Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:05 AM

45,120 posts, read 26,284,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Not really. Your posts just need more substantive content , that's all .

Did Trump tell the truth about the "rapid and dramatic increase" in fed workers? If so, provide some facts to show your dear leader isn't actually lying as claimed by the media .

The media supported their claim with facts and graphs and numbers, which I linked . Try doing the same to dispute their claim .
I guess you missed my question. Where was this fact obsessed press the past eight years? In fact, why your sudden concern with facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 07:05 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,581,416 times
Media didn't pay attention and leads with this headline. ( SEE LINK BELOW ) In the video they disprove their own headline saying congress wasn't in the room when Trump made the statement. This is a deliberate lie and propaganda to undermine the Trump presidency.

Trump Repeats Unsubstantiated Claim to Congressional Leaders

On top of the lie is another lie. They claim that illegals voting has been debunked. That is complete BS.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:07 AM

30,020 posts, read 18,869,092 times
Trump needs to have Spicer every news conference start with calling out the lies and distortions the 'media' engage in on a daily basis.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:07 AM

45,358 posts, read 26,948,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Look again. 2009 is a turnover yr in which the budget runs on the previous POTUS . It's at 2094. It rises SLIGHTLY, but by no means rapidly and dramatically , for a couple of yr and then goes back down to below the levels of Obamas first year dealing with Bushs budget .
What I am saying is that the last year of Bush - 1,960. The press choose the 2009 number to make it look like there have been no increases. And Obama did not give a darn about any budget. Those are his hires.

The big increase came when Obama took over.

And stupid Yahoo can't even read the chart right. They attributed the total amount of the Civilian Agencies to the Dept. of Defense.

The increase was about 7%.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:08 AM

8,086 posts, read 6,709,270 times
I chose to not watch all MSM. Barnwood builders rocks!!!

Old 01-24-2017, 07:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Talking You've been assimilated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Who cares what the press thinks.
Rational adults.

Quote:
They are liars and their continued partisan BS shows they can not be trusted. In fact, everything they say should be dismissed out of hand first.
That's a good Limbaugh quote.

Carry on.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,768,573 times
You can find this same info by watching the press release which was filmed yesterday
You Tube has a full video
Watch it!

Last edited by shh1313; 01-24-2017 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Xx

Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,517,530 times
Okay, I get it. You've all become right wing zealot zombies. My brother is also a right wing zealot zombie now. I don't know how this happens, how the Alt-Right media has some bizarre voodoo that apparently hypnotizes formerly thinking, sane people and turns them into... this. People who can't reason, who can't tell the truth from a lie, or who don't care about the difference between the two, or that we have a President who also can't tell. The dangers of this escape all of you. Wow. This is of grave concern. If enough people become like this, there is no hope for this country. Congratulations, Breitbart and Fox News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How many years were you in the coma?

Old 01-24-2017, 07:10 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,768,573 times
Next..

Old 01-24-2017, 07:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,895,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
People like you scare me just as much as Trump. On what basis do you say they are liars, and that everything is partisan BS? Everything should be dismissed out of hand? So Trump saying it wasn't raining at his inauguration when the rain is visible onscreen should be dismissed if the media reports on it? Is this truly the stance you're taking?
On the basis that they have been caught numerous times in out and out lies, in manufactured narratives, in word smithing, reporting through unverified implications rather than objective means.

Why do you fear me? I say that every news should be dismissed first. That means it should be verified to being a fact before it is even remotely accepted. It means not being a sheep and appealing to authority. It means when you make a claim you validate it or you are nothing.

As for what Trump says or anyone else for that matter, sure... dismiss it BUT... verify and validate the claim. Treat it as likely a lie, but then take the extra step and make sure it is or confirm it is not. You don't trust government, you don't trust the media, trust nobody and always verify and validate. This should be common knowledge and basic procedure.

What I am saying about the news is that you shouldn't just not trust them, but by their very performance, by their very out and out lies, you should assume them wrong right out of the gate and then check to see that this is the case.

We have spent years of people demanding appeals to authorities when they were outright lying. It is time for people to verify and validate the claims and take them to task when they are not.

That said, if you think I am going to respect the media who IS partisan to the point of corruption, then you are mistaken. They lie so badly and so often that they aren't even on the level of normal people, they are liars, cheats, and criminals.

Now as for Trump as you most certainly will try and retort, so? I don't trust his words, but then I don't trust the words of any politician, especially one who was caught lying over and over during the primaries to gain traction over candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies