Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:17 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If I were a fetus, I would much prefer to be raised by a mother who wanted me.

The foster care system is loaded with kids who would give anything for a mother who wanted them.

I assume everyone who is anti-choice is signing up to raise several of these lost children.
One would think.

I don't have any problem at all with these people organizing a march, but the women's march last weekend was NOT about hating babies or wanting to kill them all. It was about women's rights... one of them being the right to CHOOSE.

People who flip out about abortion, yet say we cannot make condoms and other forms of BC easy to access because it'll encourage kids to have sex have a serious mental disconnect.

BIOLOGY encourages kids to have sex.

Without easy access to birth control, you will never reduce the number of people who have abortions to a low and/or nearly nonexistent level.

So, I have to believe they are just pro birth and that's all there is to it.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:18 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Got to love the women who believe they don't deserve theirs rights or choice
No one has denied them their rights to go to bed with someone. THAT is when they "made their choice". I realize it's difficult for the left to comprehend that since they have no idea about "personal responsibility". Always, always, always looking for someone to bail them out of the situations that they get themselves in to...you know, their choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No one has denied them their rights to go to bed with someone. THAT is when they "made their choice". I realize it's difficult for the left to comprehend that since they have no idea about "personal responsibility". Always, always, always looking for someone to bail them out of the situations that they get themselves in to...you know, their choices.
women like men can sleep with who ever they want, when ever they want. abortion is taking responsibility.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
I fully support these women and their choice, but do they feel the same about women who choose differently?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:21 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Once these people start advocating for easy access to birth control and proper gynecological care, then I'll believe they care about "life" and not just "birth."
This. A thousand times, this. These are the same people who want to cut off access to birth control and to sex education in schools and to programs to feed impoverished school children and aid to women who do keep their children, as the good Christians tell them they should, but need help to raise them.

The minute these people start advocating for how they will actually help women raise the children they insist they must keep I will start to respect them. Until then, they are just a bunch of religious zealots who care more about a fetus than the hundreds of thousands of unwanted children in foster care or those living in hopeless, abject poverty. They are the worst kind of hypocrites imaginable.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:22 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B. sums up many in the 'pro-life' movement:

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

Old 01-24-2017, 10:26 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not only do they believe they don't deserve their rights or choices, they believe none of us do.

That's where I draw the line. If you don't want to use birth control or have an abortion, fine by me. But don't go around shoving your religon down everyone's throat.

Looking forward to seeing the photos of how many show up for this march.
I am not religious and I know that when you abort a fetus, you are killing a person.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:29 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I am not religious and I know that when you abort a fetus, you are killing a person.
a person is able to live life with out the aid of an individual womb, the same can't be said about a fetus. so no, not the same at all.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:31 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2017/

44th Annual March for Life
Rally & March Info

Friday, January 27, 2017

11:45 a.m. Musical Opening
12:00 p.m. Rally
1:00 p.m. March
3:00 p.m. (approx) Listen to Silent No More testimonies outside U.S. Supreme Court
3:30 p.m. Visit your Representative or Senator to advocate for life

Speakers:

Kellyanne Conway, Senior Counselor to President Trump.
Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York City.
Benjamin Watson, Tight End for the Baltimore Ravens.
Abby Johnson, Former Planned Parenthood Director and founder of “And Then There Were None”.
Karyme Lozano, Mexican telenovela star.
Eric Metaxas, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author and host of The Eric Metaxas Show.
Bishop Vincent Mathews Jr., President at Church of God In Christ World Missions.
And more to be announced!
Printable March Route

Click HERE or the map below to download a print version.

marchforlife_maprallymarch_2017
Interactive March Route Map

Click on the map for an interactive version.

2016 map screenshot
The March for Life Rally will take place at noon on the grounds of the Washington Monument, near the corner of 15th Street and Constitution Avenue. Following the Rally, the March will begin on Constitution Avenue between 15th and 17th Streets at approximately 1:00 pm.

Important Notes

While walking, and riding the metro in D.C. please be respectful of residents and commuters. Let’s show the Nation’s Capital how passionate and polite and respectful pro-lifers really are! Please read these 6 tips for riding the metro.

Do not leave trash or signs on the grounds of the National Mall, Supreme Court, or Capitol. This is our Nation’s Capital and we should treat it with dignity and respect. If trash bins are full, please carry your trash or sign with you until you find an available trash bin.

Do not engage with counter-protesters. Once again, please be respectful of all people and stay focused on the cause of promoting and celebrating life, lovingly and graciously.

Friday 01/27/2017. I love all the women that will march in this women's march!
I havent been to one in a couple of years, I used to work on the EWTN coverage as a favor to an old employer, all the baby fetus related signs and props can be a bit much.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:33 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Once these people start advocating for easy access to birth control and proper gynecological care, then I'll believe they care about "life" and not just "birth."

Also, they should all be at work or at home taking care of all the kids they're fostering since they obviously care more about children than the rest of us. I mean, if they can show up for a march on a weekday, but not for Trump's inaugural, well...

These are not single woman. Most have a husband who SHARES the responsibility of parenthood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies