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I keep hearing about all these onerous regulations but I have yet to hear how they impacted the factories in the rust belt, maybe tariffs would have cured their problems but it had nothing to do with regulations.
Thing is,

a company cannot simplify the tax code - the tax code is a set of rules contained within laws that are passed by Congress. A company can lobby Congress to pass different tax rules, in the same way that an individual or advocacy organization could, but few companies probably see a simpler tax code as so beneficial to their long term success that they'd spend shareholder money on such a lobbying effort.

This said,

Trump's plan has 4 major parts:

1. Tax relief for middle class Americans: In order to achieve the American dream, let people keep more money in their pockets and increase after-tax wages.

2.Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and let everyone keep more of their money.

3.Grow the American economy by discouraging corporate inversions, adding a huge number of new jobs, and making America globally competitive again.

4.Doesn’t add to our debt and deficit, which are already too large.

Can't see why the above is dark, bad, or whatever.

You think it is hard? no.

The key to getting his tax plan adopted, will be to negotiate with Congress. His plan as proposed is revenue neutral and will benefit businesses tremendously which should result in more jobs at all levels as businesses expand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies