Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 02:47 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You are right.. there is no immediate evidence!!!

We should do a full out empirical investigation of all states concerning the illegal voting problem. That will solve this issue for once and all!!!

You with me progressives?

Progressives?

Hello?

Where did you go?
Have at it.

Spicer was asked if trump believes there is so much voter fraud why an IMMEDIATE investigation was not being started. The press was told that trump won so he was comfortable with the results.

As a Democrat, I would welcome an investigation. As should anyone concerned with their voices being heard in our democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 02:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He talked about this with leaders of Congress last night. Now he's saying "3-5" million. Because he really won bigly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2842a3e2f83b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
at what point does he get it's not a campaign anymore-e he's actually the president and he needs to actually act like it.
This constant lying is ridiculous. Everything is alternative facts. We can't have fact facts. We can't focus on important real stuff. We just need to make sure no matter how small the stakes are, Trump feels like a winner!

Time Waster in Chief.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You are right.. there is no immediate evidence!!!

We should do a full out empirical investigation of all states concerning the illegal voting problem. That will solve this issue for once and all!!!

You with me progressives?

Progressives?

Hello?

Where did you go?
Do you realize how much money the Republicans have spent trying to prove this whenever the election is close? George W. Bush spent 5 years of tax dollars investigating voter fraud and turned up bupkis. It's hard enough to get legally registered voters to get off their behinds, stand in line for hours and vote. Why in the world would an illegal immigrant who wants to keep off the radar take a chance, just to cast a ballot? The entire concept is silly and, although there might be a few cases (which I'm sure Google can provide) 99% of the time they turn out to be a mix-up, i.e., a change of address, purged in error from voter records, etc.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:52 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Voters were warned about voting for a man-child. Now that he's here and they see what he is they still refuse to acknowledge their mistake.

Now we all have to suffer because of their ignorance.

I can just imagine what Republican politicians talk about when they are home with their wives.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:57 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Let's make everyone who votes have a govt. supplied photo ID. I for one believe there was massive voter fraud facilitated by liberals. You know it's so.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Let's make everyone who votes have a govt. supplied photo ID. I for one believe there was massive voter fraud facilitated by liberals. You know it's so.
I know nothing of the sort. Nor do most people.

What will gov't issued ID do? Don't the repubs talk about drivers' licenses for illegals in CA anyway? Ever heard of fake ID?

Old 01-24-2017, 03:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I have no doubt there are "irregularities". It's just the nature of the process. But that's a pretty specific (and sizeable) number.

Instead of evidence of the numbers I'm more interested in how it was actually done. At what level, step-by-step.

I like a good caper.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:01 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Another day, another big Trump lie.

His followers eat it up with a spoon, though.

Then they come here and post it like it's true.

Very amusing.

And maybe even worse he AGAIN brought up that he had the largest crowd AT the inauguration, even though Spicer finally had conceded that statement was incorrect at the Monday press briefing.

Picture this. A new President is speaking before members of Congress still obsessing about his popularity, his need to be top dog. Now his followers may well blank at the facts - but you can be darn sure that almost every member sitting there in Congress does not. They actually run for office and know how to apply or not (the weaknesses) of information contained in so-called "studies" on voter registration discrepancies. Many of them were IN DC when Obama was inaugurated - not likely they'd be misled by the dual of the competing photos.

So what must these people (Republicans as well as Democrats) THINK of Trump as he rattles on about this? They've GOT to be shaking their heads in dismay, with some truly concerned. This isn't about politicking. Sure, they'll keep their game faces on as they deal with him but if anyone thinks WE'RE gossiping here ... well, the gossip that MATTERS has to be going on at the Hill and in world capitals.

At the minimum, Trump has put a sign around his neck - "FLATTER ME AND I WILL FOLLOW."

Old 01-24-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I have no doubt there are "irregularities". It's just the nature of the process. But that's a pretty specific (and sizeable) number.

Instead of evidence of the numbers I'm more interested in how it was actually done. At what level, step-by-step.

I like a good caper.
Guy from CA(who would control this - sec of state? attorney general) was just on the news. Said they've asked trump's people multiple times for their proof and offered to work with them on this. crickets.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
A November 2016 blog post on Infowars, the conspiracy theory-focused website run by radio host Alex Jones, posited the idea that roughly 3 million people voted illegally. Mr. Jones has hosted Mr. Trump on his radio show in the past.

The assertion was based on tweets from a self-proclaimed voter expert, who claimed to have a study. However, there’s no evidence of the study. And officials in swing states where Mr. Trump secured victory, many of which are governed by Republicans, say that there is no evidence of such fraud.

Mr. Spicer also made vague reference to another Pew Research Center study that supposedly backed up Mr. Trump, but the author of the study in question, David Becker, now executive director of the Center for Election Innovation and Research, tweeted again that no such fraud happened.

When a reporter pointed out to Mr. Spicer that such widespread fraud would be one of the biggest scandals in American electoral history and asked why the administration isn’t investigating, the press secretary said, “Maybe we will.”

NYT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies